What to build and not to build

e5futter

Rescued Ally
I normally go

Workshop- Infirmary- Watchtower.

I've never built a staging area because I always have a steady supply of materials. I also don't build a shooting range because I'm so gun heavy I Max out shooting first on everyone.

An infirmary and workshop are mandatory unless you've the patience of a saint and never leave stealth mode. As for the third slot, it really depends on how long you're planning to stay in the starter base. A watchtower is a good choice, but you could also go gym or shooting range.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
infirmary, garden and workshop at starting base for me (garden + fishing means my starting 3 dont have negative food and usually garden is a like for some of them) then a level 2 garden with the fertilizer and i can start my snack production run with the built in kitchen.

infirmary and workshop are pretty much required, garden for me is pretty interchangeable though due to fishing, i usually go it though but some good choices
latrine is excellent for morale especially with a plumber and cheap 1 material and 0 cost in activating its special
shooting range is also excellent for its +20 stamina for everyone

watch tower i dont rate (IMO) for starter base as threat level is never very high there and ive moved by the time ive more dudes.
if more of your survivors like watchtower more than say garden then can build watchtower for the morale boost but latrine is much better for that.

Clyde

Rescued Ally
I use Builder legacy. I build; Infirmary, Workshop, and Hydroponics. I switch Hydroponics to grow herbs. My main three includes a person who has -2 to noise, so I don’t really need that first watchtower.

True Savage

Exiled Survivor
For me it's Infirmary, Workshop and then Garden or Watchtower, which ever the most valuable player is bitching for at the moment.

Nope...just has to be a small lot outdoors.
well thats stupid now you have less spots to put normal facilities

well thats stupid now you have less spots to put normal facilities
And where you put them is matter. Which is why people prefer Fort Container homebase since the entire base itself is a giant watchtower.

The watchtower in SOD2 doesn't increase safe zone anymore like in SOD1. It just reduces a small threat level. With how SOD2 zed spawning, have fun getting your neck chew off while you screwing around in front of your storage locker.

True Savage

Exiled Survivor
And where you put them is matter. Which is why people prefer Fort Container homebase since the entire base itself is a giant watchtower.

The watchtower in SOD2 doesn't increase safe zone anymore like in SOD1. It just reduces a small threat level. With how SOD2 zed spawning, have fun getting your neck chew off while you screwing around in front of your storage locker.
I didn't even know a watch tower increases safe zone in sod 1

hokimkim

Rescued Ally
Usually i build garden>shooting range>gym. Until my crew were serious injury, i turn the gym to infirmary for recovery, then rebuild the gym again.

Oh I knew that I thought you ment before you build a watchtower the safe zone is even smaller
For safe zone, i suggest to use the old fashion way in SOD1. Corner office is much better than container fort in terms of safety IMO, i'm totally zed free and no annoying broken in zombies by this set up.

Attachments

True Savage

Exiled Survivor
Usually i build garden>shooting range>gym. Until my crew were serious injury, i turn the gym to infirmary for recovery, then rebuild the gym again.

For safe zone, i suggest to use the old fashion way in SOD1. Corner office is much better than container fort in terms of safety IMO, i'm totally zed free and no annoying broken in zombies by this set up.
wtf even is that map

ok sorry about that now I´m done putting my thoughts of sod 2 here

If you have a spare large slot that you aren't ready to build into or unsure, always build a staging area. Not only can you remove it for a material refund, it will save you on daily materials and help speed up build times.

I never wasted ammo on extending the watchtower range and this has never been an issue for me at any of the bases in SOD2, even in the starter homes.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
That's why I like the Corner Office too; it's the only place I've been that I didn't have constant zombies walking into my base. Though at Kelenqua I've blocked all of the doors except for the one covered by the watchtower so it's not so bad.

The first things I build (without free power/water and not counting upgrading storage) are the infirmary, the watchtower and the workshop. I hate the morale penalty for not having a watchtower.