The Rant Thread

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Well, today my Dad hired a truck to take his prized possession to a friend to finish up. The guy with the truck was an arsehole. Not only did he speed on the highway, with an expensive classic car on the back tray but when they got to the mechanic's place the jerk, while undoing the straps, knocked one of the front guards damaging the paintwork. Then said, "It wasn't me that was already there!" BS. That car is immaculate. Dunno if Dad's friend was there at the time but he'd have got up him over that.
When we get the car back we'll be using someone else. Not that moron who has no care for his cargo 😐
I'll find out who he works for then name and shame on social media. Lol. Maybe not.
In Dad's line of work/hobby just simple word of mouth is far more effective 😊

It occurs to me without moderators to reign us in from time to time, this thread could easily devolve into inarticulate screeching. At any rate, I shall start with something simple. I rant about my lack of gaming time. That's a safe, albeit banal topic.

My favorite type of genre of game is RPG (a term that has become increasingly meaningless over the years) which takes a considerable investment of time to see through. Naturally, as an adult, this is a problem. When I manage to squeeze some uninterrupted gaming time in, it's usually in the ballpark of an hour to hour and a half.

With that kind of time I hardly feel justified booting up New Vegas or its ilk. So instead I end up playing a the combat challenges in Arkham City or creating a character in Soul Calibur 4. Recently, I dug up my old copy of Red Faction Guerilla so that's been added to the pile of games that can be played in quick irregular bursts.

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
It occurs to me without moderators to reign us in from time to time, this thread could easily devolve into inarticulate screeching. At any rate, I shall start with something simple. I rant about my lack of gaming time. That's a safe, albeit banal topic.

My favorite type of genre of game is RPG (a term that has become increasingly meaningless over the years) which takes a considerable investment of time to see through. Naturally, as an adult, this is a problem. When I manage to squeeze some uninterrupted gaming time in, it's usually in the ballpark of an hour to hour and a half.

With that kind of time I hardly feel justified booting up New Vegas or its ilk. So instead I end up playing a the combat challenges in Arkham City or creating a character in Soul Calibur 4. Recently, I dug up my old copy of Red Faction Guerilla so that's been added to the pile of games that can be played in quick irregular bursts.
If you need quick action, try Crossout, it has fast battles, although being a free to play game it has alot of things that take time and grinding to achieve. I only play about 30mins to an hour when I do play and its pretty enjoyable. it also gives you free rewards just for logging in every time.

Blackthorne

Rescued Ally
... My favorite type of genre of game is RPG (a term that has become increasingly meaningless over the years) which takes a considerable investment of time to see through. Naturally, as an adult, this is a problem. When I manage to squeeze some uninterrupted gaming time in, it's usually in the ballpark of an hour to hour and a half...
One game I've been getting into lately that is 'semi-RPG' is Expeditions: Viking . I'm one that has a rather heavy life schedule, so much the same as you I can't really get into the heavier RPGs these days due to how deep one needs to go down the rabbit hole to really enjoy them. I've found that you can jump into Vikings, get quite a bit done in a small space of time, and can easily come back to it after short or long breaks.

If you haven't already got it/given it a shot, take a look at some reviews and the like and see if it's your kind of thing :cool:

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
feel you with the RPG and lack of time, purchased Dragon's Dogma on the last sale and haven't got far in the game, like the 3rd town or something, somehow I cant get more than an hour, maybe hour and a half of free time at night to play, and when I do I usually forget what I was doing when I left the game.....the backlog of games on steam purchased and not even started get bigger and bigger on each sale

BobCrees

Alamo Family
I am sure that everyone here is a 'Committed' Forum User - else why come - I doubt whether they will be a need to 'Moderate' this place

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
I am sure that everyone here is a 'Committed' Forum User - else why come - I doubt whether they will be a need to 'Moderate' this place
I agree although there isn't anything stopping malicious people or bots from signing up in the future, or even just people that are new to forum etiquette.. It could be the case that UL point people here in the future, they wouldn't be the first to officially point to fan operated sites.

