What's Happening in Your World?

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Today I found out that one of the milder side effects of Ibuprofen applies to me. I wasn't at home and needed a Panadol but where I was only had Ibuprofen. Last time I had Nurofen was over 10 years ago and only a small pill. Today was a large caplet. As soon as it went in my mouth my tongue went numb :(
That's the last time I'm taking those.
For my types of headaches I usually take half a 30mg panadeine tablet. But, my Dr is totally against prescribing them to anyone ever, anymore due to a small perrcent of the population (not me) getting addicted and causing the nationwide lockdown of them.
It's always the few who ruin it for everyone.
If I need to I'll go to a different Dr. My Dad's.
In the meantime I have to use Panadol, which are as effective as a packet of Tic Tacs :(
I suffer from severe migraines that can last up to 5 days. Unless I take pills for them. (Went to every single neuro surgeon to get tests done when I was a kid, no serious issues just headaches from when the doctors removed a piece of my brain froman accident when I was 5. Fell over a fence, landed on a sidewalk and popped my melon.) the pills I take are caffeine loaded. And use a caffiene delivery. I can take 1. No effect. 2 no effect. Need 3 or 4 and my migraine is gone.

Chinese name SanLiTong.

Paracetamol 250mg Propyphenazone 150mg and Caffeine 50mg

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
We've got Panadol Extra which is 500mg paracetamol and 50mg Caffeine.
I'm a coffee drinker anyway, several a day, so the one time I took that Panadol Extra it made me feel yuck, lol.
I rarely get migraines. When I did I'd take Panadeine Rapid Soluble on the start of an aura. Nerfed the following headache immediately. But, being codeine (only 8mg) they're discontinued now.
My Dr prescribed me Rizatriptan, or Migraine Wafers. I've yet to try them. I have several script repeats as there's only 2 per pack. Wish I knew a Pharmacist who could switch them for Prodeine. Anything with codeine knocks out any type of headache/migraine within minutes, for me.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
So, had this crop up the other day in conversation with the nice, crazy-lady Russian cardiologist:

Cardiologist: Do you ever have feelings of hopelessness and despair?

Me: Well, I'm Irish, German and Russian . . . hopelessness and despair kind of go with the territory.

Cardiologist: You're a funny man.

Me: Do you mean 'funny' as in "Ha ha," or 'funny' as in "Oh, God, hide the children and small pets!"?

Cardiologist: *blink* I Like you. I think I'll keep you alive.

I don't know if I should be relieved . . . or very, very frightened.

So, had this crop up the other day in conversation with the nice, crazy-lady Russian cardiologist:

Cardiologist: Do you ever have feelings of hopelessness and despair?

Me: Well, I'm Irish, German and Russian . . . hopelessness and despair kind of go with the territory.

Cardiologist: You're a funny man.

Me: Do you mean 'funny' as in "Ha ha," or 'funny' as in "Oh, God, hide the children and small pets!"?

Cardiologist: *blink* I Like you. I think I'll keep you alive.

I don't know if I should be relieved . . . or very, very frightened.
A crazy Russian saying they want to keep you alive is probably a recipe for a fate worse than death. We're talking "keep you locked in a cage in a basement dungeon away from all the horrors of the world so nothing can harm you" territory.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
So, all we have on tv is stuff about the Royals visiting. One part, about an hour ago, they were at some memorial and playing The Last Post. At anytime that is eerie, haunting and sad. My dog thought so, too and started kinda howling 🙂 I've never heard him make that noise before.
Maybe he was in one of the wars in a past life, or maybe he just understood what it meant. 🙂
It was strange the way he reacted, anyway.

South Africans getting detained now in droves... spent 3 hours on the phone with a concerned mom (phoned about her son and others getting detained)

This wreckless stupidity is the only proof I have to show for the insanity happening in South Africa.

They also changed the gun laws yet again. Further reducing the guns in people's hands for defensive means. (Borderline genocide happening) we have a petition that will go to the white house and at last numbers we had 6 days down and 28,500 votes.

Facebook is blocking the sharing of this link and it just that the whole world is turning a blind eye to our struggle.

We are the future Syria or other country that is posed for a decade long war. And no one seems interested in actually helping us. ESPECIALLY when the leader goes in front of the UN and lies that nothing of what we say is happing is actually happening.

