State of Decay 2's (Zombieland's) Rule #32

e5futter

Rescued Ally

There's the behemoth of a thread about the little annoyances we have with State of Decay 2, but I didn't notice one about the things we like, (I now know there was one, just missed it when skimming through the pages. I'm sorry). This is a thread to share all the things y'all like about SoD2, or just some cool /fun encounters you have had while playing.

I like the fact that sometimes different freak Zed's will react with each other, like the time there was a Feral running circles around a Juggernaut and the big guy was roaring like he was pissed.

Last edited:

Maltriagon

Rescued Ally
Hey great idea efutter! I'm actually really happy you made this. I'm going to post one every day.
I really like the variety of bases in the game. You can get a base for just about any kind of community. Love the vehicles, check out the wheelhouse truck stop. Love the outdoors, Camp Kelengua is great. Trying to keep a small community but are sick of the starter home. There's plenty of small bases. I also really like that you don't need to use one of the big (3500 cost) bases to complete the game. I once had an extremely productive community working out of Wally's bar and grill.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Well I do like the small things like how they used the same "special" zeds but changed something about them. Like the bloater runs at you and can trip on its face and explode. The feral is more energetic and crazy. The armoured zeds helmets can get knocked off and its pretty satisfying to knock that thing off and a small detail of hearing the zed have a faded snarl since the helmet covers the mouth. The jugg puts itself out when its lit on fire. The screamer..... well still screams as usual. You got the different animations. I like how the survivors do more call outs and talk more. Gotta love when you turn into a zed when you die too. And finally...I like the fact that I can play with my pals :sneaky:

XzerothreeX

Rescued Ally
I do enjoy the ability to remove junk from the storage locker without burning up my influence. And honestly, the bugs. I had the best laugh I've had in a while playing with my wife and Vers. I got my military truck stuck. Damaged it getting unstuck. I hit it up with a repair kit and just as it finishes repairs, my character gets launched into the upper atmosphere. I was cackling as I steadily gained altitude, my wife asking me where I went. She still hasn't looked up when I peaked, descended, and flopped unceremoniously at her feet. Also, the invisible feral. My wife gets jumped by a feral, and as she just loses it. Squawking about a feral as she shoots, swipes jumps and dodges in random directions. I'm watching her closely and there is nothing there. In my observations, I stumbled too close and became the target while still having no idea where he was. My wife is shouting directions while I frantically dodge and swing at empty air, having a great laugh the whole time. She finally shot him down, with me shooting grass in the general area of her point of aim. Unlikely I'll ever get to do that again, but damned if it wasn't a real hoot.

Maltriagon

Rescued Ally
I love the guns in this game. I'm glad they dropped the number of guns (no more g this and g that being a generic pistol.) and made each one unique. Every gun has a certain feel. Even the ones in the same caliber are different. Firing a ppk feels much different than firing the devilette. Also shotguns are way better now. Even the model 870 is super satisfying.

I love the guns in this game. I'm glad they dropped the number of guns (no more g this and g that being a generic pistol.) and made each one unique. Every gun has a certain feel. Even the ones in the same caliber are different. Firing a ppk feels much different than firing the devilette. Also shotguns are way better now. Even the model 870 is super satisfying.
Shotguns are so much damn fun, especially if given to someone with maxed sharpshooting - shred groups of zombies similar to the old SoD shotgun specialization!

For me, I simply love playing the game (405 hours and counting). I recognise it's faults but just have a blast with it.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Some of the voice acting. I like the girl voice (I call her 'Sarcastic Girl') that says "Fuck me, here comes my fanclub" when she crashes a fast search. It just makes me giggle. I also like 'Cholo Dude'; his "Eyes on me, motherfuckers" taunt is perfect.

The voice acting in general is much improved upon the first game, with some really annoying exceptions ('Indian Accent Girl' doesn't sound like she cares about her lines at all).

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Ah crap, now I feel like a donkey. I'm sorry Terra, I missed it when skimming the pages.
No worries mate, just pointed it out. Maybe SAK can merge or something.

There are good things that they did with the game and we should celebrate that. Beautiful jigsaw pieces are still beautiful even if they're for different jigsaws.