Tips & tricks

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
(Don't see this YET, delete if it IS posted)

Flying/air walking! Run around while completely safe. I've not tried it, I only saw this vid this morning.

(Whole vid)

(1:30)

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
this is going to need more testing and some more time, but it seems if you quit the game while an allied enclave has an active quest they will shut up for good.

had an allied enclave "tapsters" and a mission pinged. couldnt be bothered and didnt care i was doing other stuff. finished for the night and quit the game. 2 real days later and i still have them on the map as allied and havnt had a single whine from them

bliss

Cool little things I found...

You can grab and throw zeds at a feral to stop it in its tracks (difficult to pull off but it can interrupt their jumps too).
You can grab and throw zeds at a juggernaut to piss it off more.
You can grab and throw zeds at bloaters to make them explode (works most of the time for me).
You mean, it's actually possible to..

:oops::eek::D:p:love:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Is that really piss it off? Because I just do that thing and strange thing happened~! I can't kill that juggernaut and can't knock down it any more....
Guns , melee, and grenades all ineffective. Why? Really piss it off?
The juggernaut bit was more of a joke...then people proved it can kill them. I've not seen it make them invulnerable though... using a trainer or cheat engine to give yourself god mode? That might transfer when grabbing zombies, it used to do weird things in SoD when you used debug tools like god mode switches.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
The juggernaut bit was more of a joke...then people proved it can kill them. I've not seen it make them invulnerable though... using a trainer or cheat engine to give yourself god mode? That might transfer when grabbing zombies, it used to do weird things in SoD when you used debug tools like god mode switches.
Yeah I thought may caused by CE first but I didn't use that script and finally I kill it by car. Just curious why I can use bell club knock down it once and then can't knock down it any more?

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
Yeah I thought may caused by CE first but I didn't use that script and finally I kill it by car. Just curious why I can use bell club knock down it once and then can't knock down it any more?

dont know but did the person who had the video of killing the jugg by throwing a zed have powerhouse?
just cause powerhouse survivors throw zeds harder

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
dont know but did the person who had the video of killing the jugg by throwing a zed have powerhouse?
just cause powerhouse survivors throw zeds harder
Well if my character has powerhouse I won't grab zeds so hard. I don't know how's different about throw zeds harder and normal, I tried many times but can't tell what different, can you?

I know you will doubt the character's skill powerhouse. Because the previous video I change her backpacking skill to powerhouse for test, then this video I let her return her still backpacking because without close combat, I guess powerhouse not funny for me.
Next time if I want to use throw zeds to kill juggernaut, I will bring my .50 cannon. Or it will take too long to kill .

Last edited:

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Drucker County shortcut to the hill-town. In Tamfield (East of Mike's Concrete) you take the road with the car roadblocks and the large pipes, you take a left onto the hill and you'll be South or southeast of the Sasser Regional Hospital, pretty much a good shortcut that will save you a minute or two instead of driving on that road.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
My favorite Rev and Run combo!!!

Traits: Marathon + Gunslinger + Discipline + Endurance, you have a gun slinging god!
Weapons: Bastard of Belleau Wood and Hunter's Model 29(Penetration and Advance Brake)
Gear: Anything you want!

This setup is OP as fuck cause you can just aim and SNAP SNAP SNAP, and no stamina? just run and reload, wash rinse and repeat, since I have so much .44 ammo I just waste them, plus the revolver neve jams and you can just keep firing without the weapon breaking at all.

Dan

Missing Survivor
Here is supersecret high level tipp. priceless.
No, but seriously. i wish i had done that earlier. It was the same “problem“ as in SOD1. I think there was no possibility to customise controls. (i play on xbox, there can be no problem like this on pc)
The control settings offer a lot of options. i never liked to search by “Y“ and at the same time use my left hand on the right ministick to look arround while searching. A mess. Its now finally easy to fix this in the settings. Also, if you play solo most of the time like me, its nice to add the “previos item“ to the digipad. on default the “digi left“ is for express feeling which i dont use in solo mode.

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
LEGACY MISSIONS: approaching a 'Legacy mission point' will trigger an end-of-game warning. Before you continue, go back to base and load all your people with your favorite mods, guns, etc. and a ruck. You can then start next game with kitted-out survivors as well as the 2 boons.

SURVIVOR POOL REDUCTION: UL dropped the reusable survivor roster from 'unlimited' to 30-50. They stated this was to end the Endless Save bug. Survivors who don't get played eventually fall off the end of the roster and are unrecoverable. To keep them on the Active list, play them occasionally.

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
LEGACY MISSIONS: approaching a 'Legacy mission point' will trigger an end-of-game warning. Before you continue, go back to base and load all your people with your favorite mods, guns, etc. and a ruck. You can then start next game with kitted-out survivors as well as the 2 boons.

SURVIVOR POOL REDUCTION: UL dropped the reusable survivor roster from 'unlimited' to 30-50. They stated this was to end the Endless Save bug. Survivors who don't get played eventually fall off the end of the roster and are unrecoverable. To keep them on the Active list, play them occasionally.
oef thankx for the heads ups... Although I clear my survivor pool regularly.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Does this mean they are like Tamagochi now? If I don't feed and water them every 72 hours, they'll die?

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
It setup so you'll keep survivors from your last 4 legacies but I wouldn't take it to the bank because I do storytelling in my games. Robot and Zaynab were BBF and always run together in games. They were in the 4 legacy limit but the game deleted Robot ....now the duo of zed killing ladies is no more. I've reported it to UL and their basic reply is "We are so sorry this happened and we are working on a plan that will enable us to warn you before we fuck your game up"