Mod YOSE: Brimstone: Realism & Balance

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Download Links:
Last update: May 26th 2015

INTRODUCTION?

Original intro by CypherDiaz
This mod seeks to add a bit of realism into the Zombie Apocalypse without being overbearing or ruining the fun. This mod does not focus on one area of the game but instead touches many areas of the game at the same time (hence why so many files). Some of these areas get touched heavily, others not so much. When I started building this mod I simply wanted to correct a few things that irked me about the game. I would be lying if I said the fake made-up names of the guns didn't drive me crazy, even if I understand why it had to be done. Well I ain't Undead Labs so out with those funky names. From there I just went about fixing a bunch of things here and there. A lot of research went into the mod, especially the encumbrance changes.

Expanded Intro by SwissArmyKnife
The original v0.02 changes have been rolled into this v0.1 update. These changes include the “Systems” that were implemented and other changes. Some of the updates, such as morale events and parking spots are still pending implementation. Otherwise, I have tried to stay as close to the original BMDs as possible. When I receive the original XMLs, I will be able to better match the changes.

FEATURES?

Specialization System 1.0
  • The Weapon Specialization System has been reworked.
  • You are NO longer required to choose 1 Weapon Specialization!
  • You are NO longer required to choose 1 Special Technique Specialization!
  • You can now choose 2.
Combat System 1.0
  • Health Consumables had their weights reduced from 0.3 to 0.05
  • Snacks have been renamed to Twinkies.
  • Cardio & Wits Skill have had their needed XP reworked
  • Stack Sizes for Consumables has been changed
  • Effectiveness of Healing/Stamina Consumables has been increased
  • Increased effectiveness of the Rage Specialization.
  • The stamina loss numbers from sprinting and sprinting while encumbered have been redone to give more benefit to later levels of Cardio
  • Falling Damage has been redone!
  • Stealth Kills give Wits XP now.
  • Kill a Juggy or Feral and get Wits XP.
  • The Flashlight has been boosted. It should be a bit brighter and light up a bit more area now.
  • Molotovs should be a more effective tool now. Their durations have been slightly increased.
  • The influence cost for bringing a friend with you has been drastically reduced from 100 Influence to 20 Influence!
Weapon System 1.0
  • All ammo weight and stack sizes have been reworked to be more realistic
  • Suppressors have had their usage numbers increased from 10-30-50 to 15-50-100.
  • Suppressor weights were also reduced from 0.3 to 0.2 across all three types.
  • A large majority of melee weapons had their weights changed to match their real world weights.
  • A few melee weapons had their durability changed to reflect their real world versions.
  • All firearms have had their names changed to their real world versions.
  • All firearms now have their correct real world weights.
  • The noise of guns has been redone. The noise indicator on the weapon info image is accurate to the new system.
  • Default Fire-Mode Fix: Original Credit: Last Post
  • For guns that have the additional Burst Mode; they now go Single-Burst-Auto.
  • Single Shot was added to the M1918 and M27 IAR.
  • The damage of all guns has been reworked to be more realistic, within the limits of the game.
  • Breakdown Guns are now available in the base game
  • New Gun: Glock 18. It has the proper 32 round magazine of the Glock 18 and the proper fire modes (Full Auto!).
Housing/Base System 1.0
  • Tiny, Small and Medium Home Site Limits Changed
  • Bedrooms now give you 12 beds instead of 8.
  • Garden/Greenhouse Production Changes
  • New Commerce Opportunity at Machine & Munitions Shops: Train outsiders in Fortification and gain +5 Construction Materials
  • Reduction in all research and build times
  • 4Hour Research at Library now takes 1Hour
  • Build Suppressors much faster (Currently 10Minutes, was 30Minutes).
  • Most build times were cut in down by 30-50% of their time.
  • Machine & Munitions Shops now can create Machined Suppressors! This replaces the normal Homemade Suppressors. The Built-In Workshop at STW is included in this.
  • The cooldown for Outpost's Traps has been reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
  • Ammo & Consumable Stacks in your base's supply stash are Fixed! They will NO longer reset to 60. They will stack up to 255. More than that creates a brand new stack! They never go away now.
Search System 1.0
  • Certain sites (Army Depot, Police Department, Gun Shop) have had their max resources increased from 2 to 3. This means that up to 3 resource bundles can drop when you search the building.
  • Certain searchable containers in certain locations have had extra loot added to them. Check out the Army Depot, Gun Shop, and Police Department.
  • Cap System Upgrade
  • The item lists has been overhauled. Prior, if an item list had a cap of 5, yet 10 different weapons in it, you would only ever find 5 of those weapons. Caps thus have been majorly increased. With enough effort you can find treasures. Just be careful not to fill up your stash!
  • Resource Caps have been slightly reworked. The max amount of ammo resources has been increased from 60 to 80.
  • Resource Bundles (Ammo & Meds), when broken open, now give more stuff!
Misc. Hero Changes (Story mode only)

