What's Happening in Your World?

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
@Fabian907: Oops, thought you were back home already. Anyway, cool toad. A lot better than some things you might find.
Lmao, I thought it was a wet paper towel on the sink bowl and I looked back as I was doing my thing on the toilet and on my phone. I didn’t see it and thought it was nothing.(didn’t have my glasses on and I woke up) I wash my hands and look at the mirror and I see that toad on the bottom right of then mirror. I laughed and played around with it.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
cricket world cup
england vs new zealand in the final

drew the game, then had a super over to decide which was also drawn and then the winner was decided on who scored the most boundries (should always be most wickets first) during the match
england won

was very very very close, an unfortunate 4 overthrows when a throw for a run out hit the runners bat as he was diving defecting for 4 overthrows, giving 6 runs (which should of only been 5) and a caught on boundry but stood on rope so was a 6 instead
could of gone either way at any point of the match

fantastic game, we were very unlucky but england have a great team

you might need to look up cricketing terms lol, plus everyone should no the importance of a good forward defensive shot........... meeerp

XzerothreeX

Alamo Rookie
I'm glad to have known everyone here. There was lots of fun to be had and many good discussions over the years. However, now it is time to move on for me. To every one that counted me as friend thank you and goodbye.
What?! Hamz?!!! No! Don't leave me here! These uncultured savages need you, old friend. As the most uncultured savage present, I need you. I know you are having a tough go of it lately, but we are here for you. Please reconsider. Pretty please?

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
I'm glad to have known everyone here. There was lots of fun to be had and many good discussions over the years. However, now it is time to move on for me. To every one that counted me as friend thank you and goodbye.
At least you told us your going and didnt leave us wondering like some others have done before.

The Alamo will stand strong and keep the light on for you incase you should ever want to come home to us.
You will always be a part of the Alamo Family.

QuarantineRoad

Rescued Ally
@Righteous Ham: I know you have to do what's best for you, but I'm also sad to see you go.

I may not be good at putting myself out there, but I do consider you a friend. You're one of the coolest, most thoughtful guys I've ever known. From words to images to videos to music, I've enjoyed everything you've posted and recommended. Since I first joined this community, you've been welcoming, and given me a lot of encouragement and good memories. My life's better for knowing you.

Whatever you decide to do, just remember we're always here for you. I wish you nothing but good luck, fair winds, and blue skies, ahead.

Last edited:

Virgel

Rescued Ally
I'm sad to see you go, but I wish you the very best on wherever you end up.

Ad astra, my friend. Perhaps we'll have the opportunity to meet again one day.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Enrolled into an online course yesterday through Open Colleges. Just had a webinar an hour ago, an online orientation of the site we're using. First time I've done that. Here I was stressing about not being able to get the microphone on my headset to work and I didn't even need it, thankfully. It was basically 'listen and type questions.'
The guy even pronounced my name right each time. That's rare for people under the age of 80, lol.

The course is expensive, but not as horrendous as a Uni degree. A fraction of the price. But, with all the support and resources we have access to - real people, documents, sites, organisations, etc - IMO it's worth it.
Last time I did an online course was through TAFE and it sucked. No one was ever online (on this one small messageboard) to help. I wasn't paying for it back then, at least.
This one goes for maximum 2 years but it's all self-paced and there's no deadlines, although the whole thing needs to be completed within the 2 years.

I was going to do it last year but we were moving house and it wasn't really a good time. Now, though, it's a bit better. I'm still not working but doing this gets me out of mandatory slave labor that comes around every year or two. F*** that BS, I'll get out of that any way I can :)