What's Happening in Your World?

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
@Dantron I remember on the old forums that you said you would open up about who you were, and I’m not pushing you towards what I said but I think I remember you saying something along the lines
Dantron has been very honest with us. He's a few apples tall, he loves pie, and closely resembles a beloved cartoon character.

Ever since his Mood stabalizer(emotional matrix) was damaged... (around the time Nicole and Sanya both changed jobs and left)

He fixed it, and then broke it and it has been broken a full year now.

Wished to find a way to put it back together again. But can never seem too. Never seem to be able to steal Dantron's time traveling ability to go back to that moment and stop the breakage from happening... maybe one day will and just jump back in time snatch the Emotional Matrix and. Jump forward in time and return it to him now at a later stage.

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Well.

Last week was awesome. Had my honeymoon, (3 years late. And 1 full year after I found exactly where I wanted to take my wife on out Honeymoon... sadly had to be short. 2 days is what we had so made the best of it. Only a frigging time budget.)

Drove and arrived. Dinner and romatic time. Day 2: Breakfast like in Buffet goodies from heaven. Flapjacks, Maple syrup, fresh honey, french toast, freah fruit and bottomless freshground coffee...

Then up the mountain to the caslte (yes a frigging medievil castle in China... who'd thunk)

Good lunch and spent the time chatting to another South African (my friend who's the manager there) then a swim. Was 17 degrees celcius outside... 25 in the water... swim done. Afternoon tea... and then a massage... fresh dressed for romantic dinner.

Day3. Horse back riding in the morning after breakfast. Then drive home.
This is also the last day of happy time.

Enter Saturday and morning went fine, afternoon was okay. Up till the point where my wife wants to go through my messages on my phone.

Now I have the same password as she does, but she just grabs my phone and starts going through my phone. Accuses me of not having any trust (when she is the one that grabbed my phone to go through my messages...)

Do I have any secrets from her? Yes. I would be a fool not to have any. Are they any secrets that could hurt her, or our daughter or our marriage? No. I would die for them and that will never change.

My secrets revolve around one thing and one thing only. My trip to South Africa which moved from October, then to September and now thanks to wife's meddeling, skipped August entirely and I leave on the 27th July.

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Well.

Last week was awesome. Had my honeymoon, (3 years late. And 1 full year after I found exactly where I wanted to take my wife on out Honeymoon... sadly had to be short. 2 days is what we had so made the best of it. Only a frigging time budget.)

Drove and arrived. Dinner and romatic time. Day 2: Breakfast like in Buffet goodies from heaven. Flapjacks, Maple syrup, fresh honey, french toast, freah fruit and bottomless freshground coffee...

Then up the mountain to the caslte (yes a frigging medievil castle in China... who'd thunk)

Good lunch and spent the time chatting to another South African (my friend who's the manager there) then a swim. Was 17 degrees celcius outside... 25 in the water... swim done. Afternoon tea... and then a massage... fresh dressed for romantic dinner.

Day3. Horse back riding in the morning after breakfast. Then drive home.
This is also the last day of happy time.

Enter Saturday and morning went fine, afternoon was okay. Up till the point where my wife wants to go through my messages on my phone.

Now I have the same password as she does, but she just grabs my phone and starts going through my phone. Accuses me of not having any trust (when she is the one that grabbed my phone to go through my messages...)

Do I have any secrets from her? Yes. I would be a fool not to have any. Are they any secrets that could hurt her, or our daughter or our marriage? No. I would die for them and that will never change.

My secrets revolve around one thing and one thing only. My trip to South Africa which moved from October, then to September and now thanks to wife's meddeling, skipped August entirely and I leave on the 27th July.
And when I thought things could not get any more screwy. The power goes out on the 19th. While I am not home and wife who is so technologically impaired... plus is angry at me so really won't give a hoot. Does not pull out the plug for the computer to avoid a possible surge... even with the surge protectors plural. (Did I mention she hates games and is the furtherest thing possible to a gamer chick... anti-gamer chick... she would pour water on a xbox to win an argument type of anti-gamer chick.) so then I have to explain why the computer got fried in the surge... "i don't understand any of this" the computer repair guy has to tell her and still he struggles even though everything is in Chinese ... she is clueless... technology is her Green Krytonite... she can survive around it... but it breaks or she has to explain it... she shrivels up and dies out. Or... becomes so argumentative... (in top of the continuing fight from last Saturday and her going on about how the trust is gone...)

