The Little Niggles Thread.

I hate to say it but where the fuck is the next patch? I'm tired of the game infinatly saving, I just want to progress than just reverting to where I have started.
Sorry for your shitty situation. I've not heard anythign offical but I'd imagine it will be in the next week or two. The next patch will be eliminating the colonial and red coat zeds and I don't think they'll leave those in the game much longer.

So I actually had someone die last night, a little too close to a drone strike. Switched characters and ran over to where he died but there was no body. I was like "What the hell? He had my best gun" then went back to the locker to load up the other character only to find the dead guy's gear had conveniently been deposited in the locker when he died.

I'm sure this would be the exact opposite of an issue for most people, but seriously? Having to go and retrieve the belongings of people who had died was a core feature of SoD. What the hell is up with this gear being teleported into the locker shit? Talk about catering to the lowest common denominator.....man, this is seriously weak.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
So I actually had someone die last night, a little too close to a drone strike. Switched characters and ran over to where he died but there was no body. I was like "What the hell? He had my best gun" then went back to the locker to load up the other character only to find the dead guy's gear had conveniently been deposited in the locker when he died.

I'm sure this would be the exact opposite of an issue for most people, but seriously? Having to go and retrieve the belongings of people who had died was a core feature of SoD. What the hell is up with this gear being teleported into the locker shit? Talk about catering to the lowest common denominator.....man, this is seriously weak.
Hmm that's odd cause when the red bunny girl (the love of my life) died I had to recover her stuff. ..maybe the last patch fucked it up

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Hmm that's odd cause when the red bunny girl (the love of my life) died I had to recover her stuff. ..maybe the last patch fucked it up
Maybe if the body is vaporized or otherwise lost the items are just teleported into your locker?

Sometimes when they turn, you would have to kill them and get the gear.
I have a spot. A little ways off...

Where I have taken 3 survivors to... and gotten then killed on the exact same spot. And I have three icons for "survivor's corpse"

But No items, No corpse, and nothing in their inventory except rusty screw driver or kitcken knife.

This is one of the things that irritates me the most. SoD1 if you quick searched and made noise it would only bring in zombies that already existed, it didn't spawn a horde of new ones out of nowhere (at least that's my recollection of how it worked), but in SoD2? I made noise searching a gas pump, I had an outpost in the Tartan Mart next door that was close enough to see. What happened? Zombies spawned INSIDE THE DAMN OUTPOST and came pouring out of the windows.

Dafuq is this shit?
It's exactly that: shit.

Pure, unsullied, unmitigated shit.

In fact, the zed-spawning mechanic UL implemented in SoD 2 may, for me, be the worst thing about the entire game. The cocksucker insults me on at least two levels.

First, it punishes me . . . for playing smartly. And I do mean smartly, as I play it the same way I play Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell and Hitman. I meticulously plan my actions and then execute same with extreme, verging-on-paranoidal caution. (I can all but guarantee you that I'm one of the most cautious, deliberate, and tactical players you've ever met . . . or will ever meet. Anyone who watched me play State of Decay could have only one of two reactions -- either blow their brains on the wall out of sheer boredom; or ecstatically spray their Underoos every couple of minutes out of sheer admiration. There ain't no in-between.)

And second, every time these idiot shit-spawns occur, I hear the loud slurps of Undead Labs deep-throating their darling mass of newly-acquired "three-million" casuals (the ones who adore uber-spawning zombies, because uber-spawning zombies allow them to brag about how many they've run over, or set on fire, or decapitated with an electrified machete), which in turn reminds me (rather painfully) of just how far UL has carelessly (even joyously) strayed from their original vision. (Although, in fairness to UL, I'm sure it was some vain corporate prick with about as much creative sense as a genital wart who ultimately made the "uber-spawning zombie" call.)

So yeah, the idiot zed-spawning mechanic is shit.

Last edited:
Zeds spawn constantly with short cooldown piss me off. It would take a day or two in SOD1 for them to reset. They also can spawn in tiny area too, in Drucker Country map, if you make outpost on the warehouse south of your starter base, and a few more in front of it, you'll have very tiny triangle that isn't covered and bloody group of zed can spawn in that tiny zone. It annoy me to no end.

