The Little Niggles Thread.

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
The speed. Yes this has been mentioned before. Before this latest patch the only Zed you could not, at least, keep pace with is the feral.
I didn't run into any pre-patch, but in a straight line over the last couple weeks, I've had jugs run down my people twice. Was this another speed increase, or were they always Slightly faster in one direction?

Shinzou

Missing Survivor
I didn't run into any pre-patch, but in a straight line over the last couple weeks, I've had jugs run down my people twice. Was this another speed increase, or were they always Slightly faster in one direction?
When they are charging, yes they are faster than your character, which is why you should have the dodge button ready. However, they get exhausted quickly, and that is when you strike... remember to dodge. Or take them out with ranged weapons.

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
When they are charging, yes they are faster than your character, which is why you should have the dodge button ready. However, they get exhausted quickly, and that is when you strike... remember to dodge. Or take them out with ranged weapons.
With a CQC knife is better. Similar damage to the best bladed weapon (not counting low slice) and then it is just stick to him like warm butter and honey, getting out his way every few seconds and stick, stick, stick, stick, dodge. Stick, stick, stick. Goes down. Pony ride on the back and done.

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
I hate self sufficient bases. It becomes boring and repetitive as you go through the motions of working towards increasing your days survived. No real point in surviving long term though, which is unfortunate. I think a return to some Breakdown Challenge type restrictions are in order, because as much as I love State Of Decay I feel boredom setting in a lot lately.

I hate self sufficient bases. It becomes boring and repetitive as you go through the motions of working towards increasing your days survived. No real point in surviving long term though, which is unfortunate. I think a return to some Breakdown Challenge type restrictions are in order, because as much as I love State Of Decay I feel boredom setting in a lot lately.
It is called killing off your heroes. And replacing them with new ones.

Shinzou

Missing Survivor
Minor to medium niggle:

If you actually set out to fortify/protect your shoddy base walls/entrances by parking cars so that the Zeds can't storm the weak spots, one of two things will happen. Either a random teleported in Juggernaut will destroy a couple of your cars, OR one of then (close to the main gate usually) will be teleported away as to provide a point of entry in case of siege. Not cool, i mean if you do not provide us the means to fortify the defenses itself, why punish us if we find a way around...

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Major Niggle:

So infestations STILL sometimes spawn in mountains, making it impossible to finish some missions. Not cool.
Not just mountains. I reported in another thread last night that an infestation spawned inside a water tank in my current game on Drucker Co.

I've also encountered other missions today where a researcher will ask you to kill bloaters for the gas launcher. Well, needless to say, the bloaters spawned in mountains and shipping containers.

Edit:
Forgot to add my newest niggle: Too many hordes in this latest patch.

I like that hordes are bigger, but Christ, we don't need more hordes! I'm spending too much time clearing hordes and infestations. Not even a minute later after killing one, another pops up.

Last edited:
Not just mountains. I reported in another thread last night that an infestation spawned inside a water tank in my current game on Drucker Co.

I've also encountered other missions today where a researcher will ask you to kill bloaters for the gas launcher. Well, needless to say, the bloaters spawned in mountains and shipping containers.

Edit:
Forgot to add my newest niggle: Too many hordes in this latest patch.

I like that hordes are bigger, but Christ, we don't need more hordes! I'm spending too much time clearing hordes and infestations. Not even a minute later after killing one, another pops up.
Had a juggy spawn inside a shipping container... it's foot would pierce the side every once in a while. Hit with a .50 cal. After a couple shots managed to get it to double over... stood at the spot right behind foot/leg and piggy backed it which glitched it ontop of the container and me piggy backing it.

As for other impossible zeds... get as close to them as you can and use the stuck radio option.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
"I took a drive to clear my head . . ." -2 Fuel

Well no, actually, you didn't . . . since you and I are both on foot on the other side of the map from our base. That ranks right up there with people starting fights at home when they are likewise with me on the other side of the map. Programming genius, I say!

Kedryn

Rescued Ally

Well no, actually, you didn't . . . since you and I are both on foot on the other side of the map from our base. That ranks right up there with people starting fights at home when they are likewise with me on the other side of the map. Programming genius, I say!
I miss being able to add conditions to some of the events via modding on my own.

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
I miss being able to add conditions to some of the events via modding on my own.
'You used the real way of playing and survived 70 days, crossed multiple maps and then you just had enough of the resources going missing from no reason at all' -mods.

The repeating save broke my game and broke my will to play properly. Time consumed doing nothing repeatdly... with a wife that still has bad memories of my depression from Breakdown.

9,999 resources and I have never bothered with surplus resources. Cause even with 9,999 I still will lose - 2 -3 or a couple -1 every few minutes.

Lost roughly 700 conmats due to walls and them getting wet. Still get my locker flooded with Rebars. But food, meds and ammo are going at a much better rate... despite the fact that they should be self sustaining.

I love the game. But as I have said before Patch 5.0 should have been with the game from start.

Patch 1.0; Patch 2.0; Patch 3.0 and even Patch 4.0 were all plasters compared to the surgery that was 5.0

The game beautiful and well thought of... in my mind. But now closing in on 80,000 Zed kills... 1,500 Ferals 1,500+ Juggies. The only thing to do is survive till all my resources run dry.

Turned off the mods, cheats and spend my time now going around giving away Patch 5.0 weapons and ammo.

Still encountering people that STILL HAVE NOT figured out to transfer from trunk to locker with RT or T...

This is my biggest heart break about SoD 2. The core is gone. And casuals... far too many.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
Really like the way most of the military survivors seem to have been removed from the pool - and the ones that are left make REMFs look like the pride of JSOC.

And thank you so much for wrecking NPC followers, UL. Because what I really want followers to do when I take them into the field with me is back slowly away from the zeds or stand on top of the damned car. Anything but, you know, engage the zeds . . .

But, hey, on the bright side, it's still a major pain to talk to anyone in an enclave, since they're all running around like ritalin addicts, what with zeds hurtling through the doors and windows every two seconds. Even better now that you've decided to go back to beaming zeds in out of thin air. So go ahead, indulge your inner Scotty; I mean, why should safe zones actually be safe?

phil

Rescued Ally

That has happened to me on a few occasions.

Character a started a fight with character b. character a is with me as you have found out.

Also, when are they going to send the followers back to school to get Intelligence??

I think AI for the followers should be re-named AS, Artificial Stupidity

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Niggle: People in Multiplayer or Looking for Group sessions, I swear the new people are not paying attention to the core mechanics and just go all out rambo. They ask for too much things too such as modded weapons and all those 999 items. They pretend they are from Microsoft or UL, they haven't played the first one(My niggle).
One session that I had today involved me playing after taking a break from the game a bit to find a LFG session to do, this one 18 year old girl needed help, I figured it would be easy as hell. I join up and the party is full of us four in her session. as we were progressively trying to help her, she just left us to do the work for her and I saw it first before anyone else could, I told these guys that she was wasting our time as she's a so called "gamer" because all she did was talk about how her ex broke up with her doing some other girl and how she was gonna get her revenge by doing the same and I said "Yo, you are either gonna play and quit talking about your useless ex, or just quit playing and wasting our time"

I swear, I want to run my own YouTube channel and do guides so that these newbies can learn and adapt quickly than wasting everyone's time. Even if it involves me buying a capture card and Sony Vegas/Filmora, I can do it.

I'm not saying all noobs are bad, just be humble and listen to the pros. I don't come out to be disrespectful, I just hate how people can be rhetorical.
End Niggle.