The Rant Thread

I have a cut on my left leg that's mutated into a fungal infection (I think), got a flu shot in the left arm which is now swollen and also potentially infected (this is the last year for flu shots, this is infection #2 off them). I've lost most of the vision in my left eye due to tearing of the retina (I think), small internal bleed in the right eye, some serious scar tissue on my right shoulder and under my right armpit, and neuropathy issues in both feet. Keep in mind too, I just turned 33 this year and if I keep going in this downward medical spiral, I'll be joining in on the permanent disability for having my left eye and one or both feet removed before I'm 40.
Damn some of those are serious! I hope you're able to get in to a position to have some of those looked at soon.

People over here bemoan the state of the NHS, and it undeniably has its issues, but I'd be able to have most of those treated (eventually...waiting times being one of the aforementioned issues) for no more than the cost of the prescriptions.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
You know, I'm not the way some of you guys think of me. Let me explain

Ever since my dad has mentally screwed me in the head thinking we are better than everyone, it sort of grown on me a while back and I'm trying my best to help others to fade my wretched past.

What I've been was a complete racist scum, prejudice, tell jokes at wrong times, and talk trash behind people in public or anywhere else. I will admit, I haven't had a single god damn thought about anyone in this forum or the previous ones.

I can't really blame my dad as much but it was sort of there, I'm dead serious about the issues I've been dealing with. ever since my sister called me out on my scummy ass actions, I realized that she was right, I've just hidden it from myself. I'd never go far to using the hard racial slur. I'm sorry if I'm not the type of person you would have thought of. I ain't gonna let the past eat me, I'm going to better for the good of others and myself.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie

Ever since my dad has mentally screwed me in the head thinking we are better than everyone, it sort of grown on me a while back and I'm trying my best to help others to fade my wretched past.

What I've been was a complete racist scum, prejudice, tell jokes at wrong times, and talk trash behind people in public or anywhere else. I will admit, I haven't had a single god damn thought about anyone in this forum or the previous ones.

I can't really blame my dad as much but it was sort of there, I'm dead serious about the issues I've been dealing with. ever since my sister called me out on my scummy ass actions, I realized that she was right, I've just hidden it from myself. I'd never go far to using the hard racial slur. I'm sorry if I'm not the type of person you would have thought of. I ain't gonna let the past eat me, I'm going to better for the good of others and myself.
Growth is important.

True Savage

Exiled Survivor
I know getting a job right after high school is a good idea but honestly after high school, I need a break from being around people, Even if Walmart makes me a kart pusher, Id probably have to be up at like 6 am or something and that is not the sort of shit Id either ever want to do again or not for a long time.

I considered having two part-time jobs and maybe that would give me slightly more money than working one full-time job I am not sure though. At this point in life, I am so used to being prepared for everything only for some completely random thing happen or it is nothing that I expected and everything was pointless. Sort of like that shitty field trip I went on to the San Diego Zoo.

Post removed by admin
You're calling something so mundane as an unenjoyed field trip "pure Auschwitz"...I really hope you're applying a vitriolic level of hyperbole to that!

Just for my own understanding, what is modified P.E and how does it tie in with attending or not attending general ed classes? I'm in the UK and the only P.E we had when I was at school was physical education, and that wouldn't stop you going to any normal classes.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Just for my own understanding, what is modified P.E and how does it tie in with attending or not attending general ed classes? I'm in the UK and the only P.E we had when I was at school was physical education, and that wouldn't stop you going to any normal classes.
Modified P.E. means a limited gym class for children (under 18s) that cannot participate in general or specific physical education classes. It's generally limited to physical disabilities, though there are some cases (from personal experience) of mentally different children participating in them as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Let me be very clear to everyone who's been following this thread and have made reports in the past. We have a very high tolerance for anyone who is actively seeking or taking help, but is stating their opinion in a way that can be construed negatively. We all operate within the rules and terms of service of the forum and it is only when those terms and rules are violated repeatedly that we step in with hard punishments like temporary or permanent bans.

With that in mind, please keep your written words within those rules and limitations, especially in this thread where rants are generally angry or grumpy in spoken tone.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie

If we go through life only judging people by their mistakes we would never look at anyone the same. I determine someone's character by how they respond to their mistakes, shame and regret are often the most effective ways for a person to break free from destructive behaviours or people.

Honestly I think more of you for owning up to it and showing a desire to improve, the hardest thing to do in life is to face your own flaws.

<rant>

Now? I'm not in too much better of a situation, living with family while trying to get my game off the ground and doing jobs that are thankless (who knew you could get shit on so much for an alpha release mobile game that's not even in stores) only to lose that due to publisher involvement. Though, I did find another job that starts Sept 10th, so that's a plus and it gives me medical which is great because damn have I fucked myself on medical.

I have a cut on my left leg that's mutated into a fungal infection (I think), got a flu shot in the left arm which is now swollen and also potentially infected (this is the last year for flu shots, this is infection #2 off them). I've lost most of the vision in my left eye due to tearing of the retina (I think), small internal bleed in the right eye, some serious scar tissue on my right shoulder and under my right armpit, and neuropathy issues in both feet. Keep in mind too, I just turned 33 this year and if I keep going in this downward medical spiral, I'll be joining in on the permanent disability for having my left eye and one or both feet removed before I'm 40.

