Survivor Updates - What's happening with your group?

borobomb

Rescued Ally
I'm thinking of doing an all military move to the next level of breakdown. Right now I have Hawkes, Kilo, Vince and Tan. My last 2 were Marcus and sprang shirt construction/medic chick. I found an enclave with Montressor and I've already recruited Woodrow. I'll have a tough time leaving marcus behind though, he's my dude.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
I have 2 games running -

1) Is my main game and got to the point when I am now increasing my score on the (PC Leader Board). Set up at Snyder's with lots of supplies. But I am getting close to having to move on - To Level 8. I always hate that move, as I know I will have to leave some good people behind. And then there is the panic of having to set up your first new Home Base.

2) Is a fairly new game, still on Level One and trying to get an all Girl Team together. I goes Becca as my starting player. I have two female NPC's, but just cannot get them 'Friendly', no matter what I do.
I always play all girl team:LOL:

Biker Steve

Rescued Ally
Marcus is my favorite character to play. How could you leave him behind?
;)
Marcus has two skills that make him useful to play *as*. Almost all of the traits are best used as being in the base (cook, medic, etc.), but leadership only comes into play when the character is active. Then throw in the powerhouse trait, and he's perfect for scavenging as well.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Just fed a survivor to an infestation. Frank the psychopath who was forever spiteful. Nothing was ever good enough for him.
He went into the infestation with a whistling box mine. Run through the door, plant bomb and get grabbed. He was on minimal health before, due to another infestation that he cleared. Oops.
It was funny, though, and eerie. The mine was going off during the crouch down and be mauled effect, so the sound was slowed down. The molotov dropped and it was like a rave party in there 😃 Zombie arms flailing in the flames while the mine continued its slow shrieking.
It's times like those I wish I'd been recording it ☺

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
:( My game has taken a turn for the worst. Prepare for a rant.

I had a great team, Alicia Hawkes, Nimble cop, a powerhouse with edged spec, Doc Hanson, Cowboy construction cook and a random women that likes to hike.
First, my powerhouse went missing, he was fully leveled. I couldn't wait for the mission to go save him so he died. Luckily I found Amelia in a group and recruited her quickly to replace him.
Then my random women went missing, I didn't see it happen, so I had logged off and when I logged back on, dead...

Again I found a quick replacement with Calliope Morris, I recruit her and thought "Better head to the next level and I'll train her there".
But of course, Amelia is now missing... Which sucks because I had just done some scavenging on her to get her wits to max, switched to another character, Amelia wanted to go Feral hunting, It was her b-day so we just did. And then she runs away....

Ok ok.. I got some time, I'll wait for the save me mission. I'll level up Calliope in the meantime.
1 hour later... still no mission and now Doc is also missing. I had just gotten his Asthma Attacking Ass to Cardio 7..:cry:.

Crap.. Ok ok, we'll play some longer and see if I can.... WHAT? Cowboy construction cook is missing too??

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I had already loaded them on the RV, I didn't know I could even lose them at this point.
Waited for some longer, 1:30 AM, no mission. Screw it, going to bed.

Next morning, woke up and logged in, Expected to see 3 dead people.
Amelia is dead, Doc and Cowboy are still missing, RV is still loaded up and... Alicia is also missing... Luckily a mission to find her has spawned already.
I'm panicking here, out of my 6 man team, all I got left is my nimble cop and a half-trained hero.
I find Alicia, decided I'm not taking any chances anymore and cut my losses. Time to move to the next level...

So now I'm on the next level with Alicia and Nimble cop, Calliope half trained and 2 people who are still missing (they came along on the RV while they were missing, that's like the opposite of roof riding?)

The worst part is, I'm only at level 10...

Is it true that having a character with the counseling trait prevents people from running away? Or does it just decrease the chance that they will run away?
I've never had this many people run away so quickly while the situation wasn't even that bad.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm on level 10 of my former solo playthrough. I have my 6, lol, all heroes. My new rules are, keep them for now, max out their stats, then leave them behind and find them again later. So, there may be some levels all solo.
Although total solo is difficult. Easy in old SoD. To begin with it was totally solo, no recruiting, then recruiting but going to the next level solo.
This level Hawkes will be maxed so she'll be staying behind.

Oh, this playthrough was mainly to test out an edit I did. It's been 8 levels and it's still working so...success? Seems like 😊

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Is it true that having a character with the counseling trait prevents people from running away? Or does it just decrease the chance that they will run away?
I've never had this many people run away so quickly while the situation wasn't even that bad.
When there is a chance of them abandoning the base, it can override it and they stay, but it doesn't actually prevent it.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Not Breakdown related, but I started a new game of Classic SoD this weekend.

