Question YOSE Skill Expertise Help Needed [RESOLVED]

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
I owned Sod for a long time so recently I purchased and started playing YOSE version. I know a lot has changed between the two So I am going file by file making the game to my play style. I have been trying to edit the skill gains on the expertise file. Everything seems to work as intended until I try to unlock or select special skills I can press and hold Q like it says in game but that skill is not permanently locking in as it is supposed to. So I am guessing maybe I messed something up somewhere and I am trying to root out what would cause this issue. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
I cruised through expertise.xml and nothing jumped out at me regarding the press and hold to select. Is it possible that you removed the "hide if restricted" flag and you're attempting to learn one that isn't actually available yet?

Otherwise, let's call in a few of the well-known modders to see they can ID the problem. @QMJS @Mystyk @SwissArmyKnife

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
I figured it out, Sadly old and senile. I forgot I had edited Maya Torres in the character file, sadly i gave her too many traits, tried to mimic the lily is everything and that is what was causing the extra skills to not unlock or take properly. I just tested it and that was definitely my problem. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the offer of help. Just have to figure out how to rename this as resolved.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I've not had that skill lock issue before, so it's handy to know what causes it šŸ˜Š

I've got a custom trait for a couple of characters which has several subtraits attached to it. It helps when you're wanting to give several traits to someone and their list is full.

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
nice to see you too are still around. it's been a few years since i first started the game on / with nexus, sadly this ole man isn't skilled enough to know how to merge traits. would be a cool idea though lolz lord of the rings 1 trait to rule them all!!