What's Happening in Your World?

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
In non-COVID news, seems that the Marine Corps is disbanding all of it's tank battalions, at least four of it's twenty-five infantry battalions, sixteen of it's artillery battalions, and an uncertain number of its AAV and LAV battalions, as well as helo, F-35 and MV-22 squadrons.

Yep, that's not going to come back and bite them in the ass . . .

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
We will find out who our real friends are during our quarantine. We're on day 4 as we included the day we got home.
Supermarkets don't do deliveries to our suburb, even though they're just down the road. How stupid. My sister might be able to get an exemption, though, as her baby has a medical condition. But it's only a one-off exemption. Better than nothing.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
In non-COVID news, seems that the Marine Corps is disbanding all of it's tank battalions, at least four of it's twenty-five infantry battalions, sixteen of it's artillery battalions, and an uncertain number of its AAV and LAV battalions, as well as helo, F-35 and MV-22 squadrons.

Yep, that's not going to come back and bite them in the ass . . .
So, investigating further, it seems the Marines are getting rid of all of their armour, most of their artillery, and a whole bunch of their aircraft in order to "reposture" themselves to face "emerging threats" in the Pacific (hint: read that as the P.R.C.). Which, according to the new doctrine the MCCDC is developing, means "garrisoning islands and floating barge bases."

Right. So the Corps is going to ditch its core functon of being an expeditionary forced-entry force in favour of a new core function as a "sit in place and shoot us" force. Seems legit to me . . .

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Online class session starts tomorrow morning, wonder how that will go.

I didn't know what to eat so I got some wheat bread, Colby jack cheese, and some turkey slices. Made it into a sandwich and threw it onto a George Foreman grill and liked it very much.