What's Happening in Your World?

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Nephrologist: So, any quesstions?

Me: Yeah. Given everything that's going on . . . how, exactly, do I sanitize the bottle of hand sanitizer?

Nephrologist: blink: . . . :blink: . . . :blink: . . .

Me: Oh no, I think I broke him.
With fire, of course.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
I didn't wanna make a new thread for this, but I am eternally grateful for this community.

I've had the pleasure of knowing y'all for almost SEVEN years, and this community has impacted me in ways I never thought possible. When things in my personal life were turbulent I knew I could always come to the forums and hang out with people who enjoyed the same zombie game as me.

Thank you Swiss for setting up this forum, I thought I was going to lose contact with a LOT of you guys when the UL forums were getting shut down.

This isn't a goodbye post or anything like that, I'm just thankful for y'all!

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Hey y'all!

Where have I been? Keeping to myself and staying out of trouble from here. But most importantly. Strabismus Eye Muscle Surgery on Monday October 5th. Boy was it a day. I hope it turns out well as I am still in recovery and don't worry. I'll be sure to take care of myself and take it easy from the technology!

Before the surgery. I had to do a H&P, check my thin blood to ensure I would be okay(Not really important for this operation.), and get tested for COVID-19(Thanks Don El Trumpo!)

Sunday: I was to clean my room, clear some dust, and change my sheets and pillow cases for a cleansed room to sleep and rest in. Not much really happened in the month of September except for preparing, waiting, important phone calls, and check-ups. I had to take a shower the night before and morning of the surgery. I also asked my mom to bring me Queso Fries from her job. (Fries with Bacon, shredded steak, and sour cream.) since I couldn't eat in the morning.

Monday: Woke up at around 4:15 and got some water before 5:45 because that was the deadline for me to drink before the surgery. Woke up at around 6:56 and got up to take a shower. Got dressed, and headed out towards the city of Saint Paul(Near Minneapolis MN.) We left at around 7:40AM. During the drive we were listening to the radio and this woman had an online affair with another man. She had feelings for him and gave him $50K and poof he ghosted her. Her husband forgave her cause it took him a year and a half to make $50K... Don't know why but you can think about that as you will.

We got there just on time at 8:20. I had to wait in the lobby for a good twenty or thirty minutes until they called me in to start. A nurse led me into a room where I was to change and get situated on the hospital bed. I had to change into the hospital gown they gave me and some sort of socks to keep. Not too bad, lol. I saw at least 6-7 nurses and doctors during my procedure at different times of my visit. They asked me if I had any form of issues which I had none since I was healthy. Had a little joke as to which eye they would do my procedure with. The surgeon wrote yes with a purple marker near my eyebrow.

The room was small but spacious enough for a few people. Facing towards the door there was a mirror on the wall in front of me to the left(11oC). A chair to my left where my mom was sitting(7-8oC). A Computer to my right for when the doctors and nurses would use or speak to me(3-4oC). I was sitting in the chair in the back center where I was able to see everything around me(6oC). The door was in the wall in front of me but to the right. (1oC) (oC = o'clock)

My mom has a thing where she would get lightheaded with primarily me because I was her first child and had several cases where I would accidentally hurt myself or something else would involve me being injured. She was a little light-headed when she saw me in the hospital bed, though only when I had some form of pain such as sticking an IV onto my right hand. But she was better afterwards. They gave me a shot of relaxation through the IV and some Tylenol and something else.

After checking with everything it was all a go for my 9:50 surgery procedure. They strolled me through the corridors to the Operation Room and I was greeted with three nurses who were to help me get started with my procedure. They changed the bed to have me lie down facing the celling. I think they pricked me with something else on my right hand though I didn't know what it was.
Pricked my right hand
Breathing in

Nurse: "Sorry about that!"
Me: "Ts'all good."
They gave me a mask or some plastic tube for my mouth to breath in. I was like: "Ooh, what's this?" Looking around with me eyes POOF I'm out

I am slowly waking up an hour or two later in a general room that is very open. Note that I am in and out of it. I have some memory of what happened but I was likely awake but unconscious from time to time. Nurse saw me awake and asked me how I was doing - or something like that. I blink and I am in the room where I had started. I now had a band-aid cast on my right hand because of the IV. My mom told me she was holding my left hand but I showed no sign of conscious until it hit me. I gained my awareness and saw that a nurse would help me get situated and out of the gown. I got into my regular civilian clothes and got my belongings. I had some strength but not to keep me up on my feet for a good while. I was put on a wheelchair and was guided by a nurse to the pick-up. My mom was guided by another nurse to an exit for where she would be able to pick up her car from the parking garage.