I actually had someone die last night, a little too close to a drone strike.
This happened to me as well but in such a strange way that I'm sure it's a glitch. I called in the strike, but it failed to arrive. As my avatar was planning on using the strike to kill a heart it became necessary to retreat and acquire better gear. However, as soon as I moved away from the location a message popped up declaring the plague heart dead and in the same instant my avatar crumpled to the ground and turned.
"What the hell? He had my best gun" then went back to the locker to load up the other character only to find the dead guy's gear had conveniently been deposited in the locker when he died.
This seems more like a mechanic that covers up a body disappearing than a convenience feature. I've lost two(?) maybe three members across a couple of communities and in all instances, if I wanted their equipment I had to go get it.
They also can spawn in tiny area too, in Drucker Country map, if you make outpost on the warehouse south of your starter base, and a few more in front of it, you'll have very tiny triangle that isn't covered and bloody group of zed can spawn in that tiny zone.
To be fair, Zeds could spawn like that in SoD as well but the problem is far worse in SoD2 as the spawn rate is so much higher.

Zeds spawn constantly with short cooldown piss me off. It would take a day or two in SOD1 for them to reset. They also can spawn in tiny area too, in Drucker Country map, if you make outpost on the warehouse south of your starter base, and a few more in front of it, you'll have very tiny triangle that isn't covered and bloody group of zed can spawn in that tiny zone. It annoy me to no end.
That little triangle, 300 rounds of .22 and you have a whale of a time. Devilette and the loudest possible gun mod... 29,000 (exactly) zed kills

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
The nonsensical placement of enclaves is really irritating me. I have mentioned before about finding them living in a shed, three people jammed into a tiny building, while directly next to a house. Well, yesterday I found one even stupider... three people standing around at the base of a cell tower... directly next to a Tartan Mart.

I think they entirely forgot to put any sort of location validation in the enclave spawning process.

The nonsensical placement of enclaves is really irritating me. I have mentioned before about finding them living in a shed, three people jammed into a tiny building, while directly next to a house. Well, yesterday I found one even stupider... three people standing around at the base of a cell tower... directly next to a Tartan Mart.

I think they entirely forgot to put any sort of location validation in the enclave spawning process.
I had a good one the other day. 3 guys in one of the blockades at a 3 way intersection, with absolutely nothing around. Every time I'd drive past there would be zombies scattered around the area and they'd start shooting, drawing in even more.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally

yeah there some dumb ones
have an enclave living in a shed next to a house with a plague heart in it, smart

then ofcourse theres the most intelligent of all enclaves, the ones that move into an infestation :rolleyes:

yeah there some dumb ones
have an enclave living in a shed next to a house with a plague heart in it, smart

then ofcourse theres the most intelligent of all enclaves, the ones that move into an infestation :rolleyes:
I blame UL for that, I've run across plenty of infested enclaves but each time the infestation had appeared after the Enclave was moved in.

Though I have to say it really pisses me off when an enlcave moves into a home site. I wanted to move to Camp Kalenqua instead of the cop shop in my current game but there was an enclave set up in it. To make it worse it was one of the "story" enclaves that don't have missions that time out, they just sit there until you do them and make them allied.

So I had what must have been the most amusing quest glitch I've encountered earlier today. Keeping in mind, I've played Oblivion, Skyrim, and several Fallout titles.

My current game spawned the story enclaves that asks bizarre favors like shooting off a zed's legs or arms. Today the mission came up where they ask me to kill a bunch of Screamers so they can retrieve their dead friend. This mission is familiar to me so I know what to expect. Basically, kill the freaks but don't touch their buddy.

Only this time said buddy isn't cooperating. The dude ain't dead, and in point of fact, is quite the badass. The first time the mission popped I found him capping zeds left and right amidst multiple hordes. Together we even managed to down a Jug that came to investigate the three Screamers going off at once. When the last zombie had been decapitated he ran off towards home and that was the end of the mission.

Here I was thinking, "cool mission variety."

Perhaps twenty minutes later the enclave calls me back. Same spiel about retrieving their dead comrade, how he deserves to be brought home, blah blah blah. They send me back to the same building and once again, dude aint dead. Though this time no Screamers or hordes make an appearance. Presumably he killed them all before I got there. Dude's just chilling on top the counter, waiting for me.

This time though he shows no inclination to head back, though the mission does update and tells me to report back to the enclave. So I do, and my avatar tell their leader the job is done. He thanks me and sends me on my way.

Mission does not respawn a third time. Personally, I think the dude realized he was with crazy and decided to get out while the getting was good.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
There are four stages to a plague Heart
Assault: this is when you arrive for the first or other time you show up
1st phase: gas is released and zeds spawn outside
2nd phase: just like the first but the heart is almost out
near death: a few zeds just spawn trying to stop you
destroyed: all plague zeds die from the heart.

Screamers are like gunshots, yet they're ineffective because the scream circle only activates in the beginning and the end instead of always.

no suppressors on revolvers or shotgun?