I just slept on the sofa this past week. Don't have the emotional strength to deal with her and my 3rd computer dying... 2nd during Windows 10 or State of Decay 2...

And still to spend hours organizing my SA trip so that everything is perfect and squared away. Speaking to everyone so that. Moment I arrive, I speak to investors and partners so I can get my University funded and can start construction on it asap.

Have a 5km2 area already put into a trust for this, already have all permits and everything for construction to start. But spent all money on the corrupt assholes in charge to get the papers done. And now... SA politics is trying to screw me out of my own University that is not even official yet or even built yet. Cause I am white...

So dealing with all this... and try to maintain a relationship with my wife where I don't bark and snap at her for breaking my trust in her. And having no outlet to destress.

The weight training and running again. Are doing nothing to help. No winamp, no SoD 2. Literally just a gaping hole where my tower once stood...

And my wife... sitting at the dining table giving me the stink eye or just busy with her phone.

Glad my daughter is away at grandma and grandpa's. This toxic atmosphere would take her smile away.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
And when I thought things could not get any more screwy. The power goes out on the 19th. While I am not home and wife who is so technologically impaired... plus is angry at me so really won't give a hoot. Does not pull out the plug for the computer to avoid a possible surge... even with the surge protectors plural. (Did I mention she hates games and is the furtherest thing possible to a gamer chick... anti-gamer chick... she would pour water on a xbox to win an argument type of anti-gamer chick.) so then I have to explain why the computer got fried in the surge... "i don't understand any of this" the computer repair guy has to tell her and still he struggles even though everything is in Chinese ... she is clueless... technology is her Green Krytonite... she can survive around it... but it breaks or she has to explain it... she shrivels up and dies out. Or... becomes so argumentative... (in top of the continuing fight from last Saturday and her going on about how the trust is gone...)

I just slept on the sofa this past week. Don't have the emotional strength to deal with her and my 3rd computer dying... 2nd during Windows 10 or State of Decay 2...

And still to spend hours organizing my SA trip so that everything is perfect and squared away. Speaking to everyone so that. Moment I arrive, I speak to investors and partners so I can get my University funded and can start construction on it asap.

Have a 5km2 area already put into a trust for this, already have all permits and everything for construction to start. But spent all money on the corrupt assholes in charge to get the papers done. And now... SA politics is trying to screw me out of my own University that is not even official yet or even built yet. Cause I am white...

So dealing with all this... and try to maintain a relationship with my wife where I don't bark and snap at her for breaking my trust in her. And having no outlet to destress.

The weight training and running again. Are doing nothing to help. No winamp, no SoD 2. Literally just a gaping hole where my tower once stood...

And my wife... sitting at the dining table giving me the stink eye or just busy with her phone.

Glad my daughter is away at grandma and grandpa's. This toxic atmosphere would take her smile away.
Wow, that sucks. Your wife sounds like my mom, completely clueless when it comes to anything tech related and does stuff like push all the buttons on the remote when she can't get the TV to do what she wants. Always ends up with her yelling for me, or my dad now that I live on my own, and us having to figure out what exactly she pushed because she has no idea since she just pushed everything. We ask why she didn't just call us to begin with and she's like "I didn't want to bother you". Well this bothers us even more since before we could just take a few seconds to fix whatever was wrong (usually she hit mute by mistake or accidentally turned picture in picture on) but now it takes 1/2 hour because we have to figure out what else she hit while she was blindly flailing.

