What's Happening in Your World?

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I'm happy to get my news, bits and other things from every available source, especially one that comes from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

On topic, I start at Blackboard as a seasonal advisor on Monday so yay for employment! I'm also considering a second job as test proctor and maybe a third job as an indie developer on a new team starting up (albeit, at a very amateur dev pay scale)

Really enjoying my volunteer work at a local animal shelter and I find myself wishing I could find a paying job doing that sort of work.

Also going to start my cats on a meat diet, I've been doing some research and found it's actually quite an involved process and there's a lot more to it than just buying some chicken and cutting it up. All the nutritional suppliments needed if you don't use ground bone and organ meat mean it's just like cooking for myself.....except I don't cook, I just buy stuff I can throw in the oven without much preparation or just microwave it so this will be a challenge. I think it'll be worth it though, especially if it helps one of my cats with her IBD and sensitive stomach.

Really enjoying my volunteer work at a local animal shelter and I find myself wishing I could find a paying job doing that sort of work.

Also going to start my cats on a meat diet, I've been doing some research and found it's actually quite an involved process and there's a lot more to it than just buying some chicken and cutting it up. All the nutritional suppliments needed if you don't use ground bone and organ meat mean it's just like cooking for myself.....except I don't cook, I just buy stuff I can throw in the oven without much preparation or just microwave it so this will be a challenge. I think it'll be worth it though, especially if it helps one of my cats with her IBD and sensitive stomach.
I commend you for your selflessness to animals.

"Ones that care for the voiceless are more human than human"

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Today was windy, with horizontal rain. Dad started up the woodheater - but it's Summer! - as it was cold. (It's Tassie so Summer doesn't mean anything, it could snow tomorrow, lol).
I'm in my room at the other end of the house and I can smell something warm. "Oh yeah, the woodheater." I go out to make a coffee and smell something disgusting.
Both parents are oblivious watching TV. I march up to the woodheater, and pluck off a very melted stuffed toy. "Really? You didn't see it? Smell it?" Nopes all around. Just "Oh, oops."
It wasn't directly on the heater, but on top of a metal thing to hold wood, which belongs on the floor. The metal thing was hot af.
Peeling the toy off and bits of its insides were melted so it was a goopy mess. Yuck!
Good thing I was home today.
(Lol, I'm always home, I'd rather be home).

BobCrees

Alamo Family
Today was windy, with horizontal rain. Dad started up the woodheater - but it's Summer! - as it was cold. (It's Tassie so Summer doesn't mean anything, it could snow tomorrow, lol).
I'm in my room at the other end of the house and I can smell something warm. "Oh yeah, the woodheater." I go out to make a coffee and smell something disgusting.
Both parents are oblivious watching TV. I march up to the woodheater, and pluck off a very melted stuffed toy. "Really? You didn't see it? Smell it?" Nopes all around. Just "Oh, oops."
It wasn't directly on the heater, but on top of a metal thing to hold wood, which belongs on the floor. The metal thing was hot af.
Peeling the toy off and bits of its insides were melted so it was a goopy mess. Yuck!
Good thing I was home today.
(Lol, I'm always home, I'd rather be home).
Sounds like it was lucky that you were there?

Zechs

Rescued Ally
Played a little D&D, with a few buddies from school. Way back in the day. My character is a Tiefling. And I was in the wrong place at the right time. Inside someone's dry dock warehouse. Surrounded by a few bodies of assailants who disapproved my presence.

I was looking for a missing daughter of a wealthy man. Who had enemies among this very warehouse. So I began a fire in the upper level of the building. I also ended up getting into a fight with the local Magistrate and a few of his militia. Didn't go as planned. Was told to drop my weapons and lay down. I didn't cooperate. Being Tiefling I figured it wouldn't benefit me. So I engaged.

Magistrate first, but first attack glanced off. Minor damage. He hit me but armor absorbed the damage. I then shoulder tackled him, knocking him over. He couldn't get up in time. I threw a vial of oil on to him then used an Action Point and made a natural critical strike. He raised his weapon to blunt the blow but it didn't help him. He took damage, passed out and caught flame from some sparks from our weapons colliding.

I went in for the coup de grace but 2 militia men tried to stop me. One missed while the other hopped on to my back. But it didn't stop me as I went in for the Magistrate's throat.

Exited the building shortly after to see a group of townsfolk circling. Due to the fire spreading and due to our active engagement. As i fought the militia they riled up and eventually began to riot. They attacked all of us, killing them and knocking me out.

All in all, interesting encounter.

hendo003

Rescued Ally
My boss just confirmed my vacations, I'll be doing something/somewhere in Europe from April 28th to May 12th.....watch now how SoD2 will release on that window lol
Yeah, I can see that happening. But, enjoy the vacation. The wife and I are trying to work on a vacation to Europe sometime in the future. Don't know when.

So, side note. The whole thing with my mom passing has been a really roller coaster. Where do I start.... My mom still had my grandmothers house and was finally able to get it sold. It took it a few weeks to get it sold, however it did sell. Her husband, (not calling him my step father, haven't really gotten to know him that well.) Told her that she should have taken a less offer because the house wouldn't sell. that offer was about 30k less than what she got. She wanted to stick it out and see if it would sell for more.

This was a spot of contention between the both of them and he told her that he was not going to help her with getting the house ready one bit. So, she and I had a lot of conversations that she needed to have someone to talk to about this. When the house finally sold, she was ecstatic. It was a couple of weeks before she told him how much the house sold for. She also told him that money was her and he was not having any of it. Supposedly. She was planning on a trip to Australia to see some of our cousins who live there. My wife and I talked to her and asked if we could go with her. We did tell her that we would pay her back for the tickets. She did say yes.

Fast forward to now. All of her assets has gone to him. The money that she got from the house, the one that the husband did not want anything to do with, went to him. I figured I would get some sort of compensation from the house, since it was my grandmothers and it had nothing to do with him what so ever. I know this might sound like I am being greedy for the money. That is not the case at all. I am more than happy to take some of it and not all of it.

To top that all off, he has tried to take a policy that she had left me and my grandmother. That I had to put my foot down and get it under control. I contacted the insurance company that the policy was with and was able to get that taken care of.

He's an odd one, just did not think that he was greedy.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
What a hangover day.

Valentines was great, then when we get home, backseat driver starts.

5 minutes in and our corruption king president resigns, all hell breaks loose at 11:20pm - people on the streets singing and dancing, drinks flowing.

This morning our corrupt mayor is getting the boot.

This afternoon, the corrupt ANC that was protecting the corrupt president will appoint a corrupt new president until we can finally get rid of this lot in 2019.

More importantly, USD:ZAR is looking good and I might soon be able to afford some xbox games.
1 US Dollar equals 11.74 South African Rand
chart.gif

Dantron

Rescued Ally
Dantron has received good news. The best news. Dantron's news is so awesome. Dantron is most definitely happy with this news.

:):):):):):)
Dantron has received no news. No news. Dantron's news is so non-existent. Dantron is most definitely unhappy with not having any news.

Dantron should be banned for being untrustworthy.