Too many people are so desperate to leave they risk everything and then still get caught and imprisoned. The new slave race of the world. White South Africans.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
My Dad put the house up for sale on a local site and, after a few days, we got 2 lots in to look at it. One we didn't hear back from but the second one (who only looked at it yesterday) made a lowball offer, which was refused. A few hours later they rang back with a better one and both parents accepted.
So, looks like we're moving :( Sad.
I guess I'm a sentimentalist and don't want to see our house occupied by strangers. My parents bought this block (about 3 acres), built a house they liked, eventually got tired of the grass that doesn't stop growing, Dad wants to retire but where he wants to go Mum won't. There's no shopping centres where Dad wants to live.
Mum has short term options. If I had my own place there'd be no problem. Nothing to worry about.

So much to worry about. Doubt we'll be here for Xmas, unfortunately. Seems like it's happening so fast and it's only been a few hours 😣

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
My Dad put the house up for sale on a local site and, after a few days, we got 2 lots in to look at it. One we didn't hear back from but the second one (who only looked at it yesterday) made a lowball offer, which was refused. A few hours later they rang back with a better one and both parents accepted.
So, looks like we're moving :( Sad.
I guess I'm a sentimentalist and don't want to see our house occupied by strangers. My parents bought this block (about 3 acres), built a house they liked, eventually got tired of the grass that doesn't stop growing, Dad wants to retire but where he wants to go Mum won't. There's no shopping centres where Dad wants to live.
Mum has short term options. If I had my own place there'd be no problem. Nothing to worry about.

So much to worry about. Doubt we'll be here for Xmas, unfortunately. Seems like it's happening so fast and it's only been a few hours 😣
I can relate, you get attached to something for so long and when it's time to depart from it you just dont want it to happen.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
Got offered to come back to my previous accounting job, waiting to see if I get a firm offer of return. I also got an initial callback from Broadpath (work at home position).

I also found this site: https://www.acx.com/ and it immediately reminded me of @Christmas. Weren't you looking at doing audio work?
Oh THIS is cool. Might help me get some extra cash that I've been trying to save up.

To answer your question and the thread;

I currently run live sound at this weird restaurant/brewery/concert hall on the weekends, it's a nice gig but management isn't fantastic. Or great. They have no concept of music or sound and it only makes my job harder, as well as most of the equipment being barebones, broken, or way more expensive than it should be. Every day at my job is a challenge, but it's still a nice 10 an hour.

But I came in last weekend and they FINALLY hired a team of sound techs, and then told us that they booked a last minute concert. Some rapper or whatever, nobody too big. We said cool, let the usual bands finish and then the rapper's group started to show up.

They failed to mention that the artist was Sheck Wes, who just got signed to Travis Scott & Kanye West's labels. He's been blowing up all summer.

So I'm dealing with the openers, his manager, my boss, the frat guys who organized the event, and my sound tech leaving because they weren't getting paid apparently (first day of training is a whole food instead of payment deal), so it's myself versus all of them and 300 college kids trying to see Sheck Wes.

I do my job, everyone is stressing my out, but I got my buddy Paul with me because he's a musician, likes the music, and usually has my back.

My boss tells me it's too loud. The rapper's manager tells me it's not loud enough. We're under city ordinance but have been WELL over the decibel level all night. I tell both parties, and nobody cares, I should just "fix it", otherwise there's no show.

Cops show up, and leave? (Have no idea why we weren't shut down)

I crank everything to the max, because the manager threatened to leave if it wasn't loud enough.

Everything is going great until a frat guy is trying to get on stage and I stop him. He argues with me, LUNGES at me, then Paul gets him and kicks him out.

Now a couple of guys are feeling ballsy and try starting fist fights so Paul and I have to stop them, on top of people's general drunkness.

Then I get on stage to check the equipment, and I start kicking the frat boy groupies off stage because there's no need for it, then one of them calls me the n word. Hard "R" and everything. I get in his face about it and Paul is trying to calm me down, not knowing what happened. He says his boy (a black guy) lets him say it, so I get in his face too saying what's the matter with him and he should be better etc.

Rest of the concert runs smoothly, until everyone leaves and I have to clean up the mess.

I got off at about 2:30am, then a friend needs a ride home.

I still had an hour drive home since I was visiting family for the weekend, so I didn't get home til 4:30 am.