Her computer is always loaded with adware/spyware/viruses/trojans/keyloggers (she's had to get a new credit card twice after it was compromised because of that shit) and any other form of malware you can think of because she likes to install toolbars and "browser helpers", and those often come with unwanted crap. The fucked up part is she has lifelock and they completely missed it both times, it was her bank that took care of it.

If there's one thing about my life I'm tankful for it's that I stayed single.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
So, today is my grad party and I was helping to organize my party. (Before we left to set up, my mom told me I would need a haircut, cool with me). As we were nearing the end of organizing. She asked me if I had made an appointment (Checked in). I said no because I was busy helping to set up. She got passively mad which pissed me off cause we had about 4 and a half hours till the party starts, cool some time but not a lot.

I checked in around 12:30, it said it would be good around 2:20. We went shopping and we left at around 2:23 got there at 2:27.

Lady behind the counter asked if I checked in, I said yes and said my name. We both looked through the digital list and I could not find my name, this wasn't something I would throw a fit around. BUT THE SPICKS ALWAYS GOT SOMETHING TO GET ANGRY ABOUT. My mom looked at me like it was my fault, shook her head. I was not pissed at the lady cause it wasn't her fault, I was pissed cause I had to explain some fuckin' bullshit that was out of my reach.
(Lady said the list must have grown too long that it must have deleted my name)
Some BS excuse I had to explain to my mom too. (Great Clips, not bad but not great too.)
I'll update as I get further along through my day...

Update 1: We are already at 3:33 and I’m now waiting to get my cut. I told my mom that even though I got here on time, I gotta wait for others which she doesn’t take lightly cause I gotta wait. My mom left me to get my cut and so that leaves me to do the rest which was to get my haircut and go home and get dressed. This still some bullshit cause I am always patient but like I said about the Mexicans bro, they get easily heated. I’m generously nice towards others but easily aggravated when playing games or annoyed with corporate decisions that impact many. I swear if some little mistake makes my mom even more angry, I will just curse her out cause I had always took her bullshit for so many little things.

Last edited:

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
So, today is my grad party and I was helping to organize my party. (Before we left to set up, my mom told me I would need a haircut, cool with me). As we were nearing the end of organizing. She asked me if I had made an appointment (Checked in). I said no because I was busy helping to set up. She got passively mad which pissed me off cause we had about 4 and a half hours till the party starts, cool some time but not a lot.

I checked in around 12:30, it said it would be good around 2:20. We went shopping and we left at around 2:23 got there at 2:27.

Lady behind the counter asked if I checked in, I said yes and said my name. We both looked through the digital list and I could not find my name, this wasn't something I would throw a fit around. BUT THE SPICKS ALWAYS GOT SOMETHING TO GET ANGRY ABOUT. My mom looked at me like it was my fault, shook her head. I was not pissed at the lady cause it wasn't her fault, I was pissed cause I had to explain some fuckin' bullshit that was out of my reach.
(Lady said the list must have grown too long that it must have deleted my name)
Some BS excuse I had to explain to my mom too. (Great Clips, not bad but not great too.)
I'll update as I get further along through my day...

Update 1: We are already at 3:33 and I’m now waiting to get my cut. I told my mom that even though I got here on time, I gotta wait for others which she doesn’t take lightly cause I gotta wait. My mom left me to get my cut and so that leaves me to do the rest which was to get my haircut and go home and get dressed. This still some bullshit cause I am always patient but like I said about the Mexicans bro, they get easily heated. I’m generously nice towards others but easily aggravated when playing games or annoyed with corporate decisions that impact many. I swear if some little mistake makes my mom even more angry, I will just curse her out cause I had always took her bullshit for so many little things.
I like going to Sport Clips because they only cut mens hair and usually it isnt very crowded.
Just walk-in with no appointment, I've never waited longer than 30 minutes to be seen.
I used to get taken to SuperCuts when I was a minor, but if you just showed up there, you might wait an hour or more.

