What's Happening in Your World?

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Today I found out that one of the milder side effects of Ibuprofen applies to me. I wasn't at home and needed a Panadol but where I was only had Ibuprofen. Last time I had Nurofen was over 10 years ago and only a small pill. Today was a large caplet. As soon as it went in my mouth my tongue went numb :(
That's the last time I'm taking those.
For my types of headaches I usually take half a 30mg panadeine tablet. But, my Dr is totally against prescribing them to anyone ever, anymore due to a small perrcent of the population (not me) getting addicted and causing the nationwide lockdown of them.
It's always the few who ruin it for everyone.
If I need to I'll go to a different Dr. My Dad's.
In the meantime I have to use Panadol, which are as effective as a packet of Tic Tacs :(
I suffer from severe migraines that can last up to 5 days. Unless I take pills for them. (Went to every single neuro surgeon to get tests done when I was a kid, no serious issues just headaches from when the doctors removed a piece of my brain froman accident when I was 5. Fell over a fence, landed on a sidewalk and popped my melon.) the pills I take are caffeine loaded. And use a caffiene delivery. I can take 1. No effect. 2 no effect. Need 3 or 4 and my migraine is gone.

Chinese name SanLiTong.

Paracetamol 250mg Propyphenazone 150mg and Caffeine 50mg

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
We've got Panadol Extra which is 500mg paracetamol and 50mg Caffeine.
I'm a coffee drinker anyway, several a day, so the one time I took that Panadol Extra it made me feel yuck, lol.
I rarely get migraines. When I did I'd take Panadeine Rapid Soluble on the start of an aura. Nerfed the following headache immediately. But, being codeine (only 8mg) they're discontinued now.
My Dr prescribed me Rizatriptan, or Migraine Wafers. I've yet to try them. I have several script repeats as there's only 2 per pack. Wish I knew a Pharmacist who could switch them for Prodeine. Anything with codeine knocks out any type of headache/migraine within minutes, for me.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
So, had this crop up the other day in conversation with the nice, crazy-lady Russian cardiologist:

Cardiologist: Do you ever have feelings of hopelessness and despair?

Me: Well, I'm Irish, German and Russian . . . hopelessness and despair kind of go with the territory.

Cardiologist: You're a funny man.

Me: Do you mean 'funny' as in "Ha ha," or 'funny' as in "Oh, God, hide the children and small pets!"?

Cardiologist: *blink* I Like you. I think I'll keep you alive.

I don't know if I should be relieved . . . or very, very frightened.

So, had this crop up the other day in conversation with the nice, crazy-lady Russian cardiologist:

Cardiologist: Do you ever have feelings of hopelessness and despair?

Me: Well, I'm Irish, German and Russian . . . hopelessness and despair kind of go with the territory.

Cardiologist: You're a funny man.

Me: Do you mean 'funny' as in "Ha ha," or 'funny' as in "Oh, God, hide the children and small pets!"?

Cardiologist: *blink* I Like you. I think I'll keep you alive.

I don't know if I should be relieved . . . or very, very frightened.
A crazy Russian saying they want to keep you alive is probably a recipe for a fate worse than death. We're talking "keep you locked in a cage in a basement dungeon away from all the horrors of the world so nothing can harm you" territory.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
So, all we have on tv is stuff about the Royals visiting. One part, about an hour ago, they were at some memorial and playing The Last Post. At anytime that is eerie, haunting and sad. My dog thought so, too and started kinda howling 🙂 I've never heard him make that noise before.
Maybe he was in one of the wars in a past life, or maybe he just understood what it meant. 🙂
It was strange the way he reacted, anyway.

South Africans getting detained now in droves... spent 3 hours on the phone with a concerned mom (phoned about her son and others getting detained)

This wreckless stupidity is the only proof I have to show for the insanity happening in South Africa.

They also changed the gun laws yet again. Further reducing the guns in people's hands for defensive means. (Borderline genocide happening) we have a petition that will go to the white house and at last numbers we had 6 days down and 28,500 votes.

Facebook is blocking the sharing of this link and it just that the whole world is turning a blind eye to our struggle.

We are the future Syria or other country that is posed for a decade long war. And no one seems interested in actually helping us. ESPECIALLY when the leader goes in front of the UN and lies that nothing of what we say is happing is actually happening.

Too many people are so desperate to leave they risk everything and then still get caught and imprisoned. The new slave race of the world. White South Africans.