The Rant Thread

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
Dantron rants that Dantron is so clunky that Cliff Steele seems sleek in comparison. 😢
At least you have Blappleberry Pie, Dantron.
The rest of us can only dream of such wonder.

I rant that my roommate never seems to be around me, until I want to play a game, and then he is metaphorically up my ass bothering me.
Anytime day or night, I cant escape.

Last edited:

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
At least you have Blappleberry Pie, Dantron.
The rest of us can only dream of such wonder.

I rant that my roommate never seems to be around me, until I want to play a game, and then he is metaphorically up my ass bothering me.
Anytime day or night, I cant escape.
Eat lots of refried beans and red meat, see if that will keep him away.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
You talking a Real MINI or a BMW not-a-MINI?

The current ones dwarf the older ones. But I was shocked just how much bigger my (current generation) Civic was than a modern MINI!
It's the Mini Cooper's I was talking about. It's very rare to see an original Mini.
These ones:

They're still agile but my point was against the driver's abilities rather than the cars.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
So I haven't used my RT survivors in a game since they made the changes. A couple of days ago I started a group of 3 RT and then just watched my supplies drop as fast as I could bring them in.... -2 ammo - 2 fuel -2 building supplies even with the group happy as could be it happened over and over. Once I finished the Legacy I kick every RT out of my survivor pool....All that grinding I did was a total waste of time.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
So I haven't used my RT survivors in a game since they made the changes. A couple of days ago I started a group of 3 RT and then just watched my supplies drop as fast as I could bring them in.... -2 ammo - 2 fuel -2 building supplies even with the group happy as could be it happened over and over. Once I finished the Legacy I kick every RT out of my survivor pool....All that grinding I did was a total waste of time.
Why not just use the savegame editor and replace the negative traits with the previous RT traits?

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
New rant:

The don't work a 9-5 and earn money from home as long as you buy my course adverts on YT are out of control. Besides the frequency in which they appear I find the whole thing completely immoral. The tactics used in these videos drive me mad and so obviously target vulnerable unhappy people. Repeat certain words or phrases over and over, promise the key to success but never reveal it in the advert, cite successful examples of people using the product (but don't guarantee results) and of course never look into the camera...
These people are only manipulating others into buying their product so they don't have to work the 9-5 and IMO have no interest in helping worse off people. The whole thing is akin to convincing elderly people that they need a new chimney and driveway. They should all be relieved of their ability to breathe IMO.

TheMuse

Rescued Ally
New rant:

The don't work a 9-5 and earn money from home as long as you buy my course adverts on YT are out of control. Besides the frequency in which they appear I find the whole thing completely immoral. The tactics used in these videos drive me mad and so obviously target vulnerable unhappy people. Repeat certain words or phrases over and over, promise the key to success but never reveal it in the advert, cite successful examples of people using the product (but don't guarantee results) and of course never look into the camera...
These people are only manipulating others into buying their product so they don't have to work the 9-5 and IMO have no interest in helping worse off people. The whole thing is akin to convincing elderly people that they need a new chimney and driveway. They should all be relieved of their ability to breathe IMO.
AGREED

My mom has been pulled in by some stupid scam and while she hasn't spent much on it yet, she's so addicted to the idea that "it could be big someday" and she will scream and cry if you say anything even remotely critical of it, like you've personally offended her. Fuck scams, fuck the people that make them, fuck anyone that tries to profit off of people in desperate situations or with poor mental health.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
AGREED

My mom has been pulled in by some stupid scam and while she hasn't spent much on it yet, she's so addicted to the idea that "it could be big someday" and she will scream and cry if you say anything even remotely critical of it, like you've personally offended her. Fuck scams, fuck the people that make them, fuck anyone that tries to profit off of people in desperate situations or with poor mental health.
Sorry to hear that mate. There's a psychological principle which I can't remember the name of but it's where people will continue investing (time, money, w/e) into something beyond it's value purely to lessen a loss. It's demonstrated by having two or more people bid on £1, the person auctioning the £1 gives it to the last bidder but keeps both of the previous bids. So up until 99p the last bidder is profiting, however the 2nd bidder will not want to lose 98p so they bid £1 for the £1. Then the first bidder put £1.01 to not lose their 99p and so on. The guy who came up with it said it wasn't uncommon for bids to get up to £5. So bidders will put in 5x more money than the thing is worth, only to lose less, meanwhile the only one who is profiting is the dealer/auctioneer.

The only astute thing I've ever seen about 'getting rich' the guy just said; if 5% of the people in the world hold all the wealth then you need to do what 95% of people aren't doing. I don't even think he was selling anything, it wasn't an advert.

TheMuse

Rescued Ally
Sorry to hear that mate. There's a psychological principle which I can't remember the name of but it's where people will continue investing (time, money, w/e) into something beyond it's value purely to lessen a loss. It's demonstrated by having two or more people bid on £1, the person auctioning the £1 gives it to the last bidder but keeps both of the previous bids. So up until 99p the last bidder is profiting, however the 2nd bidder will not want to lose 98p so they bid £1 for the £1. Then the first bidder put £1.01 to not lose their 99p and so on. The guy who came up with it said it wasn't uncommon for bids to get up to £5. So bidders will put in 5x more money than the thing is worth, only to lose less, meanwhile the only one who is profiting is the dealer/auctioneer.

The only astute thing I've ever seen about 'getting rich' the guy just said; if 5% of the people in the world hold all the wealth then you need to do what 95% of people aren't doing. I don't even think he was selling anything, it wasn't an advert.
Sunk Cost fallacy. "I've already put so much time/money/effort into it, might as well see it to the end!"

And that's what I'm worried about. She hasn't spent tons of money specifically, but the amount of time and attachment she has... if money gets brought up then she's all in, because why wouldn't she be? She's already invested hours and hours of online interaction with them. She's part of the "family", you wouldn't betray your "family" by not supporting them. Ugh.