Rock33B

Rescued Ally
I taught myself to cut hair in the Army in 2002 when AAFES raised its price to 14 bucks. I wasnt gonna pay 14 bucks a week for a buzz cut with a fade. I practiced on drunks staggering in to the barracks Saturday night. Charged them a beer a cut. If I messed up I buzzed it all off to hide the evidence. After a few weeks I got pretty good and taught myself to cut and fade my own hair. A few months later I was the company barber. Never paid a cent for beer or hair cuts. Fast forward to today many years later and I still cut my own hair and now can do women's hair too. I cut and style my wife's and all six of our children's hair.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I have my own personal stylist....no I'm not a rich bitch, lol. It's just my Mum. When she was younger she was a hairdresser.

It's Winter here. My car was frozen over this morning. Needed 2 jugs of water and I also got wet in the process. My car told me it was -1C.
Tonight I'll put an old sheet over the windows and where the battery is. Then I just have to peel it off rather than waste time with water and getting wet again :)

I've also got a bit of a headcold. More sinusy than anything. My Mum.gave it to me when she got back from Sydney last week. Gee, thanks. Not.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Remember how I said I was coughing persistently for the past few months? Well it turned out that I had double pneumonia in both lungs, abscesses of staph in the lining of both lungs and plural effusions (not sure what this one is). I went into the ER on May 27th due to chest pains that felt like a heart attack and finally got out of the hospital on Monday.

Series of IV antibiotics from that Monday to Sunday, when my blood pressure dropped so hard that I passed out while standing up, then went to the ICU, then surgery on my left side on the following Wednesday. Then back to a regular room by Friday afternoon, an additional week because a change in IV medication damaged my kidneys though no one will confirm that because y'know, I could sue for their bad decision... so that led to days of sitting around and walking the hospital floors waiting on blood work to show my kidneys were cooperating again.

All of that aside, I am mostly back in working condition. I go back to work again tomorrow so we'll see how well that goes. It's been a wild ride these past...4 weeks and I still have to do daily IV injections through July 17th. 🤢

I hope all is well with everyone else, slowly catching up with the forums again.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Remember how I said I was coughing persistently for the past few months? Well it turned out that I had double pneumonia in both lungs, abscesses of staph in the lining of both lungs and plural effusions (not sure what this one is). I went into the ER on May 27th due to chest pains that felt like a heart attack and finally got out of the hospital on Monday.

Series of IV antibiotics from that Monday to Sunday, when my blood pressure dropped so hard that I passed out while standing up, then went to the ICU, then surgery on my left side on the following Wednesday. Then back to a regular room by Friday afternoon, an additional week because a change in IV medication damaged my kidneys though no one will confirm that because y'know, I could sue for their bad decision... so that led to days of sitting around and walking the hospital floors waiting on blood work to show my kidneys were cooperating again.

All of that aside, I am mostly back in working condition. I go back to work again tomorrow so we'll see how well that goes. It's been a wild ride these past...4 weeks and I still have to do daily IV injections through July 17th. 🤢

I hope all is well with everyone else, slowly catching up with the forums again.
Well, it's good that you are out. Make sure you stick to the schedule for the antibiotics so it doesn't come back.

Pleural effusion is liquid buildup around the outside of the lung. The membrane that covers them is the pleural membrane. So the space in between collects fluid, not uncommon at all with pneumonia.

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
I have my own personal stylist....no I'm not a rich bitch, lol. It's just my Mum. When she was younger she was a hairdresser.

It's Winter here. My car was frozen over this morning. Needed 2 jugs of water and I also got wet in the process. My car told me it was -1C.
Tonight I'll put an old sheet over the windows and where the battery is. Then I just have to peel it off rather than waste time with water and getting wet again :)

I've also got a bit of a headcold. More sinusy than anything. My Mum.gave it to me when she got back from Sydney last week. Gee, thanks. Not.
Sinus. I can advise Wasabi. A table spoon of it and slosh around in your mouth. Breathing through your nose. Will burn your nose silly. And you will cry. But your sinuses will clear up instantly.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter

You just can't catch a break can you? At least you've bounced back yet again, so there's that.