Survivor Updates - What's happening with your group?

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
My break down team is finally ready to start pushing through the levels.
Let's hope I can keep the core team together as I rush.

Gurubani - ninja reflexes
Amelia Crasman - powerhouse
My army medic, Sprang Tshirt girl
My xbox girl - Lyanna Carter
My chef - Heather Laurie
My artillery babes - Diane Montressor

I am trying to decide what to do with Alicia Hawkes, probably my favourite char from lifeline, but with 1 star in leadership, there really isn't a need for her. Maybe I'll switch her with Lyanna

I've got medic, construction, fitness, cooking & leadership, along with artillery. I never use gardening or chemistry and all my research is done from previous levels.

Any other girls that would make my team better suited to rushing BD ?

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
Sam for your someone is in trouble type missions. Fire shotgun, reflexes, fashion sense. I also like that dual trait lady with counseling / leadership, but she’s random. She is one of the Team Mom survivors.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Any other girls that would make my team better suited to rushing BD ?
I'd say Team Mom, but maybe not if you've already got your team together. I use her to recruit and keep the peace at the early unstable stages.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Yup, Team Mom is about the only thing that would make it any easier if you're rushing, works wonders for keeping fights at home to a minimum so you won't really have to worry about morale.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Interesting, never used the Team Mom that much in the past. Maybe I'm missing something.

I could always stock up on enough arty to take Team Mom for leadership. I can then restock whenever I found Motressor or Tan.

I might even have a team mom, actually. I remember counseling on a random, not sure about the leadership. I'm on a restock round, so I'm sitting with 18 peeps. I'll have a look.

Thanks guys.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Got the day off today, so I'm gonna play YOSE most of the day. Should be able to get my crew on to level 40 without any trouble (thanks to recently removing the Influence reset by Fame mechanic. Annoying to play for a few hours, get my influence up and then have it all gone when I come back to play a few days later).

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Made it to level 40 on Friday, never did say who my crew was, so here they are...

Lily Ritter (Playable) Cleo Machete/UMP Pro - Edged/Low Slice and Focus Aim
Tucker Branson (Medic) Royal Igorot Axe/416D - Assault/Focus Aim, Spin Kick/Pro Wrestling
Austin Franco (Cook/Gardner) Telescoping Baton/CLEO HCQB - Blunt/Spinning Backhand, Focus Aim
Lexi Long (Construct/Fitness) Kukri/MPX - Edged/Low slice, Focus Aim(need to change firearm 'cause MPX sucks for this)
YojimBeau (SHG) Telescoping Baton/CLEO HCQB None(yet)/Focus Aim, Sweep kick/Pro Wrestling
Amelia Crasman (Badass) Kanabo/A12 Custom Shotgun/Rage, Spin kick/Pro Wrestling
Catherine Hood (Leader/Counsel) CLEO Cra-B/AK47 Custom Blunt/Spinning Backhand, Focus Aim

Every stat that can be increased has been maxed out. No clue why I haven't spec'd SHG yet, didn't even realize it until I went to note all of the stats. Obviously I have my preferred specials and in some cases (Focus Aim) I go with it just cause I'm not impressed with the other options. Anyways...just cleaned out the locker (mod to remove all Influence costs), so now I can start looting again. Last level was hard to get influence 'cause I was so loaded with items that I was essentially leaving everything behind and only get influence for rucks and missions. Sucks!

Yay! Time to get to work...playing! :D

Dantron

Rescued Ally
Dantron has started a new game of YOSE and completed the mission where Sergeant Tam requests assistance in spotting a horde for artillery bombardment. The horde was bombarded, the explosions exploded and...not a single zombie was destroyed!!! :eek:

Dantron's group is hiding in the church from the indestructible horde!!! :oops:

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor At Home
Staff member
Been away from home for 3 weeks. Loaded up my old save and thought, "Ugh. What's goingon, again?" So I started a new one.
I remember on the old forums a guy played a unique version of Storymode called Marcus the Arsehole. So, as it's always stuck in my mind I'm playing Mystyk who doesn't give a shit, lol. My custom has the HRF_Douche voice and it's hilarious 😁
Level 1 is a bit dull but, the fights at the base are entertaining. I'm still tweaking files, especially fatecards. Trying to have dire consequences rather than being too tame.
I wish I had been there in the early days of SoD on the old forum where things were crazy before they toned it all down.

My level 12 starts are with a select group of people. They don't fight with each other and have a special trait that has its own pro's and cons. Next is to set up custom missions and base interactions.
But, for now I'm at the ideas stage and playing them to figure more stuff out.
So, both modding and playing. My "serious" save is Mystyk 😁

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor At Home
Staff member
I had my game edited with slowish zombies, no spawning of unskilled people, quite a few customs. It eventually got boring. So, re-edited and now most unskilled people spawn again, default fast zombies and density, still no super freaks, though.
It's far more entertaining what with the fights at home, people being special snowflakes and all the other random stuff I suppressed or limited only to certain people.

After updating my graphics driver, and reading how to do stuff in the application, setting up profiles and tweaking stuff, my old issues haven't come up again (gpu shutting off during DOS2, for example), so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. Which also means no SOD2 for a while. Oh well.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Which also means no SOD2 for a while. Oh well.
Not to bear false witness, but, if you dare, a number of people on steam claim that SoD2 works just fine on Win7. I cannot confirm nor deny the claims, since I can't test it for myself, but...it's out there.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor At Home
Staff member
Thought it was worth mentioning. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and you refund. No harm, no foul.
Another member here gave me a key so no chance of a Steam refund, lol. If the game doesn't work I'll just uninstall and wait until I get Win 10 :)