Question Yose Question

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
Is there a way to block certain vehicles from spawning, example: I would like to get rid of the small hatch back cars, or just have pickup trucks spawn on the map is something like that even possible?

QMJS

Zed Hunter
\game\libs\class3.1\contentmanager\vehicles.xml
1. Remove unwanted vehicle types. However, this will just make them not show up, so you'll have far fewer vehicles on the map.

Or

2a. Replace the data for each vehicle with data from desired vehicles:

Norma truck:
<VehicleDef AccelerationRating="0.2" DurabilityRating="0.6" EntityClass="PickUpOld" HandlingRating="0.4" Id="PickUpOld" InventorySlotCount="6" MapIcon="VEHICLE" SeatCount="4" TopSpeedRating="0.4" Weight="2" IconId="109">
<Description Flags="" Notes="" Text="Old and reliable, these pickups continue to be a favorite of the farmers who count on them every day. Slow but steady. Room for two in front and two in the bed." />
<DisplayName Flags="" Notes="" Text="Old Pickup" />
</VehicleDef>

Pizza delivery car:
<VehicleDef AccelerationRating="0.8" DurabilityRating="0.6" EntityClass="Hatchback_modern_variant" HandlingRating="0.8" Id="Hatchback_modern_variant" InventorySlotCount="4" MapIcon="VEHICLE" SeatCount="4" TopSpeedRating="0.4" Weight="1" IconId="109">
<Description Flags="" Notes="" Text="Beat to shit, signals don't work and it smells like anchovies. Papa Fulci spared every expense on this sweet ride. Space for four, or twenty pizzas." />
<DisplayName Flags="" Notes="" Text="Pizza Delivery" />
</VehicleDef>

Modified entry:
<VehicleDef AccelerationRating="0.2" DurabilityRating="0.6" EntityClass="Hatchback_modern_variant" HandlingRating="0.4" Id="Hatchback_modern_variant" InventorySlotCount="6" MapIcon="VEHICLE" SeatCount="4" TopSpeedRating="0.4" Weight="2" IconId="109">
<Description Flags="" Notes="" Text="Old and reliable, these pickups continue to be a favorite of the farmers who count on them every day. Slow but steady. Room for two in front and two in the bed." />
<DisplayName Flags="" Notes="" Text="Old Pickup" />
</VehicleDef>

By keeping the EntityClass and ID properties the same, the vehicle will still appear on the map. HOWEVER, this also requires another step for each vehicle you change:

2b. \Game\objects\vehicles\

Locate the XML files for each one and replace it with the contents of the vehicle you are changing it to, except keep the field Vehicle name="Hatchback_modern_variant"

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
thanks @QMJS was a little more than i needed as I have modified vehicle inventories already, I did not touch speeds since my potato PC couldn't keep up if I did speed up the vehicles at all so I left those alone. And I do not know who made the original tow truck way back in the day of original sod but thanks to that author it gave me the idea of looking into objects pak and I was able to remove / replace a lot of those burned out trashed RV's as well as the other road obstacles to help my PC's performance. I was just thinking of removing a lot of the vehicles that I do not like / use mainly to free up my PC lag

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
After waking up and sitting down with a cup of coffee I have to thank you again after re reading your post, I am going back taking out every vehicle except SUV's and Trucks, I plan to change the SUV's to the Military Pickups

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
I tested this out and the base game still all vehicles lined out via <!-- Text --> but when I fire the game up they still appear, think if I want them truly out of the game I would have to do something drastic like go into the object files and replace all the vehicles I want removed and replace them with a different .cfg file like a needle or water bottle or something small and not noticeable.

Edit: Before asking yes I updated my bmd file :)

QMJS

Zed Hunter
You'll have to start a new map to see the initial changes. Once they are spawned they will already be there. The vehicles.xml itself defines what they look like on the map and the descriptions, but it is also used for spawning, particularly for the vehicle delivery radio commands.

The individual xml files define what they look like and performance numbers.

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
Oh I did Start a new game I always do while Testing and making / editing my xml's / bmd's, even starting a new game all the vehicles were still added in.

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
Ok that was weird I did a edit to my characters.xml and went back into my game to check my changes to lilly lolz and every vehicle in game was gone now except the pickups lol

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Ok, good... I was looking at the extra step needed if that wasn't working, and it is a pain. Not hard, but really time consuming.

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
same here I am no expert on these or coding for that matter making small changes is about the extent of my knowledge. trial and error, I spent so many days trying to edit my facilities to best suit my PC performance it almost drove me nuts and it's by no means perfected. Then I started experimenting with other pre-made facility xml's, finally found one I kind of like and edited it to my preferences. finally got my cheat Lilly working perfectly now also so i'm happy about that.

I-Got-No-Skillz

Missing Survivor
After further testing, start new game no vehicles added, move game lag spike 2 zombies spawn and lilly talks then all vehicles back. save exit game completely restart load save and all vehicles gone for good lol this game is a pain.