The Rant Thread

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Maybe they should have just upped the file size limit for the cloud instead of screwing up peoples games (especially considering that UL is now a MS subsidiary)

I didn't see them mention this in the patch notes. Seems kind of shitty to do advertise no cap (actually I think it was referenced as "so high no one will ever hit it") on the limit of heros in the pool then cap it at 50 without warning so you lose people from the pool
I knew about the limit from watching the UL stream but wasn't sure how it would work. After seeing what it does to a large pool first hand, chatting with Geoffrey and UL on Twitter I learned the finer details. Any info or lessons learned from playing the game I try to pass on top everyone here. I was told I gave the some great feedback and how the game handles the survivors pool may be changed in the future. A little to late to save my people but it may save others in the future from losing their best people.

I absolutely hate how bacon packages will have a "pull here to open" flap on the corner of the package, but that corner will be held together by what feels like ungodly amounts of super glue. I just want to cook some bacon for breakfast. I don't want to feel like I'm competing in a strong man competition.
REAL MEN cut a slit down the middle with a knife and rip the Bacon out of the package's rotting carcass.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I absolutely hate how bacon packages will have a "pull here to open" flap on the corner of the package, but that corner will be held together by what feels like ungodly amounts of super glue. I just want to cook some bacon for breakfast. I don't want to feel like I'm competing in a strong man competition.
REAL MEN cut a slit down the middle with a knife and rip the Bacon out of the package's rotting carcass.
Yeah, but the lazy guy who doesn't cook bacon usually throws the whole package in the frying pan and hopes for the best while he takes a shower.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Wait, what? You throw the whole pig in a frying pan?
No, no, you throw the pig in a pit that's been prepared hours ahead of time, maybe even weeks ahead of time but you just can't get around to actually carrying the pig over there.

On a rantable note, I am really tired of being sick all the time. Just finally getting over some wounds through wound care and now I may have developed strep throat from hanging out with my niece. I'm also finding other people irrationally stupid when driving and it's starting to piss me off a lot more lately because of how often it's occurring... no lights on when it's raining or dark, cutting across three lanes of traffic just to slam on their brakes and turn into a restaurant, and three SUV drivers who had enough road rage to push each other into the guard rails on the highway three days ago. All three vehicles got totaled and two of the drivers died...it was insanity.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Last weekend I saw an accident where an SUV failed to give way to a motorbike on a roundabout. Bike got destroyed and the rider (good thing he was wearing leathers) just sat on the road stunned. I couldn't stop but the SUV driver did. If he hadn't I would've as I was behind the SUV previously. Times like that I wish I had a dashcam.
Saw a woman run a red light and almost clean up the car in front me another time.
Good thing I didn't go on the green immediately otherwise she would've smacked into me 😐

Yeah, but the lazy guy who doesn't cook bacon usually throws the whole package in the frying pan and hopes for the best while he takes a shower.
Y'all two just made my morning lol.

@Mystyk be safe friendo, people are damn maniacs on the roads!