Tips & tricks

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Walk, run, hop or skip yourself to maxed out Stamina before getting to the Doc during tutorial.

161 Max stamina... with "Backpacking"
Would have prefered something else... the skills page is not loading for me... and can only find out what *she might have after you 7 star her Cardio... the first time.

Thrn using said maxed stamina...
Run your butt around the map, finding all the cars your can nearby. Get fuel for em, drive em all closer to your base. Then once you are "almost" ready to set up base. Start loading them full of the resources you will need for the short term.
Construction materials, food, medicine, gas and ammo.

Never over drop your resources (SoD2 sucks BBDD with resource management and **fate cards)
Drop off all the stuff you find... ALL OF IT!!!! EVERYTHING!!!! Cause once you start ginding your other neighborhood enclaves you can start dropping off the junk you have collected and start building up influence... (1/4 trade value in Single player cause Code 6 issues suck BBDD)
If you are one of the very lucky few individuals that drowns in influence which happens for those that have had lucky "multiplayer" experiences. You lot can buy for the Mysterious Trader... ALL THE COOL SHIT. .50 cal rifles, 12 magazine grenade launchers, ammo presses, Ammo, Car Kits. And more... have been limited to only 500 influence by the time it spawns for me. 6 restarts and highest ever by the time it spawns, only 630 influence.

(**go fuck yourself cause we hate you)

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Agreed, I did the same. Then I realised a bullet to the head was instant kill I breathed a sigh of relief.
You can also run them over. I mainly have been ignoring hostile enclaves, but I had one that was in a real bad spot, where I had to pass them constantly and they would shoot at me. So I eventually drove up, blew the horn a few times, and drove a short way away... a minute or so later I drove back, and they are outside fighting zombies.

Hitting them with a car takes a while, it doesn't do as much damage as you would expect, but it does work.

If I had extra non-critical characters I would probably sneak up and snipe them.

Last edited:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
For hostile humans, bring a stealth character and a suppressed gun. Enter their enclave from the back door, shoot them in the head from behind one at a time OR go the Sasquatch route: find a place to snipe them and shoot out the windows to attract zombies, then shoot them when they come outside.

Sasquatch's "How to survive a zombie attack"
Step 1: Kill them​
Step 2: Make sure they're dead​
Step 3: Run, there are plenty more on the way​
Heard another tip: Drop your rucks in your trucks...cause if Sasquatch sees you running a rucksack home on foot, he'll shoot you himself.

Last edited:

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Question:Can someone tell me how to make watch tower work? People don't like SOD 1 can get there and doing really good job for guard, they just wait for the zeds coming and melee. If this mode on, why we need watch tower, it like the dining area of sod 1, don't really have function...right?

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
Question:Can someone tell me how to make watch tower work? People don't like SOD 1 can get there and doing really good job for guard, they just wait for the zeds coming and melee. If this mode on, why we need watch tower, it like the dining area of sod 1, don't really have function...right?
It reduces your base noise. That’s useful, but right now that’s all they do. You can stand on it, but your A.I. won’t.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
It reduces your base noise. That’s useful, but right now that’s all they do. You can stand on it, but your A.I. won’t.
My base has two watch towers and the NPC still complain that we should low down the noise, how the watch tower work? In fact, there're tons of zeds keep on going to my base, that tower has no any effect...= ="

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
My base has two watch towers and the NPC still complain that we should low down the noise, how the watch tower work? In fact, there're tons of zeds keep on going to my base, that tower has no any effect...= ="
Tower reduces noise Threat Level, you can tap on the Threat Level in Base Management to figure out what's got your group being so noisy.

Clearing out nearby zeds around the base also lowers threat level

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Tower reduces noise Threat Level, you can tap on the Threat Level in Base Management to figure out what's got your group being so noisy.

Clearing out nearby zeds around the base also lowers threat level
Well so I can find out why my base so noise in Base management? Thanks, I 'll go to check out. I don't remember that I have some thing noise....

Cyan Griffonclaw

Rescued Ally
If you wish to preserve your weapon and look badass at the same time: you can dodge through zeds, turn around, and stealth kill/grapple+execute them from behind. For stealth kills, at least, you'll be getting some Wits XP, too.
My prefer method of close combat is the stealth kill. Otherwise, it's a suppressed weapon from a vantage point. The Apocalypse is merciless, but respects the incognito.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
I'm not sure if anyone already said this but make sure to bring a follower when going on a Scavenging run because well let's say you go to a house and you find two rucksacks but you dont have a car, well you can switch to your follower and pick it up then switch back and your follower will still be following you. You can max out both their inventories and carry more stuff at once, not sure If it's an actual feature or glitch but its helpful

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Really? So it’s like SoD1 edged weapons skill Decapitate, but without the diificult timing? You just hit the execute combo? If so I am sad I didn’t bring a sword person with me to game # 2.
Yes, they can. That is why I told that no matter everyone bring sword 'cause it can execute standing zeds. But personally, I got more like close combat, it can flying knee or kick zeds, and can pull down zeds and step for execute, damn, it amazing that I didn't figure out before.
Check this:

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
Yes, they can. That is why I told that no matter everyone bring sword 'cause it can execute standing zeds. But personally, I got more like close combat, it can flying knee or kick zeds, and can pull down zeds and step for execute, damn, it amazing that I didn't figure out before.
Check this:
Hmm... I’ll have to try that. I never figured out what close combat did. So far my favorite has been Slam from Endurance.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Hmm... I’ll have to try that. I never figured out what close combat did. So far my favorite has been Slam from Endurance.
I already have that two kind of skill but I didn't figure out, too. Lucky, some guy post that video for showing how the close combat skill so strong.I have to try after duty of work.
Flying kick/knee, this act seem never show up in tutorial............

Ehrmagerdden

Rescued Ally
I already have that two kind of skill but I didn't figure out, too. Lucky, some guy post that video for showing how the close combat skill so strong.I have to try after duty of work.
Flying kick/knee, this act seem never show up in tutorial............
The flying knee/kick is what you get when you max out...Acrobatics, I think? You can sprint+jump while facing a zombie and you'll Matrix-kick them and topple them over.

Also, for anyone having trouble with Plague Hearts, a single C-4 charge will destroy one at full health. Alternatively, if you have five fragmentation grenades, that'll also do the trick.

Bonus tip: your characters trigger box mines and land mines just like zombies do. You have been warned.