The Walking Dead (spoilerific)

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
So, from what I've gathered, it's no secret anymore...they're killing Rick. How does a series survive the death of its star? I've already waffled for a while now, ever since the Saviors were introduced to be honest. I hated seeing the group getting fucked over and over again. It was counter-intuitive to a zombie apocalypse survival show...they're the heroes, they're supposed to prevail against the odds, not get fucked over and over again. Truthfully, I've almost walked away so many times now, that I think the killing of Rick is going to end it for me. I've been a die-hard fan since the beginning, but I don't see any reason to stick with it anymore.

The only character left that I actually care about is Morgan and he's been off in "Fear the Walking Dead" world, but it looks like he's heading back to TWD (probably to try and save the show after Rick gets axed).

Between this and ULs, I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm done with zombies until something new and refreshing comes along.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Between this and ULs, I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm done with zombies until something new and refreshing comes along.
I used to watch TWD on Cable, then we got rid of it and waited for the it to arrive on Netflix, gotta admit, it was just getting boring every so often, having some good parts in them. I watched Z Nation as Every Episode was unique and well done, cheap CGI but very good IMO. The 100 is another series I was watching on Netflix where 100 teenagers were banished from their space station and sent to Earth to see if it was inhabitable. Dexter and Lost were another set of shows that were really good.

Zombie genre could be slowly dying, but it was always my favorite next to survival.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I was surprised they announced that Andrew Lincoln was leaving the show. It makes the season anticlimactic because you know he's going to die at some point (or take the bs way out and just have him leave)

I also don't think morgan is going back to TWD. With FTWD losing a lot of main characters I'd imagine something happens in FTWD that cause moragn to change his mind about leaving.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
It's about time they killed the show. It started going down hill after S2 anyway, which is when they got rid of Frank Darabont.
agreed
season 1 was great
season 2 was ok, some good some bad, i enjoyed it
but yeah season 3+ were just awful, completely awful. badly written and directed and worse just like SOD2 all the survivors seem incompetent (IMO) havnt seen any new ones from say 1/3 through 4 and on, absolutely no desire to watch them anymore just completely gave up

ill never get sick of zombies, but i may be completely over them in mainstream media

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Rick's death episode begins in 45 minutes. Looks like the whole hour is going to be dedicated to his demise (and the death of the show, IMO). I'm guessing that I'll watch one or two more and then check out permanently. Sucks, to be frank, I've stuck with it since S1E1.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Well, huh? He didn't die (he was "removed' from the series) and Gimple just announced that AMC is going to do Rick Grimes movies. Seems like TWD is moving Judith to a leading role (time jump to her at 10 or so, I'm guessing).

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Well, huh? He didn't die (he was "removed' from the series) and Gimple just announced that AMC is going to do Rick Grimes movies. Seems like TWD is moving Judith to a leading role (time jump to her at 10 or so, I'm guessing).
I'm actually quite curious to see how this will go so I guess I'll stick around a little longer :unsure:

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
They'll bring him back after they film the movie next year I'm betting :)
Yeah it struck me as odd that after being taken away from his friends and family he would just give up and not try to get back to them.

I like how things turned out. I thought it kind sucked knowing when he was leaving the show. It kind of took the excitement away because you already knew what was coming just not how. Knowing that there are plans for him to be in a different world/movie really changes how my outlook of the way that rick's exit was handled.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
I haven't been watching it for the past 2 seasons, mostly because I don't have cable/satellite TV anymore. We ditched directv after AT&T took over and turned it to shit, then never bothered getting anything else because the only other option is dish and we've heard lots of bad things about them too. I did watch Rick's final episode on AMC.com though and I have to say it seemed anticlimactic, and quite honestly cheap with the final scene with Jaden finding him.

Hearing that there are movies planned for Rick just made me roll my eyes. I'm sure if the show is still around after the movie(s) they'll try to bring him back to the show but at that point I'm betting it'll do more harm than good.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I haven't been watching it for the past 2 seasons, mostly because I don't have cable/satellite TV anymore. We ditched directv after AT&T took over and turned it to shit, then never bothered getting anything else because the only other option is dish and we've heard lots of bad things about them too. I did watch Rick's final episode on AMC.com though and I have to say it seemed anticlimactic, and quite honestly cheap with the final scene with Jaden finding him.

Hearing that there are movies planned for Rick just made me roll my eyes. I'm sure if the show is still around after the movie(s) they'll try to bring him back to the show but at that point I'm betting it'll do more harm than good.
I doubt they would bring him back to the show. They time jumped approximately 6 years at the end of his last episode. I couldn't imagine them trying to explain how he took 6 years to find his way back. But who knows stranger things have happened (lucky dumpster)