The Little Niggles Thread.

phil

Missing Survivor
Never got that one, Uncle Phil. But I've heard tell about it. (*full body shudder)
I get that all the time. I have plenty of resources to run this game, so it can't be that. It allso happens when I had the monitor power saving active when I walk away. ARGGGggghhhhh

I did not buy nearly enough ammo I could have gotten during the unlimited resale glitch of Update 3.0...

I now have to make thousands of rounds... time consuming waste of my life... at least it is not stacks of 30 each time. But almost double that from producing it.

I did not buy nearly enough ammo I could have gotten during the unlimited resale glitch of Update 3.0...

I now have to make thousands of rounds... time consuming waste of my life... at least it is not stacks of 30 each time. But almost double that from producing it.
Yep. It would appear the days of quickly stacking up on 10 to 15 thousand rounds of ammo are effectively over. 😢

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
Half niggle/half "this is bullshit"...

Not being able to select your map when you start a game. I'm on my fourth game, plus two other communities, so 6 games total...still haven't seen the third map. BS! :mad:
Which one have you not seen? I start communities for about an hour before I get bored or decide I don't like them anymore and restart. Probably 9 times out of 10 I get Drucker county, which is my least favorite map. Meagher valley is the map I get ultra rarely which makes perfect sense because it's my favorite map. :cautious: With Cascade hills being more often than the valley but still pretty rarely. I think they messed up the RNG somewhere with the maps in one of the updates.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
I've had Drucker and Meagher Valley. Cascade Hills has eluded me thus far. Like you, Drucker is by far the most common and I'm tired of it. I've only used legacy characters since I completed my first game, so I don't wanna just off a group to try and get Cascade Hills.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
That you lose an extra outpost for no reason when removing the signal antenna to install the network signal booster. I usually remove outpost 5 uninstall the signal antenna after that is done the game abandons outpost #4 too for some stupid reason.

I was finishing a community last night so I abandoned outpost 2 and 6 to make 2 open spots for when I removed the network booster. I uninstalled it and the game took away my outpost 5 and empty spot 6. The 5 seconds later it abandoned my outpost 4 too. So instead of 4 outposts I end up with 2 and 2 open spots. It didn't matter since I was swimming in influence and finishing the game anyway but now that you only get half of your influence back when abandoning an outpost that could pose an issue if it happens when you are strapped for influence.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Half niggle/half "this is bullshit"...

Not being able to select your map when you start a game. I'm on my fourth game, plus two other communities, so 6 games total...still haven't seen the third map. BS! :mad:
Are you talking about when you pick 3 random survivors? I thought that you get to pick which map you start on if you play the tutorial?

It would be so less obnoxious and time-consuming if I could dress my survivors the way I fucking want to!!!!!

Better still if I could choose all their (main) skills AND dress them the way I want.

Why? Because UL has made it their mission to ensure 8/10 Survivors either look like ass or are dressed like ass . . . or both.

Soooo, that means I must spend (literally dozens of) hours scouring the land, seeking out those tediously rare Survivors who are a) easy on the eyes and b) who actually look like they're dressed for a long-term war against the zeds.

I hope in SoD 3, UL dislodges its head from its ass and includes a cloths-customization option . . . like, oh, I don't know, EVERY OTHER MODERN RPG DOES!

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Are you talking about when you pick 3 random survivors? I thought that you get to pick which map you start on if you play the tutorial?
I've only used legacy characters since I completed my first game, so I don't wanna just off a group to try and get Cascade Hills.
I picked a map for the tutorial, legacy characters since then, so no map selection for me. And, hell no, I don't want to do the tutorial again. Blargh, didn't enjoy it, just used it to get my feet wet and then bailed on it asap.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Why don't you use the command center to switch maps?
My biggest complaint/gripe about 2 is plague hearts. Hate, loathe, despise the whole concept and execution. Just irritates the hell outta me. I'd rather wipe 'em out, enjoy taking my time without plague zombies all over the damned place and end my game when I feel like it then to have to endure two maps worth of them.

Goonie

Missing Survivor
My biggest complaint/gripe about 2 is plague hearts. Hate, loathe, despise the whole concept and execution. Just irritates the hell outta me. I'd rather wipe 'em out, enjoy taking my time without plague zombies all over the damned place and end my game when I feel like it then to have to endure two maps worth of them.
You don't have to clear out the plague hearts before you move. Just upgrade your command center ASAP and leave whenever.