Tips & tricks

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
So... Business plus Tough Negotiation plus Satellite Broadcast equals 825 influence selling a Case of Bulk Plague Cure. 500 from the trader and 325 from the air.
Yeah I just realized one of my survivors has the tough negotiation hero bonus so that's part of the reason I'm swimming in influence after I sell all my useless stuff.

I love how selling a post it note that says 'call mom' gets me 17 influence. Or I sell cases of bad ammunition for influence. I guess one mans junk is another mans treasure.

MrStrange

Rescued Ally
Right before you finish the game, load up all your survivors with all your good shit to use on future playthroughs.
Yesterday was the first time I did that. Just brought a bunch of .22 caliber, and several guns I had just traded for from the Network (it might've been Red Talon). Thought of it when they brought NOTHING with them but their 'good looks'.
Wish I'd remembered the 2 Outpost Satellite Antenna I DID get from the Network. I'm sure the old crew wouldn't have minded me taking that. :unsure: :)sneaky:)

Vehicle storage transfers I realized about 6-8 hrs into game (thanks for late notice load screen (y)), and the ninja dodge grapple kill/toss was actually my earliest epiphany. Hard not to notice all the zed stumbling when you're dodging your way out of a horde. :whistle:

These... well, to late to go "Lookit!", so now it's just, "Metoo!"

Agrefits

Missing Survivor
Rule #1
When in trouble, know your way to the nearest high ground. Zeds cant climp shipping containers nor ladders.

Develop an eye for containers and rooftops around you. If the STFH and you've got into an unlucky situation where murphys law hits you so hard that fighting back seems a bad option, you've got yourself a retreat option where you're temporary safe.. to think.. call for help, unjam your gun, adress your wounds and catch a breath.

No more panic chicken mode, once you know the high grounds around you.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I found a video that explains how to organize the locker. Kind of a pain in the ass but it works. I moved most of my ammo up to the top. Hard to do without the random zed wandering in and munching on your face (because the other people in the base don't see it)

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
I found a video that explains how to organize the locker. Kind of a pain in the ass but it works. I moved most of my ammo up to the top. Hard to do without the random zed wandering in and munching on your face (because the other people in the base don't see it)

Interesting idea, but I think it would take an enormous amount of work to keep it organized.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
I've been using this method since the first game (I'm sad they're still using the same coding for locker 'slots') but could never figure out how to explain it to people. Everything is assigned a slot when it is put in the locker and the slots don't 'shift'. If you have slots 1-10 filled, and you empty slot 3, 4-10 don't shift down to become 3-9; slot 3 remains open until you add something to the locker and it takes that slot.

What sucks is when you have everything organized and then decide to add a mod that's been assigned to locker slot 1 to a facility, the next item you add will take that first slot and appear at the top of your locker. Also removing six hundred 7.62 bullets to move them sucks. ;)

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Interesting idea, but I think it would take an enormous amount of work to keep it organized.
Yeah I wan't going to organize it the way he did (sorted by ammo, mods, then guns by caliber type) but it works well to move all the ammo types to the top so they are easier to find. Plus it would be easier to maintain if you ran out of one type then put more in or added a new caliber to your inventory.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Yeah I wan't going to organize it the way he did (sorted by ammo, mods, then guns by caliber type) but it works well to move all the ammo types to the top so they are easier to find. Plus it would be easier to maintain if you ran out of one type then put more in or added a new caliber to your inventory.
It is certainly better than nothing... but again, the inventory sorting is one of the most commonly requested features from SOD1 that they ignored.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Cool little things I found...

You can grab and throw zeds at a feral to stop it in its tracks (difficult to pull off but it can interrupt their jumps too).
You can grab and throw zeds at a juggernaut to piss it off more.
You can grab and throw zeds at bloaters to make them explode (works most of the time for me).
Zombie hapkido, nice. Going to have to give this a shot.