For the record I'd be more than happy for you to get some administrative tools to help out @SwissArmyKnife . If your rant is less than 1 line in the rant thread I'm pretty sure that's qualification enough without even looking at the old forum :).

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
On the topic of ranting, I am thoroughly annoyed with my local grocer's pharmacy. They know they are understaffed and still insist on having the pharmacist fill drive-thru window orders at the time of drop off. This makes for some extreme annoyance on my part when I know my prescription is filled and I just need to pick it up, no pharmacist explanation required, but she's off filling someone else's on-demand prescription, then has to talk them through all of their medication and the other staff are just waiting around for her.

I'm fully aware of the local and state laws regarding the pharmacist and know that the other staff can grab the medications, check me out and I can be on my way without pharmacist explanation if I tell them I don't need it and/or sign off on it electronically as not requiring it. There's no need for her to fill out someone else, finally come over and ask me if I need the medications described, only for me to say no, and be on my way.

My prescription was sent in over 24 hours ago, it has been filled for ~20 hours most likely and I was the first person in line inside...yet it still took 2 hours before I got my prescription (insulin).

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
On the topic of ranting, I am thoroughly annoyed with my local grocer's pharmacy. They know they are understaffed and still insist on having the pharmacist fill drive-thru window orders at the time of drop off. This makes for some extreme annoyance on my part when I know my prescription is filled and I just need to pick it up, no pharmacist explanation required, but she's off filling someone else's on-demand prescription, then has to talk them through all of their medication and the other staff are just waiting around for her.

I'm fully aware of the local and state laws regarding the pharmacist and know that the other staff can grab the medications, check me out and I can be on my way without pharmacist explanation if I tell them I don't need it and/or sign off on it electronically as not requiring it. There's no need for her to fill out someone else, finally come over and ask me if I need the medications described, only for me to say no, and be on my way.

My prescription was sent in over 24 hours ago, it has been filled for ~20 hours most likely and I was the first person in line inside...yet it still took 2 hours before I got my prescription (insulin).
Easy fix: Every time you go in there pretend to faint or just otherwise be a nuisance. Once they get the hint they'll have you in and out in no time ;-).

Seems dodgy that they'd prioritise drive-thru to that extent, how is that decent customer service?

I'll give that a solid probably. However, should our user base grow significantly Swiss may be forced to dole out mod powers simply to keep on top of things. I for one would be terrible if given mod privileges; I'd immediately go mad with power.

OT: I rant that the lovely cold snap we'd been experiencing seems to have petered out. Yes, yes, I know. A native Floridian that enjoys occasional cold weather, clearly I'm some abnormality. Well, I'll inform you there's more of us than you may believe. It's unlikely my nice leather jacket will be seeing the light of day for some months.

Shady Allie

Rescued Ally
Kid's suck. Every time I'm playing state of decay my kid sneaks up behind me and zombie jump scares my neck. So much so that I have to set up a small mirror to catch him in the act.
He now sneak thiefs across the floor in non reflective vampire mode.

Okay. He is awesome really. It is truely horrifying when he waits for a feral pounce to execute his zombie neck bite.

NanaGamer

Missing Survivor
Time or lack there of. I retired early after working for 30 years at a University (started when I was 18). So I thought I'd have oodles of time to do more baking, reading and other hobbies, nope. I've never been busier! I wasn't doing too bad until last month when I started driving my grandkids to various functions, all 7 of them. Don't get me wrong, I love them bunches and my time with them is great but my game time has diminished and I haven't baked in 2 weeks. I'm ready to create a schedule so I can pencil in Nana time, I'm serious. This is so much like a job lol!

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
Seems dodgy that they'd prioritize drive-thru to that extent, how is that decent customer service?
Lil Caesars has started doing this, Ill see 5+ cars in the drive thru and no-one standing in-line inside, so I walk in for expected quick service, but nope. I have to wait for all the cars in the drive thru before the cashier can give me any attention, unless there is a full staff there. (very rarely)
Lately ive just been walking up to the drive thru window on foot and handling my order there, if they say anything, I straight up tell them, "if I walked up inside, you just make me wait for whoever was at the damn window." and its sadly true.