My mom arrived and I was put into the car without much trouble. We left at around 1:00, It was bright out so I used my hoodie to block the sunlight and I was a bit in and out of the car ride. Not much was said. We arrived home and I was helped by my mom as I leaned on her for assistance. Got to my room and I was plopped in bed and ready to sleep. It was about 3:00 when I had to use the restroom and boy oh boy did I have a fucking meltdown. I was seeing double, not double vision. DOUBLE. I looked at the Virgin Mary painting I had on my wall - 9 o'clock. I was seeing two of them instead of one and I was upset thinking that I would regret having the surgery. I spoke too soon for myself as I had to wait instead of cry.

I had enough and went back to sleep. It was 5:00 and my mom brought some cough drops as my throat was dry from likely breathing the anesthesia or whatever. She made some chicken soup with Carrots, tomatoes, onions, chicken legs, and lumps of rice. At around this time my eyes started to get better and situated. I slowly can open it over time but it hurts when I move it too much. My sight is alright for when I am seeing something up close but double from a distance.

I can't go outside for the week so that means: "No pools, no grass-cutting, no raking the leaves, no milking the cows, whatever." -Dr. M.
I have a check-up next Wednesday to see how things are going and hopefully my recovery goes well!.

I have to take an eye cream that seeps through the bottom of my eye. Tylenol, Celecoxib/Celebrex for the pain. I can shower though keep away from the face.

Sorry if this is all over the place. Just wanted to write down what I remember and what I can. I am just using my right eye for now to read what I type. Thank you for reading! :)

Oh, Why did I get this surgery? My right eye is more dominant than my left and I felt it would be too uncomfortable for others who are speaking to me and or when I am reading/concentrating on something. My left eye would move on it's own moving outward or a bit inward. I use them both for when I am walking around, looking at stuff or when riding in a car. My right is just better for reading and seeing things from a distance. So, yeah.

Last edited:

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
Okay, I really need to stop going out. After learning from the doctor that I probably need orthotics to prevent any more stress fractures in my foot because of my daily marathon walking sessions, I allowed how I didn't want to tell my girlfriend that and give her the satisfaction. His response? Just don't tell her.

So, yeah, life lesson for the day: the secret to a successful relationship is . . . lying to your partner.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
For the love of god. Why did I hit love? I thought it was the care react from Facebook... :/

Rest in Peace Mr. Connery.

It's been three weeks after my eye surgery and all is going well. I will withdraw from college to start working and mentally recover from what has happened this year. I wish you all good health. I haven't been lurking here much but I'll check in on y'all from time to time.

SrueTavage

Missing Survivor
Aight, so I wasn't planning on trying to join today or anytime soon but when I stopped by to try and look for my old breakdown blog for a picture, I came across a message that Fabian wrote about me over a year ago and I decided I should give a life update since I was infamous for complaining about everything on here. He did message me on Discord months back but I didn't respond for reasons that will become apparent soon. So yeah, Let's get into this Anime series.

So yeah, a whole lot has happened ever since I left. So I somehow graduated high school with flying colors despite hardly giving a shit cuz I wanted to be a super senior for various reasons. My dad's brother stayed with us for a good 6 months I think until he moved to a half way house then too New Mexico apparently. However, for a while, we were dealing with Grandma's landlord and up until December, We were able to stay there but we randomly got evicted then. We were allowed to stay with an Uncle of mine who I haven't seen since I was 13. I didn't want to go. Especially since I thought the plan was gonna be that I would stay with a family member who I actually cared for but my grandma intentionally fucked us over.