A few highlights and odd things that have never happened before:

1) The juggernaut that normally spawns during the first Wilkerson mission was replaced by a pack of (4) ferals! Boat load more regular zombies this time too!

2) After awhile, survivor enclaves usually stop spawning once you reach a certain point in the story (usually after Alan kills Pastor William). This time around, I have had enclaves continue spawning every day I've booted up my X1.

3) I got a new fate card that I've never seen before... Maya got pissed off and blew 3 cases of ammunition shooting at cows. Actually, it was pretty goddamned funny because I totally wasn't expecting it.

(Will post more later. Past my bedtime.)

e5futter

Rescued Ally
Day 3 of breakdown. My starting random was Hawkes, my starting group are all cyclists that smoke heavily. My 2 auto contacted were Montressor and a researcher who is now my sniper, I also have Gurubani and Milo. I haven't recruited any of the enclaves. We have set up at the farmhouse and have a munitions workshop, library, and infirmary. With the Outpost setup the only thing we are losing is a few building materials. No losses yet, just my coward accidentally shooting Montressor in the leg.

Jack Talk Thai

Missing Survivor
Not Breakdown related, but I started a new game of Classic SoD this weekend.

A few highlights and odd things that have never happened before:

1) The juggernaut that normally spawns during the first Wilkerson mission was replaced by a pack of (4) ferals! Boat load more regular zombies this time too!

2) After awhile, survivor enclaves usually stop spawning once you reach a certain point in the story (usually after Alan kills Pastor William). This time around, I have had enclaves continue spawning every day I've booted up my X1.

3) I got a new fate card that I've never seen before... Maya got pissed off and blew 3 cases of ammunition shooting at cows. Actually, it was pretty goddamned funny because I totally wasn't expecting it.

(Will post more later. Past my bedtime.)
I love posts like this--new stuff happening in different playthroughs. I just recently got the mission to find Sam's zombified friend for the first time, and due to an accidental death en route to a related mission, both the Judge and the sheriff survived ( never got the event where you find them dead in the courthouse). I hope SoD2 has tons of small, random things that pop up only once in awhile.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Last level (17) I was at Snyder's and we recruited 3 people who were perfect candidates to unlock Erik (Blaze of Glory). I've edited my unlocks to be harder. Instead of 1 victim for that unlock I set it for 3.
So, not long after arriving 2 of them picked fights with my main crew. Well, it was off to the shed with them :devilish:
That shed wasn't quite covered by my base and it hadn't been looted yet. Armed with a molotov and whatever they arrived with, off they go to "loot the shed." I'd also decreased the interior zombie spawn amount but keep meaning to half it again as, finding 15 zombies in some tiny little shed is stupid unrealistic, IMO. I just never got around to it, though.
I killed off two and was about to do the third when I saw morale, lol, had plummeted. I just jogged over to the mini mart and picked up a food rucksack that we didn't need and it was all good again. (Rucksack morale/influence I've edited, too).
Third gets sent off to the shed. Erik gets unlocked, finally. It's only taken me 17 levels to get around to it.
Thought I'd better check my do-gooders and their moods. My custom, Ryan, was feeling pretty shitty (Moody), Kilo had only dropped to his original neutral, strangely. I'd have expected his mood to go even lower as he's one of those annoying do-gooders. Sasquatch was still super happy (Ambitious), lol, but Vince was depressed. Weird. I didn't expect that. Nothing a few rucksacks, maybe an infestation clearing couldn't fix.

RV's fixed, I'm loitering at home, flicked the switch and, I like to chat to each of the 5 I'm taking. Just for something different. Unfortunately Snyder's is a big place in the dark. I use one of @AmeliaCrasman 's Gloom mods. Flare, I think. Seeing as there are no ENB's for YOSE that's the next best thing, IMO. Most times, though, nights are super dark.
As soon as I ordered Ryan to the RV a horde event popped. Crap. As we all know the RV doesn't spawn outside Snyder's. I normally stand way in the back corner of the base to try and allow the NPC's to despawn quicker. Dunno if it works.
I checked the map and no hordes had tripped any nearby traps (which usually results in horde remnants loitering around to grab stupid NPC's running past) and none had spawned within outpost circles. So, I sent the next guy, Sasquatch, to the RV. Check my map while looking for Kilo and noticed, oh no, problem on the bridge. All those red dots. Crap :mad:
Now, I'm no cardio expert (even IRL, lol) but I sprinted out over to the bridge to help Sasquatch with all those zombies that weren't there just a minute ago. We were losing and I was hurt, so, you know what I did? Ctrl-Alt-Del and killed the game via task manager. I know, I know, choices and consequences, but there was no way I was losing two of my main 6 to a bunch of zombies in an event that just pinged at the wrong time.

