State of Decay 2 Using OG Xbox One Fan Too Often?

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
When I got my Xbox One back in 2014/15 with the Assassin's Creed bundle, the fan was always quiet and until 2018, the fan is barely noticeable when I only load a game up like a 360 title. But when SoD2 came out, the fan would blow fast and at random times too, which kind of irritated me because any other game I play bedsides this one, the fan will only blow when loading the game.

Have you experienced the fan blowing air out of the top / side vents? and what Xbox One do you have? OG/S/X

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Digital or disk? I haven’t experienced this, but I run the digital version on the Xbox One X. I can understand disk versions being louder though, with the spinning and all.
For my games with the disc, it'll run for a few seconds and stop, which is fine, the fan is the issue only for SoD2. Discs and any other digital games rarely use the fan after the engine load sequences.

My SoD2 is digital.

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
Prior to upgrading to the Xbox One X, I had one of the older original bulky black Xbox Ones. It was originally pretty quiet, but as new updates to the operating system became available with new features, etc, this older model Xbox seemed like it didn’t run as efficiently as it did in its early life. Newer games too like SoD2 were probably developed on newer updated versions of Xbox Dev kits that probably run more efficiently on the newer Xbox One S & X. Then again your 2014 machine could be getting tired. I have my original Xbox One aswell and I do notice that the new version does run everything more efficiently. I think the newer updates/features made to Xbox are more demanding on the older model.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
When I got my Xbox One back in 2014/15 with the Assassin's Creed bundle, the fan was always quiet and until 2018, the fan is barely noticeable when I only load a game up like a 360 title. But when SoD2 came out, the fan would blow fast and at random times too, which kind of irritated me because any other game I play bedsides this one, the fan will only blow when loading the game.

Have you experienced the fan blowing air out of the top / side vents? and what Xbox One do you have? OG/S/X
Sounds like either SOD2 is pushing the hardware or there’s a temperature build up. Do you de-dust the vents at all?
I’m not really sure how to troubleshoot high temps on an Xbox as I think opening the case voids the warranty?

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
The vents are cleaned every month, it's just this game that pushes the hardware I suppose, the OG Xboxes are soon to have more air flowing out I believe, I might as well save sum cash for the X

demonbreather

Missing Survivor
You must not play Fallout 4, huh? That is a fanblaster. I have an original xbone from a few years back and F4 is the only game I've ever noticed the fans kicking into overdrive with. Granted, I play with ear-covering headphones on, so a game really has to push the fans like crazy for me to notice it, but as I said, F4 is the only one I've noticed.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
You must not play Fallout 4, huh? That is a fanblaster. I have an original xbone from a few years back and F4 is the only game I've ever noticed the fans kicking into overdrive with. Granted, I play with ear-covering headphones on, so a game really has to push the fans like crazy for me to notice it, but as I said, F4 is the only one I've noticed.
I had no issues with Fallout 4 at all, played it almost everyday in a certain month.

demonbreather

Missing Survivor
I had no issues with Fallout 4 at all, played it almost everyday in a certain month.
Could be due to recent updates, changes to the Creation Club (which I don't use, but you have to accept the files in order to continue accessing mod updates, etc), or my combination of mods. It could also be the final gasps of a dying xbone. I hope that's not the case, but who knows? :/ Regardless, the point I intended to make without putting it into words was that it seems like different people's xboxes seem to be spinning up the fans to insane levels for different reasons (but I've spoken with others who are having the same results as I am with F4). I'll keep my ears peeled for the fans with SoD2 in the future, but I probably won't be putting any time into it until a DLC with an actual story drops, or until some significant gameplay updates/patches revamp a lot of the existing systems.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Could be due to recent updates, changes to the Creation Club (which I don't use, but you have to accept the files in order to continue accessing mod updates, etc), or my combination of mods. It could also be the final gasps of a dying xbone. I hope that's not the case, but who knows? :/ Regardless, the point I intended to make without putting it into words was that it seems like different people's xboxes seem to be spinning up the fans to insane levels for different reasons (but I've spoken with others who are having the same results as I am with F4). I'll keep my ears peeled for the fans with SoD2 in the future, but I probably won't be putting any time into it until a DLC with an actual story drops, or until some significant gameplay updates/patches revamp a lot of the existing systems.
I was Achievement Hunting Fallout 4, so mods were a nono for me, I enjoyed playing it alot and forgetting about the mods.