So yeah, I got a taste of living outside my home town and it was interesting. Uncle's place was filled with churches for some reason but it was pretty quaint tbh. I did immediately hate it at first because of how big and intimidating of a change it was but I quickly adapted as I tend to do. Especially since I thought that Uncle meant well. Little did I know, I got sucked into the plot of the tom and jerry movie and this guy wanted to steal me from my parents and use me for financial gain due to my disability benefits. I didn't know this until like a day or so before we left to do housing and other buisness stuff.

We did get stuck in my home town though but a friendly neighbor of ours took us in and after an interesting uber ride, we stayed there for a few nights until we took a long ride back to my uncle's place only for him to tell us he can't have us there because his son had school the next day(yet he was fine with that when he first took us in) and because a bounty hunter or some shit banged on his door looking for us and gave his mom a heart attack (absolutely did not happen. People vouched for that) and despite the fact it was like 30 degrees or less outside, he kicked us out on the street. We were out there for hours maybe until mom got an uber to a local urgent care. The Security seemed cool at first until dad found out that the moment they got my mom feeling better, we had to leave or else they would call the cops as "we know what your kind is like".

My mom contacted another family member who ironically dropped us off at my Uncle's place, and like 10 hours later, she finally picked us up from outside and took us to a homeless shelter. We thought we were gonna be able to get some housing and left several weeks in but those plans fell through and we once again got stranded at my old hometown. I was able to lead my parents back to our neighbor's place on foot for safety from this asshole sheriff who was following us and we finally got some good sleep and got a ride back to the homeless shelter which is where we stayed another 4 months.

It was an interesting experience there. I became quite a bit more social and made lots of friends there as well as a lot of enemies. Especially on the streets cause there was this weird game of thrones division between the Shelter People and the Tent people. The Tent People hate Shelter people because we got fed breakfast and dinner and showers so we cant be allowed to accept free stuff from people who donate even though the Tent people can be allowed into the shelter any time but they themselves choose to not be there since they like anarchy.

Thankfully, my dad got in touch with an aunt of mine who I never have seen since I was like 9 and she wanted to help us off the streets by sending us to live with my dad's brother in New Mexico and after talking to a new department from the city made just for combating the homelessness, he was able to get us greyhound tickets out to New Mexico and after my aunt picked us up. I was no longer homeless and for the first time ever, left California and was now in what I like to call Skinwalker country. That one family member I mentioned earlier came to say goodbye of sorts right before we got on the bus but it won't be the last we see of them. There were some bumps in the road after we first moved here. Aside from the first week due to financial reasons, I was also super paranoid about paranormal stuff. It turns out some of it was just me but there is still unexplainable stuff like thumping/knocking in the wall behind my bed which could be mice but after the two loud thumps I heard while writing this delicious wall of text...idfk...

So yeah this leads to now and honestly, I think I am doing better than I was like 3 years ago. Life has been pretty good. We do financially ok and the problems I do have stem from online drama. My dad is waiting to get interviewed for a job at Walmart. We got a used to be puppy named Bobby a few weeks after my dad's brother died. idfk what it is but I believe it's a Shepweiler. He bites a lot and gets really hyperactive but he is only halfway grown and still teething so this is to be expected. And if things go well, my mom wants to move back to my Hometown in California to use their section 8 they got while we were at the shelter. So yeah. Life is alright. If you got this far, Thanks for reading.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Aight, so I wasn't planning on trying to join today or anytime soon but when I stopped by to try and look for my old breakdown blog for a picture, I came across a message that Fabian wrote about me over a year ago and I decided I should give a life update since I was infamous for complaining about everything on here. He did message me on Discord months back but I didn't respond for reasons that will become apparent soon. So yeah, Let's get into this Anime series.

So yeah, a whole lot has happened ever since I left. So I somehow graduated high school with flying colors despite hardly giving a shit cuz I wanted to be a super senior for various reasons. My dad's brother stayed with us for a good 6 months I think until he moved to a half way house then too New Mexico apparently. However, for a while, we were dealing with Grandma's landlord and up until December, We were able to stay there but we randomly got evicted then. We were allowed to stay with an Uncle of mine who I haven't seen since I was 13. I didn't want to go. Especially since I thought the plan was gonna be that I would stay with a family member who I actually cared for but my grandma intentionally fucked us over.

