The Rant Thread

Cejao

Zed Hunter
The Newest Xbox1-S doesnt even have a disc drive.
And yes, the S does have a disk drive. I have one in my living room right now, able to put disks into it and everything.
I was talking about the latest xbox and it seemed like you were saying I was lying by stating your OLD xbox1-S has a drive which of course it does, but not the newest one I was refering to.

I get hostile when I think someone is implying Im lying.
But im not mad at you bruh or I would block you.

Last edited:

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
I was talking about the latest xbox and it seemed like you were saying I was lying by stating your OLD xbox1-S has a drive which of course it does, but not the newest one I was refering to.
If I thought you were lying, I would've called you one, not tiptoed around it. I thought they both launched at the same time, and thought you were unaware of the non digital version, you corrected me on that. If that's why you were being a bit hostile, then I understand, but know I was definitely not calling you a lier.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Okay, so this is almost nitpicky, but I'm watching a show on the History Channel (I won't call them out, but it has to do with forging weapons in fire) and two of the 'experts' have referred to the end of a bladed weapon (the part after the handle) as the 'pummel'. Now, guys, pummel is a verb which means to cause blunt trauma, usually indicating repetitious strikes. You can pummel with your fists, with a club or even with the fender of a vehicle (one of my favorite anti-horde tactics in State of decay is to pummel the horde with my fender as I do donuts in reverse).

The word they really should be using is "pommel", which is a noun and it means the blunt end of a bladed weapon which keeps the handle firmly attached to the blade. The "Pommel" is attached to the handle by some means of fixing it to the tang, either by threads or by peening.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
OT: Rants should be contained to the Rant post or PMs. I'm happy to talk with anyone over concerns they have about the forums and the moderation here in private, just like Nicole would have done on the officials.

On-topic: Everyone in my office that has a company-issued credit card has ONE JOB at the end of the month. You fill out what you used your card on and you submit that report to your manager. Your manager then approves the report if they have no questions and all of your receipts are turned in. It's been this way for several years and some of my coworkers have been at the company since damn near its inception.

Why are the reports still not done? Why should I have to spend the first week of every month chasing people down and standing in their cube/office until they get it done? These aren't new things that no one knew was coming...you spent money, you have to account for the money. Everyone in the office has a credit card too, I've seen all of you spending with your personal cards, damn it.

Also... I'm getting really tired of driving into the sun daily. I need some sunglasses...

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Watching NCIS Season 2 and I'm on the last episode when Winblows Media Player shits itself and declares an issue with region, codecs, and my video card and something else, I forget. The last 10 minutes of the previous episode looked like corruption (smeary, smudgy, but audio worked).
So I've disabled WMP and am hoping I can play my dvds in VLC Player instead. Otherwise I dunno how I'm going to watch the other 16 seasons :(

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Finally completed Gears 5 Seriously Achievement two nights ago. Got on yesterday morning to watch something on YouTube/Netflix after the long a$$ grind. Just got my TV to turn off with a blinking red light. I will have to remove the back and see what’s up with the board or LED strips otherwise I’ll take either the 50 inch TV or 70 inch TV my uncle left. I’ll see what happens tomorrow. I had this tv for about 5 years so I guess I used it to death? 😤

SrueTavage

Missing Survivor
So Halo Infinite War has gotten a ton of hate. Some of it being legitimate such as them removing color customization in favor of premade 'aRmOr CoAtInGs' (skins) and having a lot be unlocked by microtransactions and some being stupid like "DUUUR THE GAME ISNT 420467438236977262939382936039725p 69000000fps THIS GAME SUCKS!!!! DOOM GOOD HALO BAD" or "DUUUH THE GAME HAS A GRAPPLING HOOK AND DOOM HAS A GRAPPLING HOOK (even though they work completely differently and the Halo one seems more useful) DOOM GOOD HALO BAD".

However, while everyone complains about graphics and rightfully complains about skins. I seem to be the odd one out as what has disappointed me the most is the design choices in general. Like the Brutes look more like Ogres or some World of Warcraft looking ass goblin troll thing. They don't look anything like any previous Brute design. Sure every single one seemed to have radical changes but at least they all look like some ape rhino dog thing or something animal-like. Meanwhile, Halo Infinite War's Brutes look more like some fairy tale monster that's trying to clap some guy lost in the forest.

