The Little Niggles Thread.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
This has just happened to me, AGAIN. The main character is out scouting, I enlist a follower. With me so far! On the way back to base a message lets me know that the follower has started a fight at base.

I have very little programming experience but, maybe something on the lines of:

If character or follower = out then no-fight
if home-base = 1 or 0 then no-fight
Yeah that happened to me before but the game broke to the point where the follower kept running away from me and it was saying how they spilled yet again another gasoline container. It was weird because I completely forgot that I had someone following me until I finally got back to my base and they suddenly decided to stop running away.

Tethering niggle — If you hop in a car right as you're being tethered, there's a good chance you'll teleport with the vehicle (as intended), but find your camera locked inside the vehicle, with the controls frozen (not planned?), and have to leave the game to fix it. :rolleyes:
Keyboard and mouse then use controller. This is the work around for me (on PC though)

The main character is out scouting, I enlist a follower. With me so far! On the way back to base a message lets me know that the follower has started a fight at base.
This has happened to me several times. On the flip-side, you'll also have followers bringing back random items while they were "out".
Happened to me again on a new game. As you know it does impact on the Morale level on the community.
I've extremely limited programming experience but this strikes me as something that should be able to be patched. One of those if/then scenarios like you described in your first post.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Stuff like that happens in SoD1, too. A runner, far from home somehow shoots someone at home. Like, how is that even possible. Or your follower gets into a punch up with someone at home then suddenly they're limping, ridiculous.
For the fighting, if it's a screaming match I just say they did it over the radio rather than the impossible face to face.

Some things haven't changed, I see :(

phil

Rescued Ally
Stuff like that happens in SoD1, too. A runner, far from home somehow shoots someone at home. Like, how is that even possible. Or your follower gets into a punch up with someone at home then suddenly they're limping, ridiculous.
For the fighting, if it's a screaming match I just say they did it over the radio rather than the impossible face to face.

Some things haven't changed, I see :(
That is what I got told, verbal abuse. I was under the impression that a fight is physical.

Niggle — I volunteered for co-op last night, the game loaded me into the final mission for Sheriff's Legacy. My character spawned ON THE ROOF, with three hostiles. Two of them whittled half my health away before I even had control of my character. The only reason I survived is because I was immediately kicked by the host.

TACKED. ON.

Shinzou

Missing Survivor
Niggle - when you build the Red Talon Watchtower at the Strip Mall in Drucker, in the only small outside slot, it faces the wrong way. Two of the guards are staring at the mall itself, while only one is looking out to the front right. Kind of. It needs to be flipped 180 degrees, or at least 90 degrees to the left.

Niggle - when you build the Red Talon Watchtower at the Strip Mall in Drucker, in the only small outside slot, it faces the wrong way. Two of the guards are staring at the mall itself, while only one is looking out to the front right. Kind of. It needs to be flipped 180 degrees, or at least 90 degrees to the left.
Tower Guard A: ...ZOMBIES INCOMING!

::bang! bang! rat-at-at! boom! pew! pew! ka-pew! p-p-p-p-p-ewwwww! boom!::

Tower Guard A: CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!!!

::smoke clears::

Tower Guard A: ....fffffuuuuuuuuuck... sorry guys. False alarm. It's just the fucking wall again.

Tower Guard B: ...that sneaky-ass wall...

Tower Guard C: (ಠ_ಠ)

Ammo Resource: [ -2 ]

Bulletmaker: (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

Last edited:

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie

Tower Guard A: ...ZOMBIES INCOMING!

::bang! bang! rat-at-at! boom! pew! pew! ka-pew! p-p-p-p-p-ewwwww! boom!::

Tower Guard A: CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!!!

::smoke clears::

Tower Guard A: ....fffffuuuuuuuuuck... sorry guys. False alarm. It's just the fucking wall again.

Tower Guard B: ...that sneaky-ass wall...

Tower Guard C: (ಠ_ಠ)

Ammo Resource: [ -2 ]

Bulletmaker: (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

Those sneaky zombies bastards might spawn a horde on the roof so you have to keep on guard and be ready for anything......but not real sure why you need 2 people watch the roof :unsure: But better safe than sorry I always say lol

Shinzou

Missing Survivor
Those sneaky zombies bastards might spawn a horde on the roof so you have to keep on guard and be ready for anything......but not real sure why you need 2 people watch the roof :unsure: But better safe than sorry I always say lol
Well, there are guards on the roof anyway, which SHOULD function as towers already, but yeah, no, they don't. they actually are doing nothing up there. Maybe it is a show of inherent distrust among my people. "You up there, what are you up to? I am watching you!"

Have to check the other bases, if i remember correctly the Red Talon Watchtower also kind of faces the wrong way if you build it at the first home upper left slot. At least then it is only one survivor facing the home balcony ;)

Edit:

I just realized this may be fridge brilliance after all. Red Talon, through the radio cast storyline, is presented to us as being an oppressive force even forcing people into slavery... so maybe the tower is not designed to protect from the Zeds, but rather keep an eye on the inmates?

Last edited:

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Well, there are guards on the roof anyway, which SHOULD function as towers already, but yeah, no, they don't. they actually are doing nothing up there. Maybe it is a show of inherent distrust among my people. "You up there, what are you up to? I am watching you!"

Have to check the other bases, if i remember correctly the Red Talon Watchtower also kind of faces the wrong way if you build it at the first home upper left slot. At least then it is only one survivor facing the home balcony ;)

Edit:

I just realized this may be fridge brilliance after all. Red Talon, through the radio cast storyline, is presented to us as being an oppressive force even forcing people into slavery... so maybe the tower is not designed to protect from the Zeds, but rather keep an eye on the inmates?
My group of misfits are at strip mall and guards on the roof are a waste once you build it up cause all that stuff in the way. Now if they would engage zombies at max gun range they would be super useful :) That does sound like RT put 2 guards on the roof then have 2 of your most loyal people watch them to make sure they are doing their job lol

phil

Rescued Ally
Niggle: I've been grabbed and have my health getting depleted by nomming zeds. My follower just stands there watching. He's within melee range. Doesn't do a blessed thing. And now 3 more zeds are munching me.

Oh, NOW you hit them after I've downed them. And did you shoot the other 7 approaching? No!
They are just standing there picking flowers or their nose while you have your fans surrounding aksing for their pound of flesh, As you have notices, they start to have a 'whack' when you are bashing the brains out of the last one. Cheers for all your help

phil

Rescued Ally
The speed. Yes this has been mentioned before. Before this latest patch the only Zed you could not, at least, keep pace with is the feral. Now, it is open season on you. Also, the speed of the hit with one hand or the dual down swipe with two is much faster. I suppose it does keep on alert.