Survivor Updates - What's happening with your group?

borobomb

Missing Survivor
I'm thinking of doing an all military move to the next level of breakdown. Right now I have Hawkes, Kilo, Vince and Tan. My last 2 were Marcus and sprang shirt construction/medic chick. I found an enclave with Montressor and I've already recruited Woodrow. I'll have a tough time leaving marcus behind though, he's my dude.

spacemousetw

Missing Survivor
I have 2 games running -

1) Is my main game and got to the point when I am now increasing my score on the (PC Leader Board). Set up at Snyder's with lots of supplies. But I am getting close to having to move on - To Level 8. I always hate that move, as I know I will have to leave some good people behind. And then there is the panic of having to set up your first new Home Base.

2) Is a fairly new game, still on Level One and trying to get an all Girl Team together. I goes Becca as my starting player. I have two female NPC's, but just cannot get them 'Friendly', no matter what I do.
I always play all girl team:LOL:

Biker Steve

Rescued Ally
Marcus is my favorite character to play. How could you leave him behind?
;)
Marcus has two skills that make him useful to play *as*. Almost all of the traits are best used as being in the base (cook, medic, etc.), but leadership only comes into play when the character is active. Then throw in the powerhouse trait, and he's perfect for scavenging as well.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Just fed a survivor to an infestation. Frank the psychopath who was forever spiteful. Nothing was ever good enough for him.
He went into the infestation with a whistling box mine. Run through the door, plant bomb and get grabbed. He was on minimal health before, due to another infestation that he cleared. Oops.
It was funny, though, and eerie. The mine was going off during the crouch down and be mauled effect, so the sound was slowed down. The molotov dropped and it was like a rave party in there 😃 Zombie arms flailing in the flames while the mine continued its slow shrieking.
It's times like those I wish I'd been recording it ☺

Vahx

Missing Survivor
:( My game has taken a turn for the worst. Prepare for a rant.

I had a great team, Alicia Hawkes, Nimble cop, a powerhouse with edged spec, Doc Hanson, Cowboy construction cook and a random women that likes to hike.
First, my powerhouse went missing, he was fully leveled. I couldn't wait for the mission to go save him so he died. Luckily I found Amelia in a group and recruited her quickly to replace him.
Then my random women went missing, I didn't see it happen, so I had logged off and when I logged back on, dead...

Again I found a quick replacement with Calliope Morris, I recruit her and thought "Better head to the next level and I'll train her there".
But of course, Amelia is now missing... Which sucks because I had just done some scavenging on her to get her wits to max, switched to another character, Amelia wanted to go Feral hunting, It was her b-day so we just did. And then she runs away....

Ok ok.. I got some time, I'll wait for the save me mission. I'll level up Calliope in the meantime.
1 hour later... still no mission and now Doc is also missing. I had just gotten his Asthma Attacking Ass to Cardio 7..:cry:.

Crap.. Ok ok, we'll play some longer and see if I can.... WHAT? Cowboy construction cook is missing too??

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I had already loaded them on the RV, I didn't know I could even lose them at this point.
Waited for some longer, 1:30 AM, no mission. Screw it, going to bed.

Next morning, woke up and logged in, Expected to see 3 dead people.
Amelia is dead, Doc and Cowboy are still missing, RV is still loaded up and... Alicia is also missing... Luckily a mission to find her has spawned already.
I'm panicking here, out of my 6 man team, all I got left is my nimble cop and a half-trained hero.
I find Alicia, decided I'm not taking any chances anymore and cut my losses. Time to move to the next level...

So now I'm on the next level with Alicia and Nimble cop, Calliope half trained and 2 people who are still missing (they came along on the RV while they were missing, that's like the opposite of roof riding?)

The worst part is, I'm only at level 10...

Is it true that having a character with the counseling trait prevents people from running away? Or does it just decrease the chance that they will run away?
I've never had this many people run away so quickly while the situation wasn't even that bad.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm on level 10 of my former solo playthrough. I have my 6, lol, all heroes. My new rules are, keep them for now, max out their stats, then leave them behind and find them again later. So, there may be some levels all solo.
Although total solo is difficult. Easy in old SoD. To begin with it was totally solo, no recruiting, then recruiting but going to the next level solo.
This level Hawkes will be maxed so she'll be staying behind.

Oh, this playthrough was mainly to test out an edit I did. It's been 8 levels and it's still working so...success? Seems like 😊

QMJS

Rescued Ally
Is it true that having a character with the counseling trait prevents people from running away? Or does it just decrease the chance that they will run away?
I've never had this many people run away so quickly while the situation wasn't even that bad.
When there is a chance of them abandoning the base, it can override it and they stay, but it doesn't actually prevent it.