Tips & tricks

CryoNomad

Missing Survivor
If you run out of gas in the middle of no where you can use the base storage to pull a ruck of fuel then bust it open to get a gas can. Its more expensive (4 fuel) that way but good if you aren't close to anything
That is terrible advice. Just terrible. Use the covert to fuel mechanic and just set up a nearby outpost and pull out the fuel can. Saves you way more resources.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
That is terrible advice. Just terrible. Use the covert to fuel mechanic and just set up a nearby outpost and pull out the fuel can. Saves you way more resources.
Not if you ran out of fuel in the middle of nowhere (not near a building that can be used for an outpost). Or if you don't have an open outpost. And I did mention it is an expensive way to refuel the tank but it works in a pinch.

I'm not sure if anyone already said this but make sure to bring a follower when going on a Scavenging run because well let's say you go to a house and you find two rucksacks but you dont have a car, well you can switch to your follower and pick it up then switch back and your follower will still be following you. You can max out both their inventories and carry more stuff at once, not sure If it's an actual feature or glitch but its helpful
Adding to this to my guide.

WayneGSG

Missing Survivor
Questions about Supply Rucksacks -

1) Is there a still a limit as to the number that you hold back from dropping off into your Home Base. In SoD1 the limit was 10 Rucksacks.

2) As cars are now more 'rare' in SoD2, can you just 'stack' Supply Rucksacks on the floor near your Home Base, or do you have to keep them in the back of vehicles?
I have had as many as 28 rucksacks in the backs of vehicles with no decay. All items placed on the ground have a decay timer on them. I have never timed it, but you will get an audio message and some text that basically says quit leaving shit lying around because it spoils or disappears.

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
Found this one last night, it's a pain to do but works...if your car gets stuck somewhere and you really really like the car and want to keep it, have a friend join you in co-op and get inside the car and stay there, now you move away from the car until the tether promt starts, then he'll get teleported to you with the car

Clyde

Rescued Ally
Found this one last night, it's a pain to do but works...if your car gets stuck somewhere and you really really like the car and want to keep it, have a friend join you in co-op and get inside the car and stay there, now you move away from the car until the tether promt starts, then he'll get teleported to you with the car
Genius. Thanks. I’ve got a stuck plow truck.

Clyde

Rescued Ally
Every fire station has 3 Halligan Tools. Halligan Tool has the durability of the special forge weapons, but only weighs a pound. It doesn’t match their stats, but— a pound. With a ultralight backpack a Durability survivor can carry the 25 lb .50, a Halligan Tool, some bullets and firecrackers, and still be light. Prefect for plague heart-ing.

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
Have you ever done this successfully? The 2 times I was teleported inside a vehicle it exploded upon entry. 1 time was teleported inside a building which is arguably worse than being stuck on a rock.

Kid Kayole

Alamo Rookie
Every fire station has 3 Halligan Tools. Halligan Tool has the durability of the special forge weapons, but only weighs a pound. It doesn’t match their stats, but— a pound. With a ultralight backpack a Durability survivor can carry the 25 lb .50, a Halligan Tool, some bullets and firecrackers, and still be light. Prefect for plague heart-ing.
I LOVE the halligan tool, nothing comes close to that weight/durability ratio.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but the radio broadcast influence boost also applies to trading. (at least I'm pretty sure it does because I don't think I have anything else active that gets me extra influence)

You can really rack up influence selling extra mods or spare guns en masse. I bought to 50 cal guns and grenade launcher selling extras.

Clyde

Rescued Ally
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but the radio broadcast influence boost also applies to trading. (at least I'm pretty sure it does because I don't think I have anything else active that gets me extra influence)

You can really rack up influence selling extra mods or spare guns en masse. I bought to 50 cal guns and grenade launcher selling extras.
If you have someone with Business and Tough Negotiation that can really add up. (+10% influence, and another +30% influence at hero status.) It doesn’t show in the prices they pay, but is rewarded after you sell, which effectively gives them more money to buy from you.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member

Adding onto this, Allied, Friendly and Neutral all have different costs (at least, I don't think I had the radio going then).