The Little Niggles Thread.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
So I’m 18 (probably doesn’t matter) but jeez I feel like they’re listening to the kids than the adults. I hate the new style, I feel like I’m a walking tank, there’s too much fantasy than dread. What next? A makeshift dildo from Se7en? Fucking Instagram and Snapshit
Makeshift dildo? Hey that's a great idea, UL can throw some Saint's Row in there too. I mean, there was a Zombie area in SR3 so that MUST mean it's a viable thing to model SoD2 after right?

Mad Dog Kelso

Alamo Rookie
Didn't most of us agree waaay back in 2013 that the random stealth-kill cinemactic was millions of light-years BEYOND annoying and that its absence in SoD 2 would be just peachy keen?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Instead, UL doubled down and made it MORE obnoxious. And minus the good graces to even make it optional.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Got a mission to kill bloaters, which caused ZERO bloaters to spawn on the entire map (including the mission waypoint). So after about an hour of wandering around I decided to get the mission-giver killed to end the mission.
Yeah, pretty hit and miss. They'll either spawn or not spawn. If they do spawn, the location where the quest giver tells you they're at, might spawn them inside a mountain or outside the map.
:cautious:

Burzum

Rescued Ally
Same here. Exactly the same.
Had it a few times AND something else i found that needs exploiting before they fix it....

Take your survivor with stealth, dont crouch, stand up, and run, hit the LB and sprint, now release the LB...

...you're still sprinting....and your staminas refilling.

Nice. Lol

Yeah, pretty hit and miss. They'll either spawn or not spawn. If they do spawn, the location where the quest giver tells you they're at, might spawn them inside a mountain or outside the map.
:cautious:
...which led me to another niggle, after the mission giver was killed... I couldn't loot the body.

Got a mission to kill bloaters, which caused ZERO bloaters to spawn on the entire map (including the mission waypoint).
By chance was the mission related to the new zed consumables? I've had a few of those go sideways for precisely the same reason. I've stopped accepting them because I don't really use those items and with a 50/50 shot of it triggering wrong, they're not worth the effort.

Had a reverse niggle earlier today. Last night I accepted a Red Talon mission only for it to glitch out. Upon arriving at the location (which was outdoors) I witnessed several zeds and a Bloater spawn on top of the poor guy. Many of you are likely familiar with the outstandingly stupid AI that refuses to leave the gas clouds. In this case it lead to the agent's death. Oh well, so sad. I looted his copse and shut the game off for the night.

Upon booting today, I found him alive and well and ready to ask for my help. A quick check of my inventory showed all the loot from yesterday was still there. So, got some free stuff. :)

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
By chance was the mission related to the new zed consumables? I've had a few of those go sideways for precisely the same reason. I've stopped accepting them because I don't really use those items and with a 50/50 shot of it triggering wrong, they're not worth the effort.

Had a reverse niggle earlier today. Last night I accepted a Red Talon mission only for it to glitch out. Upon arriving at the location (which was outdoors) I witnessed several zeds and a Bloater spawn on top of the poor guy. Many of you are likely familiar with the outstandingly stupid AI that refuses to leave the gas clouds. In this case it lead to the agent's death. Oh well, so sad. I looted his copse and shut the game off for the night.

Upon booting today, I found him alive and well and ready to ask for my help. A quick check of my inventory showed all the loot from yesterday was still there. So, got some free stuff. :)
Yep. Also, for anyone who doesn't know, you can force the game to spawn a near infinite amount of free vehicles if you keep ignoring the 'Aunt's Bug Out Vehicle' and 'Fast Cars' personal side missions. All you have to do is locate the vehicle when it spawns and drive it home and park it in a parking spot.

When the mission re-pings, the game will spawn another vehicle, each time with a trunk full of loot (gas can, repair kit, snacks, etc).

I believe this also works with the new zed hunter mission where the stranded survivor asks you to loot a cargo van and kill a juggernaut.

Yep. Also, for anyone who doesn't know, you can force the game to spawn a near infinite amount of free vehicles if you keep ignoring the 'Aunt's Bug Out Vehicle' and 'Fast Cars' personal side missions. All you have to do is locate the vehicle when it spawns and drive it home and park it in a parking spot.

When the mission re-pings, the game will spawn another vehicle, each time with a trunk full of loot (gas can, repair kit, snacks, etc).

I believe this also works with the new zed hunter mission where the stranded survivor asks you to loot a cargo van and kill a juggernaut.
It does, though it is more hit and miss as the mission isn't labelled until you talk to the npc. Also works with the mechanics first mission (retrieve the construction materials from a wrecked Norma)

Burzum

Rescued Ally
They need to impliment something to make sure if you stick a waypoint on or choose an untimed mission that the damn mission stays there.

Im sick to death of doing that and getting 3/4 of the way across the map to find whatever it was i was going for has disappeared into thin air without absolutely any explanation whatsoever.

Burzum

Rescued Ally
Out of curiosity I looked up the achievement in question and according to the listed stats, only 25.68% of players have unlocked it. Are you on PC or console?
Console, and you're right, i was looking through alot of them and couldnt believe how low the %'s were hence me getting it wrong.

Maybe its just me but doesnt killing 1000 zombies seem like something youd really have to struggle NOT to do?!!?

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Console, and you're right, i was looking through alot of them and couldnt believe how low the %'s were hence me getting it wrong.

Maybe its just me but doesnt killing 1000 zombies seem like something youd really have to struggle NOT to do?!!?
Just a theory, but I'd think that the gamepass thingy kills the stats. Anyone who installs the game would count towards the total percentile, even if they never play or only play for ten seconds.

8 minutes 47 seconds. Four Combat Skill stars gained. And over 300 Influence points accumulated.

Those are the numbers relative to clearing a non-mission-related Fire Station. And I'm not even finished. I paused the game to write this post.

Who the fuck can say this game is hard while keeping a straight face? And the next person at UL who utters the phrase "Safe Zone" in anything other than a sneeringly ironic tone should be canned forthwith.

I thought the system might be segregating the PC and Console stats based on your earlier answer.
8 minutes 47 seconds. Four Combat Skill stars gained. And over 300 Influence points accumulated.
Overall, I love the beefier hordes but with as easy as it was to earn exp. and influence, UL really should've rebalanced those systems to account for the greater zed density. At least before it took roughly an hour to go from zero to hero; now it's possible to have a highly leveled character in under half the time.