What's Happening in Your World?

BobCrees

Alamo Family
@Liamypoo

If I recall; back in the day, you were the first person to welcome me to the old Forum with a PM. I never did post enough messages to get you off the top spot lol.

There will always be a light on at the Alamo and a cup of coffee for you should you pop in, none of that fancy Cappuccino stuff though, with or without powdered milk is the best we can offer.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Well. Like Ham and those before me, seems it's time to depart. I've loved it, the original forums were my home and my life for a while. To all that took part, especially the games section, Fear, Julia, Matt, K-Man, FT, Mad, Virgil, Muse, Quarantine and if I forget anyone I apologise but you people added a lot to my life. I feel empathetic to the friends we lost along the way, the ones who didn't cross over or didn't make it from the original forum all the way. I remember you all and I do think about you. But like Ham and many others, I feel it's time to move on. I'll think of you, I will when I feel lonely or if my nostalgia kicks in, you're gonna be in my memories. However this place has never truly been my home and so I feel it's time to go to pasture. As I said before, I'll catch you on the flip flop boys. I may lurk every now and then but overall my posting time is done. Farewell, and from the bottom of my heart I hope you people have a long and happy life filled with what you desire. See you on the other side boys and girls, catch you on the flip flop.
And like those others gone before you, you will be missed. Be well.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Fuck man, if people start leaving then I guess I have no other choice but to do the same. I must leave at once early to take all the pain in than little by little.

Thank you for being with us @Liamypoo!

I feel as if I’m losing myself because I said before, you guys make up for who I am today. It’s a very tough decision that I think about everyday. I leave and start to build my own self. Stay here and reflect upon my choices that I make everyday. It seems about the same but I won’t have reflective perspective on my actions. I will most likely stay but hopefully won’t leave if it comes to it.

Thank you for being there for me.

QuarantineRoad

Rescued Ally
Well. Like Ham and those before me, seems it's time to depart. I've loved it, the original forums were my home and my life for a while. To all that took part, especially the games section, Fear, Julia, Matt, K-Man, FT, Mad, Virgil, Muse, Quarantine and if I forget anyone I apologise but you people added a lot to my life. I feel empathetic to the friends we lost along the way, the ones who didn't cross over or didn't make it from the original forum all the way. I remember you all and I do think about you. But like Ham and many others, I feel it's time to move on. I'll think of you, I will when I feel lonely or if my nostalgia kicks in, you're gonna be in my memories. However this place has never truly been my home and so I feel it's time to go to pasture. As I said before, I'll catch you on the flip flop boys. I may lurk every now and then but overall my posting time is done. Farewell, and from the bottom of my heart I hope you people have a long and happy life filled with what you desire. See you on the other side boys and girls, catch you on the flip flop.

View attachment 2704
Echoing Bob, Fabian, and Zero, you were one of the first to make me feel welcome--and my first real friend on the old forum. I know we haven't really talked since then, but I'll never forget that. I'll always have those good memories, and I share in what you said. This community's been a transformative part of my life, too, and with that, you've been important in helping me find my way. Just like you being key in me joining Games section, sharing my writing, and my art. I'm not sure where I'd be without that motivation.

I'm sad to see you go, but I understand. All I can say it's great to see you're doing alright, man, and I'll always be rooting for you. You're a seriously cool guy, and I hope you have an awesome life. Take care, my friend.

Last edited:

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
All done. Pared down DXDiag...
Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 8/6/2019, 16:45:41
             Machine name: DAIGORO

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: MS-7B22
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/09/18 18:35:33 Ver: V1.20 (type: BIOS)
           Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32710MB RAM
                Page File: 4322MB used, 33252MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
            DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
       Display Memory: 24402 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8047 MB
       Shared Memory: 16355 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
      Drive: C:
Free Space: 719.1 GB
Total Space: 953.0 GB
File System: NTFS
      Model: WDC WDS100T2B0B

Drive: D:
Free Space: 579.7 GB
Total Space: 953.9 GB
      Model: WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0

Drive: E:
Free Space: 39.3 GB
Total Space: 953.9 GB
      Model: MKNSSDRE1TB

Drive: F:
Free Space: 210.1 GB
Total Space: 476.9 GB
      Model: ST3500418AS

Drive: G:
      Model: hp DVD A  DH16AAL
Performance Results
Gaming

Gaming 122%

UFO
Desktop

Desktop 95%

Nuclear submarine
Workstation

Workstation 85%

Aircraft carrier

PC StatusOverall this PC is performing as expected (57th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 43 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components.
ProcessorWith a brilliant single core score, this CPU is the business: It demolishes everyday tasks such as web browsing, office apps and audio/video playback. Additionally this processor can handle moderate workstation, and even light server workloads. Finally, with a gaming score of 91.3%, this CPUs suitability for 3D gaming is outstanding.
Graphics157% is an outstanding 3D score, it's the bee's knees. This GPU can handle almost all 3D games at very high resolutions and ultra detail levels.
Boot Drive100% is a very good SSD score. This drive is suitable for moderate workstation use, it will facilitate fast boots, responsive applications and ensure minimum IO wait times.
Memory32GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's far more than any current game requires. 32GB will also allow for large file and system caches, virtual machine hosting, software development, video editing and batch multimedia processing.
OS VersionWindows 10 is the most recent version of Windows, and the best to date in our opinion.