The game also has an ambient life. That sounds sick. Halo CE and Halo Wars were gonna have that so it's so cool know that they are bringing it back. Especially for a game that's trying to take the franchise back to its roots. I bet the designs are really creative and not something under whelm-

That's it?... Funny looking Rhinos, some Deer and Rats? Are you serious? I am gonna be exploring an alien ringworld all State of Decay style and the ambient alien life I get to see is some weird funny Rhinos and Bambi as well as some birds and rats? Bruh what the fuck is the point of having ambient life when I can just watch AnimalLogic? I know people shat on No Man's Sky but at least the alien life in it looked cool or creative. Hell, 343 didn't even have to make up anything new. They already have ambient alien life created by Bungie. Some of which they already Canonized like the Thornbeast, Chaelfka or Blind Wolf. The latter of which is even said to live on Forerunner Installations. THEY LITERALLY HAVE A GOLDMINE OF UNIQUE ALIENS AT THEIR DISPOSAL BUT INSTEAD, WE GET RATS, DEER, STARVING BIRDS, AND FUNNI RHINOS!

Maybe they will be included but seeing the direction with the other stuff we saw, I doubt we will see things as alien as these things.

SrueTavage

Missing Survivor
God, I just fucking LOOOOOVE how people choose to dogpile on me for making the same exact point others in the same group has made about something....

It's very surprising how fucking toxic a fandom based entirely around collecting brick-based toys can be. They are not CalArts fandom sorts of toxic but if it was just as big. I bet you it would be.

Edit: I just left and things feel more boring yet peaceful. minecraft music slowly starts playing

Last edited:

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
I will now proceed to lose my shit because . . . I can.

So, tonight I caught part of a TV show dealing with a certain community in the Navy that may or may not have anything to do with special operations. In this show one of the main characters, who may or may not be a proud product of BUD/S, was catching a general court. And holy hell, Hollyweird, what the FUCK were the JAGs doing wearing water-walker wings and CAS stars? JAGs are a staff branch, not a line branch. Not only can they not qualify for a SWO badge, they can't command dick at sea because they ARE NOT LINE OFFICERS, restricted or unrestricted. Seriously, how hard is it to look this stuff up?

And why in the HELL was one of them wearing a Bronze Star ribbon with two stars, meaning he won the award THREE FUCKING TIMES? What did he do, fight off some particulary vicious paperwork in deadly pen-to-paper combat on multiple occasions? Speaking of ribbons, that leads me to ribbon racks, which leads me to this: for the love of all that is good and holy, STOP having characters wearing their fruit salad everywhere. Ribbon racks ARE NOT worn on working uniforms. And don't even get me started on saluting . . .

You know, there are a lot of veterans working in the industry, both in production and as writers. Hell, I know some of them. Is it really that hard to ask someone who's been there and gotten the t-shirt if you're getting it right? Goddamned candy-ass civilians . . .

phil

Alamo Rookie
Or, you are in the shortest queue and the person in front of you has only about 10 items. When it comes to that person to pay, they are counting EVERY small coin in their bag. ARGGggggg it takes for ever and a day as they they tell the cashier their life story going back 10 centuries. GRrrrrr

There I feel better now.

Last edited:

phil

Alamo Rookie
About a week ago I downloaded a 56GB patch for ESO, I got another one a few days ago, and another today after I just got done downloading the one before. I've about had it with these download sizes and if I get another 50+GB patch after this I'm going to scream. It's horrendous that it's 50+GB for a hotfix.
It must be a red hotfix, so hot that it might melt the internet thing and the wires. Hotter than a red hot chilli, hotter than a bloater gas bomb igniting

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Watched a guy doing a life speedrun in the gym the other day.

Weight belt and straps so he could hang onto the 375 he had loaded up on the barbell. Proceeds to cat scratch Romanian deadlift for multiple reps...using spinal flexion.

Dear future tube feeder. A Romanian deadlift is for your legs and secondly your lower back. It is a predominantly hamstring and glute exercise. Using your spine, besides injuring yourself, takes the benefit of exercise out. Hence your chicken legs. Also using straps gets rid of the potential grip strength benefits the exercise is so good for.

It's not impressive. A human spine can prop a car into the air. If I wanted I could load 400, hell even 500 pounds on the bar and use spinal flexion and that bar would go into the air. Of course, showing off isn't worth the slipped discs I would suffer into my future. For that I am horrified. Horrified as I watch you ruin your future. It is such an irresponsible and dangerous way to lift something, I swear people should need a license to workout so they do not do this. I just hope it's not as bad as I think it is for this young man. Because that was the most impressive and terrifying life speed run I've seen at my local gym.