State Of Decay 3

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
A wise man, whose name a dumb man can’t remember, once said that companies don’t listen to customers they listen to their competition. Everyone has a looter shooter except Microsoft. If you made base choices about how to build the civilian areas in The Division 2, and shot zombies instead of racists, you’d have a good part of what I imagine a SoD 3 would be like.

Edit - Sorry... I’ve been gone awhile and just noticed how big a necro this is.
This is very true, a product is only ment to sell and bring in money and customers. Quality, unique and creativity do not count.

phil

Rescued Ally
I hadnt really thought about that with the smokers. But I was thinking for spitters they don't blind characters but just cause damage to them with the acid and maybe have the survivors react to it the same way they do with fire.
That sounds very much like the toad in Dying Light, acidic snot that as you said will cause damage.

phil

Rescued Ally
It's a dark foggy night, racing back to your base the gas gauge in your car hits WALK! "It's only 600 meters" you tell yourself and laugh as you begin off in a slow jog. Then roar cuts through the air like a knife :eek:....you drop to a crouch and the fog just seem to get thicker as you sneak forward. As you curse the devs from UL....you pull up short of a belly jiggle in the fog and think "Why did leave base without a spare can of gas" he roars and takes a swipe at you....then that feral you slipped by roars . :whistle: I would love that gives you a reason to stay close to home and loot.

If they add rain and snow I don't want it to be just for show. It needs to effect our survivors be it a summer shower or a near freezing rain in early winter.
Fog at the grey light of dawn, as you said the roar of the zeds but, where are they. I shudder at the thought of juggles suddenly appearing out the fog and you have very little to think let alone react.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Your friend hitting the box at the power station was like telling a donkey to walk.
The best part is when your hitting the box and your "teammates" start chucking grenades at you so you won't be able to get your gun since well.....yeah you already know and don't get me started when someone starts using EMPs around perk machine's.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
The best part is when your hitting the box and your "teammates" start chucking grenades at you so you won't be able to get your gun since well.....yeah you already know and don't get me started when someone starts using EMPs around perk machine's.
When Jug is out cause your friend threw an EMP. Or when you’re pack a punching and the fool throws the EMP

phil

Rescued Ally
What do I want in SoD 3?

This is a simple request, for it to work without major bugs. Or, for it to work full stop.

Burzum

Rescued Ally
Rather than new freaks (by that I mean, carbon copy zombies like ferals, juggernauts, screamers), I would rather see more variety in our current zombies and have them evolve in a very Romero way.
  • Firefighters whose helmet blocks low caliber shots from behind
  • SWAT zombies whose helmet blocks most calibers AND stealth executions
  • Zombies dragging a heavy weapon (i.e. a sledgehammer) and swinging it randomly in melee combat
  • Army zombies that congregate together as a "squad" with their own custom AI, similar to blood plague hearts and their zombies
  • Cannibal creeps - zombie-like humans that blend in with zombies and actively hunt the player from an enclave base, rather than hostile enclaves that stand around waiting to be shot
  • Immobile (weight) zombies that cannot move, but whose stench and size make it impossible to melee
  • Zombie wildlife: bears or wolves
  • Construction zombies with hard hats that deflect blunt melee attacks
For L4D zombies, we got their version of a Jockey with the Feral in State of Decay 1. If he grabs you, then you have to push him off or he just continues killing you. Smokers are a bit like Screamers, they take you out of the gameplay for a brief time and always accompany other zombies. Spitter is more or less comparable to the Bloater, not blinded but disease hampers you for awhile.
I'm all for this. ☝👍

I'm not massively against the idea of MMO, I am however massively against the idea of PvP unless they implement some sort of community cap where there is a limit on the number of players each community can have and the number of communities it can interact/ally/trade with otherwise you will see community's of hundreds just wiping out everything and everyone just because. Also if a community moves map it needs to be random, otherwise you could have 3 or 4 or more communities of survivors banding together to do exactly that. It needs more thinking about but the need to avoid people ruining the game for others needs to be paramount or they may as well just pour everything into an SOD2 type game with optional multiplayer.