Upon reload I assumed everyone'd be back at base, as used to happen in old SoD, but no. Horde event was raging, 3 were already "on the RV" so I just opened the journal and selected the rest. I wasn't going to have a repeat of last time.

We're at the Alamo this time. I'm working on my Wits...and making a lot of noise often. Oh well. Lily has her boomstick in the tower (MK 15, I armed her with ages ago) and I'm just laughing as I make all this noise and she just blows them away as they spawn :D
It sounds awesome when I'm at the locker and she's in the tower shooting stuff. It's this massive muffled BOOM. If I'm not expecting it I almost jump, then laugh and say, "%$#&!"

Nothing much has happened this level, it's still the beginning.

e5futter

Rescued Ally
Things have drastically changed in my group, we are now "The Food drive".

My group has 8 people: 5 of them are cooking experts, 2 are guards, and Lilly.

I have 2 farms set up along with two cooking stations. I make pie constantly and trade them to the other enclaves for ammo and medicine.

whenever one cook leaves the base, I teleport them back..

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Level 27 is The Great Food Drought. I'm at the Alamo and there is no food anywhere in Marshall, even the Savini's end. I don't really fancy going out further but, looks like I'll have to.

In other news, during our search of the immediate area, I barged in to that place that has an office downstairs and a flat upstairs. Two zombies were in there (upstairs) and I quickly cycled through my stuff looking for a suppressor. Accidentally chose the wrong thing, and Kilo planted a mine. "WTF?!" I said out loud and bolted downstairs.
*Boom* it goes. I had seconds to fast search the gun cabinet. I left the building fast, just as a whole heap of zombies came jogging up the street. 😑

I had to switch to my only friend, as Kilo is no use to anyone right now. Far too tired.
When it's daylight I'll hit the farms for food with a throw away character. Surely some place out there has food 😣

Level 27 is The Great Food Drought. I'm at the Alamo and there is no food anywhere in Marshall, even the Savini's end. I don't really fancy going out further but, looks like I'll have to.

In other news, during our search of the immediate area, I barged in to that place that has an office downstairs and a flat upstairs. Two zombies were in there (upstairs) and I quickly cycled through my stuff looking for a suppressor. Accidentally chose the wrong thing, and Kilo planted a mine. "WTF?!" I said out loud and bolted downstairs.
*Boom* it goes. I had seconds to fast search the gun cabinet. I left the building fast, just as a whole heap of zombies came jogging up the street. 😑

I had to switch to my only friend, as Kilo is no use to anyone right now. Far too tired.
When it's daylight I'll hit the farms for food with a throw away character. Surely some place out there has food 😣
I had something similar happen in one of the buildings in downtown Marshall, only it was a grenade instead of a mine. I didn't want to risk going out into the street so I jumped through the back window and climbed the ladder onto the roof and watched the Zombies swarm in from pretty much every direction.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
As I won't have SoD2 for a few months, at least, I'm still in old SoD. Modding it and playing it. When I'm bored with that I play Banished. Recently reinstalled that, went through the tutorial, as I forgot how to play, and now have 2 really good towns that I alternate between.

I started over, but at level 27. I modded all the characters to start with nothing, so no freebies. Still have to edit the startgame locker to have nothing, as well. Just like level 1.
At level 27 it's hard. Stranger In Trouble mission? Better bring a bunch of snacks and meds and a good weapon, or it's very likely the person you're helping will die (due to having nothing in their inventory). Why don't they use their knife? They still do that stupid kicking BS from the original.
I lost one guy last night. I really tried but there were too many zombies. I barely escaped alive, myself. Good thing in YOSE, unlike original, once one dies the others still spawn missions and end up joining.

Maybe it's normal, but, the enclaves are not as needy as usual. There's one enclave I want but they rarely spawn missions, and I don't have anyone with leadership to move it along faster. I call them the Confident Survivors, like in storymode - those guys who don't really need us, are fine on their own.

I also fired up Lifeline again. I'll see how far I get in that before I get bored again. Tower defense is not my favourite thing in any game. I've already looted the map, and have a fully upgraded base already, all done during the first mission :)