• Marcus Campbell
    • Starts with a Hatchet due to being out on a camping trip. – Works intermittently at best, still fixing this one
    • Starts with a Colt Banker's Special (Snub 22 Revolver).
    • Starts with 2 Painkillers instead of 1.
  • Ed Jones
    • Starts with a Wood Baseball Bat
    • Starts with \"Walking Hotel\" Trait
  • Maya Torres
    • Starts with an AR-15 Tactical (AR-15 Custom).
    • Starts with \"Walking Hotel\" Trait
  • Walking Hotel Trait (formerly known as Brute)
    • It now gives +8 to Encumbrance Limit.
    • This new Trait has been given to both Ed and Maya.
Misc. Other Changes
  • You are more likely to find guns, and more of them, in certain locations Police Department, Gun Shop, Army Depot
  • Expect to find more ammo at the police station than you did before.
  • No more camping gear at the Police Station.
  • Backpack weights have been rebalanced

LEGAL STUFF
Regarding the original structures & components from Undead Labs:
“© 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved.”

Regarding customization/editing/creation of new content.
“© 2013 Cypherdiaz. All Rights Reserved.”
“© 2014 SwissArmyKnife. All Rights Reserved”​

Last edited:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
----------------------------------------------
YOSE - Additional Radio & Influence Options

• Adds home radio options to the original Brimstones
  • Home radio options changed. New options for Resources (20), Melee weapons (8), Snacks (24), and Guns (1 each + 120 ammo).
------------------------------------------------------
YOSE - Life is Like a Box of Ammo

• Increases shotgun shell carrying capacity to 90
  • Increases grenade carrying capacity to 50
  • Increases 9mm, 357Cal, 40Cal, 45Cal and 50Cal carrying capacity to 90
  • Increases 22Cal carrying capacity to 120

YOSE - Custom Mission Timers

Mission Timers Modified:

• Original timers increased 5x
  • 10-50 minutes, depending on the mission type
11 Levels of Hell & Brimstone

• Medium: Density Multiplier starts at 1x and goes to 10x at level 11 and above
  • Hard: Density multiplier starts at 10x and goes to 20x at level 11 and above
  • Very Hard: Density multiplier starts at 20x and goes to 30x at level 11 and above
  • Hell: Density multiplier starts at 30x and goes to 40x at level 11 and above

XCTrailBlazer

Missing Survivor
Hi, It is impossible to access the link of the mods.
Is there a problem with them?
I can access the rest of mods of the forum, except for the ones of this mod that interests me.

This is the message that appears to me when trying to access the mods through those links.
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found."

Thanks in advance.

PD: Your mods are amazing.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
That's what I get for copying it over directly without checking links first. All of the links have been corrected.

Biker Steve

Rescued Ally
A few recommendations for weapons:

The .357 weapons should do more damage than 40/45. I think 40/45 are set for 200HP, if so, .357 should be 250HP.
The G20 (converted to G21, not sure why, as it keeps the same ammo stack, which would not be possible) should be reworked to take 40 ammo, but do more damage. Make it a true 10mm. 275HP damage on that.

Andrewbear1996

Missing Survivor
Hey SAK, I've been loving this mod recently but it is impossible to get it to work with QMJS's mod. I feel your mod and that one just compliment each other so well but as I said every time I download the one off the site they just break each other. Do you have any sort of guidance for how to make them work together? I know QMJS stated that his mod doesn't play well with others but imo I can't play without both. Only way I can is by using the old version of this off the nexus but that has the significant backpack glitch ugh

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Without having QMJS' original XMLs, I couldn't tell you what to change to merge the two and I know that his is still a work in progress, whereas the Brimstone one that I recreated is mostly finished. There were tweaks I released after the initial conversion, but it's basically in support mode now, since I released the XMLs for others to customize to their liking.

Game-R

Missing Survivor
Hi, has anyone been successful in fixing this mod's bug preventing rucksacks being stashed in vehicles?

Last edited:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Hi, has anyone been successful in fixing this mod's bug preventing rucksacks being stashed in vehicles?
Are you using the version from Nexus Mods? That one isn't updated at all.

The YOSE version hosted here has rucksacks working in vehicles.

Game-R

Missing Survivor
Oh, thank you. I was trying the version hosted here, but probably something went wrong with the copying of the mod files.
My initial attempt encountered the bug. I've since redid the modding and made sure all the files were copied and overwritten and it's now fixed.
Thank you again.