State of Decay Screenshots - Post 'Em!

WillieSea

Rescued Ally
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure something was supposed to be behind those red cylinders. Its shadow is there but I just don't remember. I must've accidentally replaced it. Whatever it was :rolleyes:

Wth? Shitty textures (n)
I'm on Ultra, it probably doesn't make any difference. Now and then random textures (floorboards, wall, cabinet, bed, character face, etc) will be blurry and smooshy.
If I knew how to I'd love to make 4K textures, at least (I have an 8GB card which is wasted on this game, lol).
Its empty in my game as well, but there is collision there. So perhaps the textures are bad or missing?

I looked in the original SoD and see its a lumber pile.
StateOfDecay 2018-01-18 15-33-26-98.jpg

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Being at Savini's I had no "shed," so found the nearest infestation and sent Frank out there to deal with it, with a whistling box mine :devilish:
Back in the day I used to be able to jump through a window, plant a timed mine, then dive out the back door. Still practicing that one in YOSE. With the unwanted people :D
So, Frank jumps through the window, plants the mine and immediately gets stunned by the two screamers inside. Oops. Should've got those guys first, from outside.
Frank then gets grabbed. I forgot where the spacebar was (not really, lol) but when I found it he jumped up and knocked them all back. The screamers screamed as he tried to get to them, but was blocked by half a dozen grabby zombies, who munched on him a few more times.
Cowering on the floor, with the whistling box mine still whistling was eerie, as it was in slow motion.

Frank knew he wasn't coming up this time. Good thing he still had some molotovs on him (everyone gets a basic load out in my groups, molotovs being one of them).

See ya, Frank. Please don't spawn next level. I'm tired of seeing you spawn every level. You're blocking the useful people that I actually do want.

Frank helped in getting Erik unlocked. I just need to find another "volunteer" to help me practice my infestation clearing. I only need 2 more :devilish:

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Has anyone tried this jump yet?

I don't have any dispensible people to try it out with, in case it goes wrong and I end up in the river.

There's another further back near the warehouses. In the Steam gallery for SoD there's a gif where someone uses that small jump in a high end exotic. Pretty cool to watch. I don't have any exotics on this level so, whatever I do try it out with would likely end up in the river :)

Further down the road (to the left of this image) there's an angled rock. One time while trying to deposit a car into the river it ended up making the jump just fine. That was a rally hatchback. My character bailed before it jumped, so the car did it all by itself :D

@WillieSea

There's that roaring fire in old SoD. It's a wonder the whole house doesn't catch on fire :D