Tips & tricks

Don't die...:p

In all seriousness:
  1. If you're going to be using vehicles make sure you've got at least one can of gas in the back. Especially if you're heading out for longer trips.
  2. Keeping a vehicle repair kit on hand is a good idea too.
  3. Kiting is a good way to deal with Jugs that aren't too far from either home base or an enclave.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
I spent ages hacking away at a hostile human, thinking, "Fuck me, this guy's tough!"

Not tough enough to survive a bullet to the head though 😂😂😂
I was going to post that too. Headshots work on humans too. I put six or eight rounds in the first one, then headshot the other two, much easier.

Don't visit your storage locker to unload. When "parked" (indicated by the fuel gauge), transfer from the truck directly to storage (LT on controller, hint bar at the bottom will tell you). I spent hours last night moving everything manually then saw the tip when loading up the game today. :rolleyes:

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I was going to post that too. Headshots work on humans too. I put six or eight rounds in the first one, then headshot the other two, much easier.

Don't visit your storage locker to unload. When "parked" (indicated by the fuel gauge), transfer from the truck directly to storage (LT on controller, hint bar at the bottom will tell you). I spent hours last night moving everything manually then saw the tip when loading up the game today. :rolleyes:

well I haven't gotten then hint yet so I've been taking rucks in 1 by 1 :mad:

BobCrees

Alamo Family
Questions about Supply Rucksacks -

1) Is there a still a limit as to the number that you hold back from dropping off into your Home Base. In SoD1 the limit was 10 Rucksacks.

2) As cars are now more 'rare' in SoD2, can you just 'stack' Supply Rucksacks on the floor near your Home Base, or do you have to keep them in the back of vehicles?

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
Questions about Supply Rucksacks -

1) Is there a still a limit as to the number that you hold back from dropping off into your Home Base. In SoD1 the limit was 10 Rucksacks.

2) As cars are now more 'rare' in SoD2, can you just 'stack' Supply Rucksacks on the floor near your Home Base, or do you have to keep them in the back of vehicles?
The limit is 8 rucksacks, unfortunately, not quite sure how we've moved backwards..
See spoiler for images, taken in 21:9 so you may need to scroll around a bit on lower resolutions.

Rucksack equipped

Dropped rucksack, top left disappears.

HTF is preserving zombie corpses higher priority than preserving the resource pool?!?!

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
If you wish to preserve your weapon and look badass at the same time: you can dodge through zeds, turn around, and stealth kill/grapple+execute them from behind. For stealth kills, at least, you'll be getting some Wits XP, too.
So far as I played, I always use this for stealth kill 'cause other attack ways are too slow for deal zeds.

Agrefits

Missing Survivor
Night is DARK??

Go to vid settings, dial Gamma up to max. Still dark, but playable.

(Gets removed in a month...)

The non cheesy way: .. when on scavening run, and your inventory/vehicle is full, dont drive back instantly, but invest a couple of minutes to secure neighboring buildings for some easy peasy night time scavenging.