</rant>
Isn't there something we here on the forum could do to help with your game or your health? I'm not rich but if there was some kind of medical procedure to help you I'd contribute whatever I could.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Isn't there something we here on the forum could do to help with your game or your health? I'm not rich but if there was some kind of medical procedure to help you I'd contribute whatever I could.
Just being around and being supportive of everyone as always is enough for me for now. I haven't dug myself so deep a pit yet that I can't fill it in slowly over the rest of the year. As for the medical stuff, my parents noticed my leg and arm last night and offered to cover an appointment at the clinic so I may be heading back to the doctor on Tuesday to get checked out.

Thank you to those who have helped with art and finances already. I can't begin to repay that kindness yet, but I will find something, for sure.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
Just being around and being supportive of everyone as always is enough for me for now. I haven't dug myself so deep a pit yet that I can't fill it in slowly over the rest of the year. As for the medical stuff, my parents noticed my leg and arm last night and offered to cover an appointment at the clinic so I may be heading back to the doctor on Tuesday to get checked out.

Thank you to those who have helped with art and finances already. I can't begin to repay that kindness yet, but I will find something, for sure.
I hope the appointment goes well mate.

@SwissArmyKnife thanks for clearing that US education point up for me.

Also hope you get the clinic appointment, it goes well and you are able to get said leg and arm sorted.

@Fabian907 being strong enough to acknowledge past flaws and behaviours, and being willing to change and/or improve yourself shows your true character. Being honest with yourself can be one of the hardest things to do, good on you!

XzerothreeX

Rescued Ally
If we go through life only judging people by their mistakes we would never look at anyone the same. I determine someone's character by how they respond to their mistakes, shame and regret are often the most effective ways for a person to break free from destructive behaviours or people.

Honestly I think more of you for owning up to it and showing a desire to improve, the hardest thing to do in life is to face your own flaws.

Be sure to tag me in if such a page is set up.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Wow man I'm telling you :LOL: it seems like kids on fortnight take things way too seriously. I was playing with one of my pals and his younger brother joins and so my friends younger brother's friend decides to join too so it's cool because we got a full squad. Now both the younger brother and the friend are squeakers and they start yelling into the mic and all that crap but I'm fine with it it's not annoying to me as much. So what happened was we didnt make it out of the storm and everyone bled out except for me and the younger brother's friend and he goes down and asks for a revive and I thought there was no point because were not gonna make it anyways because I had no bandages and no health. So instead of reviving him I just emote because well.....I thought it would be funny to emote before dying I guess. So eventually we die and the kid rages soooo bad and starts cussing me out and telling me threats and all that :unsure: (this kid is nine by the by) and eventually he leaves the party and starts spamming me with messages and then eventually blocks me :ROFLMAO: he joins the party but since he blocked me i couldn't hear all the mess he was sayin. But I just thought it was kinda dumb for raging for something so small \_0_/ this is why I dont play fortnight and only will play just to have fun with friends and chillax but I guess that wasn't the case this time :sneaky:

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Wow man I'm telling you :LOL: it seems like kids on fortnight take things way too seriously. I was playing with one of my pals and his younger brother joins and so my friends younger brother's friend decides to join too so it's cool because we got a full squad. Now both the younger brother and the friend are squeakers and they start yelling into the mic and all that crap but I'm fine with it it's not annoying to me as much. So what happened was we didnt make it out of the storm and everyone bled out except for me and the younger brother's friend and he goes down and asks for a revive and I thought there was no point because were not gonna make it anyways because I had no bandages and no health. So instead of reviving him I just emote because well.....I thought it would be funny to emote before dying I guess. So eventually we die and the kid rages soooo bad and starts cussing me out and telling me threats and all that :unsure: (this kid is nine by the by) and eventually he leaves the party and starts spamming me with messages and then eventually blocks me :ROFLMAO: he joins the party but since he blocked me i couldn't hear all the mess he was sayin. But I just thought it was kinda dumb for raging for something so small \_0_/ this is why I dont play fortnight and only will play just to have fun with friends and chillax but I guess that wasn't the case this time :sneaky:
(WARNING VULGARITY) KIDS HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA ON WHAT THEY ARE DOING. They think they're better than you by playing a crap ass game that involve Bullshit skill, they will pull anything out of their ass because they do not like how one plays or act. That game became terrible as everyone joined the bandwagon, I and my friends played it on the first day of the BR release, we thought it was very fun and unique, until YT'ers and bandwagon idiots join to ruin it with skins and all over random additions that change the building aspect as a whole.

It was a good game at the start but the mindless kids are ruining a good game, well was a good game. Now it is not fun anymore, I just let the fools play that game. It's cool if you're playing it, at least you're not idiotic and mindless. I don't play with dumbasses, I try to help them for the most part, sometimes you can change them.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
(WARNING VULGARITY) KIDS HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA ON WHAT THEY ARE DOING. They think they're better than you by playing a crap ass game that involve Bullshit skill, they will pull anything out of their ass because they do not like how one plays or act. That game became terrible as everyone joined the bandwagon, I and my friends played it on the first day of the BR release, we thought it was very fun and unique, until YT'ers and bandwagon idiots join to ruin it with skins and all over random additions that change the building aspect as a whole.

It was a good game at the start but the mindless kids are ruining a good game, well was a good game. Now it is not fun anymore, I just let the fools play that game. It's cool if you're playing it, at least you're not idiotic and mindless. I don't play with dumbasses, I try to help them for the most part, sometimes you can change them.
Yeah dude exactly why I don't play it and I constantly get shitted on for being a "no skin" because I dont want to waste my money on just a skin :ROFLMAO: and yeah I liked it at first because it was new then it started to wear out so I stopped.