SystemMicro-Star MS-7B22
MotherboardMSI H370 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B22) (all builds)
Memory27.4 GB free of 32 GB @ 2.7 GHz
Display1920 x 1080 - 32 Bit colors
OSWindows 10
BIOS Date20180409
Uptime0 Days
Run DateAug 06 '19 at 23:19
Run Duration155 Seconds
Run UserUSA-User
Background CPU3%

Last edited:

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Car got its overdue 120K service but, as the next one was at 135K that's what was done today.
They even washed and vaccuumed it 😃
I've got rego due in September ($360ish) and the major thing the mechanic found was my two front tyres are bald on the insides. I've got 3 months, max, to get new ones. That'll be about $300.
If only I had a job I'd say, "Yep, do it, and also my rear right reverse light, interior light, touch up those chips, and the inside socket where we plug our phones in that's busted, too."
Instead I have to save up on the meagre Govt allowance I get each fortnight. Car insurance, course fees and rent also come out fortnightly. On top of that I'm a smoker 😣

Mum takes possession of her new house tomorrow so very soon I'll be able to access my stuff in the storage container, so i can sell most of it.

Sucks to be poor 😣

Rebel36

Rescued Ally

View attachment 2704
Take care of yourself @Liamypoo we are all going to miss you. Come back and visit sometime. There is always a place for you here.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
What a tiring day. Moving all our stuff from the storage containers into Mum's new house. We did hire removalists for pretty much everything. They even put the big stuff in the house and in the right rooms. Had to do 2 trips with a break in between.
Even though they cost a couple hundred $ they were very good and even helped getting Mum's MX-5 started by jump starting off their truck and moving it in and out of the 2nd container. As well as locking up the containers. I think they were Indian.
The name of their company is Two Men & a Truck. They know what they're doing and do it well 😊

I found a couple of my boxes with my cards in them (binders with cards), so that's good. I'll reactivate my website and try and sell them again. People usually want everything for nothing, though. That's the hard part of selling. Then Americans try and dictate what postage should be despite my not being in their country. There are some arseholes in the trading card business which is one reason I don't collect anymore. Sketch card collectors are some of the rudest, obnoxious jerks I've ever come across. They want everything for nothing then flip it for ridiculous prices. I have one card that's sought after but no one wants to pay its price. I get a rude message about once a month from one particular person asking the same thing, only one word messages. Good thing they use the same eBay username as I've definitely blocked them there. Not that I'd list there again, anyway. Too expensive and hostile there. Cheaper on my website. Plus I can block the jerks as it's my own domain.

Selling the lot in one hit would be great but no one buys like that anymore.

BobCrees

Alamo Family
What a tiring day. Moving all our stuff from the storage containers into Mum's new house. We did hire removalists for pretty much everything. They even put the big stuff in the house and in the right rooms. Had to do 2 trips with a break in between.
Even though they cost a couple hundred $ they were very good and even helped getting Mum's MX-5 started by jump starting off their truck and moving it in and out of the 2nd container. As well as locking up the containers. I think they were Indian.
The name of their company is Two Men & a Truck. They know what they're doing and do it well 😊

I found a couple of my boxes with my cards in them (binders with cards), so that's good. I'll reactivate my website and try and sell them again. People usually want everything for nothing, though. That's the hard part of selling. Then Americans try and dictate what postage should be despite my not being in their country. There are some arseholes in the trading card business which is one reason I don't collect anymore. Sketch card collectors are some of the rudest, obnoxious jerks I've ever come across. They want everything for nothing then flip it for ridiculous prices. I have one card that's sought after but no one wants to pay its price. I get a rude message about once a month from one particular person asking the same thing, only one word messages. Good thing they use the same eBay username as I've definitely blocked them there. Not that I'd list there again, anyway. Too expensive and hostile there. Cheaper on my website. Plus I can block the jerks as it's my own domain.

Selling the lot in one hit would be great but no one buys like that anymore.
Could you not try an Auction House?

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
A lot of junk goes through those here and, unless it's something unique and rare then you'd be lucky to get $5 for the lot. My Dad goes to them most Fridays.
It's not really the type of place for what I have.

Last year I put some up on Gumtree (online classifieds) and sold one set - card set and binder, a Marvel series - which was good. If only that happened more often.