What's Happening in Your World?

Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, @Christmas :)

Gosh, I recall being young and having so much energy. Nowadays, it can be a struggle to do basic stuff like dishes, laundry and trash. Hey, if you every upload any of your stuff to YouTube link it here as well. I'd be interested in seeing what you youngsters consider funny these days.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, @Christmas :)

Gosh, I recall being young and having so much energy. Nowadays, it can be a struggle to do basic stuff like dishes, laundry and trash. Hey, if you every upload any of your stuff to YouTube link it here as well. I'd be interested in seeing what you youngsters consider funny these days.
That must be where I'm saving energy, I can't bring myself to do laundry or dishes unless it's 3am and I've exhausted all my other options.

And will do! I've got an open mic wednesday and I'll see if I can get someone to record.

Virgel

Rescued Ally
I wish you a speedy and full recovery @SwissArmyKnife. Stay safe out there.

As well, a hearty congratulations to you @Christmas on the start of your post-secondary education! It can be rough in first year, I remember that too well. The expectations vary depending on the professor, finding your place on campus can be a struggle (especially if you don't have friends in your program), let alone the pressure to do well academically.

You seem well on your way to figuring it out though. If slam poetry and stand-up comedy have a strong community on campus, plug into that. Even if you just share a single class with someone you barely know, that can mean the world in making it manageable. That way you can trade jokes (which seems to be in your line of work!), cover for each other in the event of missed classes/notes, and generally try to figure out the college experience with somebody who's on the same level.

In terms of a rah - I'm entering my final year of my Bachelor's degree! It has been a dream since I was a kid to go to university and the end of it is already in sight... I've been lucky in that I'm studying what I love (history). The path forward is unclear, but I'm beginning to consider what my options are for a career. Writing that terrifies me.

Simultaneously, it's been a rough two-and-a-half years financially, but it looks like I'll be able to graduate without going into the negative. At last there is some peace of mind.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
@LiNanMian1984 HAHAHA, THAS' A GOOD JOKE, SAY IT AGAIN!!! :D
Edit: (Fabian's a rude dumbass.)

Sitting in class, bored out of my mind, College math is hard as hell, I didn't think I would take it in my senior year of HS.

Last edited:

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Why would you think that was a joke?
Never mind, I feel guilty, I thought it was a joke as to the Africans partying and the wrong party part... Weed legalization... I'll just hide in complete guilt...
Edit: I apologize in advance, my humor is a bit dark, but that can be an excuse coming out of nothing.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I've got the same dark humor, I found it funny that someone was partying in a place that's not legal (as it happens constantly in the states)... but death penalty for it? Wow.

Arrest and deportation is to be expected though and is what I'd expect from any country who caught guests of the state breaking their laws that aren't violent felonies.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
I've got the same dark humor, I found it funny that someone was partying in a place that's not legal (as it happens constantly in the states)... but death penalty for it? Wow.

Arrest and deportation is to be expected though and is what I'd expect from any country who caught guests of the state breaking their laws that aren't violent felonies.
There are somewhere over 30+ countries in the world which impose the death penalty for various levels of drug crimes including many for simple possession.

There are some places with laws that seem to be extreme to Americans, but they have their own reasons. For example, in Singapore, the first-time penalty for the selling of gum can be as high as $100,000 or a prison sentence of up to two years. (As in, chewing gum)

@LiNanMian1984 HAHAHA, THAS' A GOOD JOKE, SAY IT AGAIN!!! :D
Edit: (Fabian's a rude dumbass.)

Sitting in class, bored out of my mind, College math is hard as hell, I didn't think I would take it in my senior year of HS.
Don't think he is joking.

Never mind, I feel guilty, I thought it was a joke as to the Africans partying and the wrong party part... Weed legalization... I'll just hide in complete guilt...
Edit: I apologize in advance, my humor is a bit dark, but that can be an excuse coming out of nothing.
You guys actually had me tearing up from laughing. Yes. But with what i had to deal with and now the aftermath of people in SA sparking up when ever and where ever... it is the group that are now saying "but I am South african. I should be able to do what ever i can do in SA, i should be able to do the same in China"...

Que the drumroll for greatest idiot awards.

Well isolated cases for sure. But they let kids P and P well almost everywhere. So guessing middle aisle is still "go" territory...
Not sure how to respond to that honestly. I recall one time a kid lost control of their bladder in my store and pretty much the entire family was mortified. The mother couldn't even look me in the eyes.

Not sure how to respond to that honestly. I recall one time a kid lost control of their bladder in my store and pretty much the entire family was mortified. The mother couldn't even look me in the eyes.
When adults do it in the street (women) then you know there is no limit to how low it is.