I told my boss everything that happened and he said "Sorry, that happens".

That's what I do for a living at the moment. I love it. I hate it.

To top off my life recently.

Que the laughing or sad ass music.

For the last 5 or so years I have been trying to see who my ex-sister im law was on my we chat (messenger type thing like facebook messenger/ whatsapp etc) so I could delete her and block her so that my crazy abusive ex-wife would stop using her to spy on me.

I have a facial recognition ability to see a face and place when, where, who etc, but not once have I seen her face or my ex-wife's in the daily moments. In 5 years...

Fast forward to literally Sunday night. I am going through my moments to see which friends were having early halloween parties.

And Low and behold! My older sister's face is there... now not seen or spoken to my older sister in a decade. (She was two-faced about her trip to China in 2008. Told me "wow, great, wonderful place". Returned to South Africa and only had racist, horrible things to say about China, me and my then wife.

Now this is where it goes into the stage of my family are a bunch of assholes that know no bounds to the limit of douchbaggery.

My older sister has been in contact with my ex-wife for who ever knows how long and had organized a trip to China, to see her and my daughter. All the while not once trying to get in contact with me through my ex-wife. So basically it re-affirms my view on them. The moment they cut me off, disinherited me and disowned me when I came to China. They were dead to me.

But, now having spent 30 days in China and not once even bothering to call especially after what happened to our biological mother. That is just fucking cold. There is no level to describe them anymore. If the house was on fire, they would probably be the ones that started the fire.

—————

On another news. I was in the process of selling a game account for Ark of War... for $250 (USD) and everything was going fine... then while giving over management to my broker... the shield expires leaving the account vulnerable... it got hit. Losing all troops and lootables... and the sale falls flat... and the broker was a friend. So I chalk it up to a bit of bad tough luck. But now this is the third gaming account I have lost money on.

Clash of Kings... $2000 account blocked by Facebook cause of constantly changing location from using a VPN from China to bind to facebook to move the account to rebind it later.

Haypi Kingdom (something similar to Moonrise) $500 account.

So losing out on $250 was just going to spend that money on getting hardware for my computer.

—————

Wife says "Speak to the computer guy, tell me how much and you can get yourself a new laptop, the laptop you are using is still the same one that was destroyed from Windows 10. You can get a new one, get him to get it and then I will just pay him"

So...

That saying on life closes a door, another one opens... well bugger me... what the heck is going on???

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
OT:
@LiNanMian1984 - Haypi Kingdom, I used to play that on my old iphone 😁 When I got my Samsung S3 the game wouldn't work so I had to quit. I wonder if they now support android. Not that I remember my username or password. I do remember the alliance I was in, though.
I wonder if the game got better. Once they introduced the (I forget the name) alliance map battle thing it got impossible to hold even a low level mine. Mine? I think they were mines. Hold them for a certain amount of time to get bonuses from them.
That was years ago I played. I barely remember it 😁
By now I reckon all my cities would've been taken over. Oh well.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
The potential buyers came around again tonight to show their kids. The youngest ones were more interested (early teens). Then they saw my room with my gaming rig set up in an alcove (I've an L-shaped room) and they were most interested in that idea as they're into gaming as well.
Solicitor is doing the contract. These buyers are so laidback and not in a hurry so we're doing the 90 day thing. Looks like we'll be here for Xmas. Our last in this house 😣
Possibly even my last birthday here, too. That's early January.

Mum has several ideas on afterwards. Some options, some include renting, but as a last resort. It's so expensive here, worse than Melbourne and Sydney.
In the meantime I'll continue looking for that elusive job (another hard to find thing here) and try for Lotto's each fortnight. You never know 😊

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Woke up to a horrid headache. Almost like a migraine but without the aura and sensitivity to light and heat. I had too much sugar last night while watching Netflix. Ugh.
So, self-inflicted 😑
I had 2 9mg codeines left. Took 1 and within 10 minutes it's mostly gone.
If I'd taken plain Panadol I'd have needed probably 4 and been waiting a good hour.
I've a dentist checkup this month, he'll point out my tooth again that I'll either need pulled or a root canal. Hopefully he'll also again ask if I have enough painkillers, of which I don't. As Doctors are too scared prescribe anything stronger than Panadol the dentist should.