Total shitsplosion trying to get SoD2 to download

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Microsoft Dayton was the name used for State of Decay 2 or at least, I saw it referenced in there so that kinda makes sense that it would fail to reinstall.

As for the "try again later something happened on our end", I had to restart the PC for it to kill that error

Microsoft Dayton was the name used for State of Decay 2 or at least, I saw it referenced in there so that kinda makes sense that it would fail to reinstall.

As for the "try again later something happened on our end", I had to restart the PC for it to kill that error
Yeah, a restart fixed that.....but it's now re downloading it from scratch, and still having the same problem with crippled snail speed and constant failures. It was worth a shot at least.

Now if only the xbox app was working.....well, honestly I'm starting to wonder why I even care whether that's working or not since I can't even get the game to download and install.

I tried downloading it again with exactly the same result. I did have the bright idea to use an auto clicker to click the "resume" button every 30 seconds though, it went past 18.4 GB and was at 26 GB when I woke up. No idea WTF that is all about and MS is zero help so I'm just going to call my ISP and ask if anyone else has been complaining about problems with the windows store just in case it's some protocol they use that conflicts with something on MS's end. Next week I'm going to be at my parents' place so I'll give it one more try there, then call Best Buy about a refund if that doesn't work.

@SomeRandomGuy - I am feeling for you mate. I am downloading the game now and I hope that I don't get what you have got :(
I hope nobody else gets this same crap.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
@SomeRandomGuy
Try setting windows firewall to on if not already and set all the tabs to default. I’m using the phone so can’t give a highly detailed step by step but if you type in the search bar ‘windows firewall’ and open that, right underneath the on/off buttons there is a link for settings, make sure all tabs from the new window have instream and outstream set to defaults.
I have no experience with MS Store until now so I couldn’t say whether this will help or not but it is probably obscure enough to be the problem. It fixed some issues with my Xbox app.

There was something a long time ago about downloads failing if your region & time settings aren’t correct. Something like that? Might be worth checking.

@SomeRandomGuy
Try setting windows firewall to on if not already and set all the tabs to default. I’m using the phone so can’t give a highly detailed step by step but if you type in the search bar ‘windows firewall’ and open that, right underneath the on/off buttons there is a link for settings, make sure all tabs from the new window have instream and outstream set to defaults.
I have no experience with MS Store until now so I couldn’t say whether this will help or not but it is probably obscure enough to be the problem. It fixed some issues with my Xbox app.

There was something a long time ago about downloads failing if your region & time settings aren’t correct. Something like that? Might be worth checking.
I've tried checking the firewall settings and even turning it off but it didn't help. Hell, I even tried disabling my antivirus, the firewall, and connecting my PC directly to the modem and bypassing my router but still nothing.

My only other option is contact my ISP which I'm in the process of doing.

SomeRandomGuy, I have the same issue. My ISP is Spectrum Cable High-Speed. It stutters quite often. Sometimes getting stuck at 18-23% for almost five minutes before resuming. When it does, it stutters around the 93% mark for about 15 minutes before climbing up to 100%. It installs fine and when I pull up the main menu, it CTD. I've played with removing all my peripherals (including the video capture card) and it works... sort of. The shadows are crazy sporadic and the FPS drops randomly and motion blur is really bad. Even at the lowest settings (which is what I did on this rig and that's not right) my FPS drops when I encounter more than two or three zeds. I'm going to uninstall the game and re-install completely and make sure it's patched. I just noticed my version and I know there was already a patch.

Between this mess and reading through "the little niggles thread" I'm just going to get a refund. If even half the things in that thread are as bad as they sound I would not enjoy playing the game at all, assuming I can ever download it.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
I have 128GB Platinum Corsair 3300mhz. My framerate runs about 80fps and then it dips to about 15fps whenever I'm being swarmed. This needs another patch. The game is fun, but it's worse than SoD when it first came out. And the forums being closed... aw man.
I disagree, when SOD1 first come out on PC there was no mouse & keyboard controls.

I didn't buy SoD at launch, but I'm a PC Master Race guy and if that happened to me... I wouldn't have given the game a second look. By the way, I can't drive without the XBOX controller. It's not intuitive to do it with even the Razer Keypad and mouse. nVidia just dropped a patch and holy cow... it's big. Once it downloads, I'm giving it another shot. Also, this will be the third time I download the game. This time it will work... I hope. I miss Undead Nicole.

BobCrees

Alamo Family
Eureka! I got it working. It's smooth as butter. Reconnecting the Elgato video capture card in a bit. In the meantime, I'm going to play again. By the way, I'll post an invitation for trio gameplay in a few days. I want Bob to have his game smoothed out before I start. Once Bob is up, so am I.
Well done, that is good to hear :) As for myself - I played around with the video settings and although not perfect, I was able to play the game with a lot less lag. I am still getting the issue where I keep walking after I have taken my finger off the 'W' button. This is not all the time and I can work around it. However, I have yet to take on a plaque heart, so not sure how this will affect my game due to my video card.

Okay, what time works for you to play co-op? I'm CST (US, Texas) and my current time is 12:11 pm. I know you're about a 1/2 day ahead of me. I can be up whenever you're willing. I have Discord loaded and sometime later this afternoon I'm hooking up the video capture card. I will not broadcast until I have a few runs under my belt. I don't want to look bad, trying to git gud.