The Little Niggles Thread.

Okay, this thread is for those little things that annoy you in SoD2. Not actual bugs, but things that could easily be fixed with an update.

Example — The names of the buildings appear on the map, but they don't appear in the outpost description on the home base screen. So if you have two food outposts, you can't tell which is which.

Remember when UL fixed that issue in SoD1? Cuz apparently UL doesn't remember....
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Last edited:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Ok

This thread is for those little things that annoy you in SoD2. Not actual bugs, but things that could easily be fixed with an update.

Example:

The names of the buildings appear on the map, but they don't appear in the outpost description on the home base screen. So if you have two food outposts, you can't tell which is which.
I dislike the new UI altogether. I was trying to grab ammo out of my locker, and started freaking out because I thought that the game had bugged out. No, the black and gray scheme just makes it incredibly difficult to see anything.

Also can't stand the Community tab. It doesn't tell you what the survivors are equipped with anymore, nor does it give you a quick glance of their mood anymore.

Vanilla

Rescued Ally
Good thread idea @CaptainAssassin . I for one can't stand inventory to supply locker management. When moving down to deposit something from my rucksack it goes back and forth between the two and with the addition of @Gmutant's complaint i don't realize what i'm selecting. I'm playing on Xbone so i don't know if PC users have issue with inventory management.

...it's harder to tell the ammo apart is that they show a pile of ammo instead of just the single cartridge, like first game did.
I'm going to use Aguila Ammo as reference here, because they recently updated their packaging— see how this box of 9mm has a BIGASS number nine on the side? It's big and glossy and it draws the eye TO. THE. CALIBER. Good job, Aguila.

They could definitely update the bullet art to emphasize the caliber. Hey Undead Labs.... ((points at box))

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
Nighttime is too dark. I liked it at first but I don't want to mess with my tv setting just for this game. It's also not realistic at all. The moonlight apparently is just a spotlight that's on you the whole time. It illuminates like a 10 foot radius around you but past that it's pitch black. That's not how light works UL. :rolleyes:

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I hate that NPC you are trying to get a talk to run off when you are talking to them. Happens with traders too, although you stay in the trade screen.

I was trying to talk to a mechanic enclave about a mission and the dude kept running off in the horse stable they were using. I had to keep jumping the fence to chase him and the climbing animation is beyond slow so he kept getting away. He ran me around in circles for 2 minutes.