The Rant Thread

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I need a beginner tutorial on how to set up a contact form instead, with captcha. I have a few tutorials but they're too hard for me.
This was one that caught my eye when I was looking over tutorials for setting up my site (still building it offline).
https://bootstrapious.com/p/bootstrap-recaptcha

It's fairly basic and you're just changing a few lines. The rest of the code is already setup and working.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Ah yes, I remember seeing that one. From it I learnt about Google's recaptcha and signed up with it, and that's as far as I got. I'll try it out again, after my second coffee :)

TheMuse

Missing Survivor
Whatever got you, I hope it passes through quick, bud. Being sick sucks. How have you been otherwise?
Thank ya kindly

Other than that, pretty good! My life is at a crossroads in many ways and what I choose to do with my career, my social circle, etc, in the next month will have a big impact on my next couple years. So I'm just trying to make sure I make a wise decision. But yeah otherwise, I'm pretty good with everything, nothing too bad at the moment.

How have you been?

XzerothreeX

Rescued Ally
Thank ya kindly

Other than that, pretty good! My life is at a crossroads in many ways and what I choose to do with my career, my social circle, etc, in the next month will have a big impact on my next couple years. So I'm just trying to make sure I make a wise decision. But yeah otherwise, I'm pretty good with everything, nothing too bad at the moment.

How have you been?
Doing well, thank you. My girls and I are happy and healthy, could not ask for more. I could rant for a week about the political situation in the U.S., but it would not help a thing. Try not to worry too much over those decisions, bud. You're a smart one with a good heart. You are gonna be just fine.

Jackstack

Missing Survivor
"They Shall Not Grow Old" by Peter Jackson looks like a stunning film, and the critical reviews have been outstanding. I just wish two things, first that they would have had released it on one of the channels in the U.S, and second, they would state when they're putting it on DVD (Or if at least).

Last edited:

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
So finally saw the Halloween (2018) sequel and although it has a few flaws, it is definitely worth of it's sequel title and has earned its place as my second favourite Halloween movie. My rant goes to the reviewers that call Michael the new Jason in this movie with how he kills and the quantity. Like...it's Michael Myers. How is he not brutal? He's not over the top like Jason he just kills how he has to. Smashing a guy's head against the wall cos he doesn't have a weapon isn't Jasony it's just Myers and his sheer brutality.

Also "Most of the kills were offscreen waaaaah"....it was to build an illusion of suspense and the most important tool of fear is your mind. Build an image in your head of how he murdered these people, what he did, how long was he in the house for...Plus you see every aftermath and it is awful to look at with how he left his victims.

Like I said I won't spoil but some things felt off and there was one main out of place segment but I still thoroughly loved it. Michael was done right and faithful to the original, Laurie was phenomenal and Jamie Lee Curtis nailed it, the score....oh man the score. Carpenter you legend.

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
WTAF? Halloween - 1978, Friday the 13th - 1980. How the fuck does that math out to Michael is later than Jason?

Mr. Myers is the OG slasher and Jason was/is the wannabe gimmicky B-team.

/rant
They claimed his latest outing and the higher body count makes him more like Jason than Michael. Even though Jason is an undead zombie with more shitty spin offs than anything.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
So I get home and finish up a group so I could see my survivor pool on SoD2. I feel sick to my fucking stomach....29 legacies completed a pool of well over 200 survivors. Now I have a pool of 30 and 20 still in play for my 50. Lost survivors who were at 7,8,and 9x lost a group of 3 6x bunny girls( who just joined the pool about a week) lost every RT survivor I had except for my hacker (he was in a game).

Never had the save bug because I don't save to the fucking cloud! But hey they fixed it for everyone who does. I hope no ones Survivor pool got raped like mine did. I really keep trying to love the game but I'm just going to give it up soon if things keep happening like this.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
@SailorWolf, that is so sad to hear. I'm not sure why I'm apologizing, but I am sorry.

If I were Mr. Strain, I would have added a way, when selecting from the survivor pool, to also view each character's inventory AND have a delete character from pool button (with a two step confirm delete warning)

FIX YOUR GAME JEFF!
It's from the last update that fixed the saving bug....seems the xbone saves to the cloud and the file size was too big and not saving. So to fix it they set the cap at 50 (which after running some numbers I was well over that by 200+) and made it so it keeps the survivors from your last 4 legacies. I think it would be better if it looked at your survivors and deleted the x1's then x2's going up until you had your 50.....that way I'd still have my badass high x survivors and all my bunny girls.

But the damage is done just wish they would have said something before they release the update maybe I could have saved a few of my key people

Oh and thank you :)

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
It's from the last update that fixed the saving bug....seems the xbone saves to the cloud and the file size was too big and not saving. So to fix it they set the cap at 50 (which after running some numbers I was well over that by 200+) and made it so it keeps the survivors from your last 4 legacies. I think it would be better if it looked at your survivors and deleted the x1's then x2's going up until you had your 50.....that way I'd still have my badass high x survivors and all my bunny girls.

But the damage is done just wish they would have said something before they release the update maybe I could have saved a few of my key people

Oh and thank you :)
Maybe they should have just upped the file size limit for the cloud instead of screwing up peoples games (especially considering that UL is now a MS subsidiary)

I didn't see them mention this in the patch notes. Seems kind of shitty to do advertise no cap (actually I think it was referenced as "so high no one will ever hit it") on the limit of heros in the pool then cap it at 50 without warning so you lose people from the pool