So yeah, I got a taste of living outside my home town and it was interesting. Uncle's place was filled with churches for some reason but it was pretty quaint tbh. I did immediately hate it at first because of how big and intimidating of a change it was but I quickly adapted as I tend to do. Especially since I thought that Uncle meant well. Little did I know, I got sucked into the plot of the tom and jerry movie and this guy wanted to steal me from my parents and use me for financial gain due to my disability benefits. I didn't know this until like a day or so before we left to do housing and other buisness stuff.

We did get stuck in my home town though but a friendly neighbor of ours took us in and after an interesting uber ride, we stayed there for a few nights until we took a long ride back to my uncle's place only for him to tell us he can't have us there because his son had school the next day(yet he was fine with that when he first took us in) and because a bounty hunter or some shit banged on his door looking for us and gave his mom a heart attack (absolutely did not happen. People vouched for that) and despite the fact it was like 30 degrees or less outside, he kicked us out on the street. We were out there for hours maybe until mom got an uber to a local urgent care. The Security seemed cool at first until dad found out that the moment they got my mom feeling better, we had to leave or else they would call the cops as "we know what your kind is like".

My mom contacted another family member who ironically dropped us off at my Uncle's place, and like 10 hours later, she finally picked us up from outside and took us to a homeless shelter. We thought we were gonna be able to get some housing and left several weeks in but those plans fell through and we once again got stranded at my old hometown. I was able to lead my parents back to our neighbor's place on foot for safety from this asshole sheriff who was following us and we finally got some good sleep and got a ride back to the homeless shelter which is where we stayed another 4 months.

It was an interesting experience there. I became quite a bit more social and made lots of friends there as well as a lot of enemies. Especially on the streets cause there was this weird game of thrones division between the Shelter People and the Tent people. The Tent People hate Shelter people because we got fed breakfast and dinner and showers so we cant be allowed to accept free stuff from people who donate even though the Tent people can be allowed into the shelter any time but they themselves choose to not be there since they like anarchy.

Thankfully, my dad got in touch with an aunt of mine who I never have seen since I was like 9 and she wanted to help us off the streets by sending us to live with my dad's brother in New Mexico and after talking to a new department from the city made just for combating the homelessness, he was able to get us greyhound tickets out to New Mexico and after my aunt picked us up. I was no longer homeless and for the first time ever, left California and was now in what I like to call Skinwalker country. That one family member I mentioned earlier came to say goodbye of sorts right before we got on the bus but it won't be the last we see of them. There were some bumps in the road after we first moved here. Aside from the first week due to financial reasons, I was also super paranoid about paranormal stuff. It turns out some of it was just me but there is still unexplainable stuff like thumping/knocking in the wall behind my bed which could be mice but after the two loud thumps I heard while writing this delicious wall of text...idfk...

So yeah this leads to now and honestly, I think I am doing better than I was like 3 years ago. Life has been pretty good. We do financially ok and the problems I do have stem from online drama. My dad is waiting to get interviewed for a job at Walmart. We got a used to be puppy named Bobby a few weeks after my dad's brother died. idfk what it is but I believe it's a Shepweiler. He bites a lot and gets really hyperactive but he is only halfway grown and still teething so this is to be expected. And if things go well, my mom wants to move back to my Hometown in California to use their section 8 they got while we were at the shelter. So yeah. Life is alright. If you got this far, Thanks for reading.
Thanks for the update. That's a uhh.. bloody mess of a story. I rolled my eyes at the anime joke but you've convinced me. That's the best way to describe it lol.

I'm sorry you've been dealing with homelessness. That is one hell of a thing to have to go through and I'm glad you're living in a place now.

Hope the place you're finally in for the moment isn't "haunted." Sorry haunted is such a stupid term to use. I lived in a place all my life that was... "Haunted," or full of spirits. Whatever you want to call it. Actually I think I want to make a post for that.

Anyways welcome back to the forum. Stay as long as you like. Glad to see you back.