Mod State of Decay 2 Mod Tool [Official Version 1.1]

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
So I picked up the editor and loaded it up. I have a few questions. Is there a way to back up the save file before editing it? Does the editor have any kind of safeguard to protect me from myself in case I edit something I'm not supposed to or set something to high or low.

I didn't really get in to it too much just a quick browse through it but are you able to add the red talon skills to a non redtalon survivor. Are you able to edit survivors in the legacy pool or just in one of your communities?

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Just survivors in active communities.

After you make any changes, it backs up the original file every time... almost too much, as they are fairly big and if you make a couple of changes at a time, the amount of space it uses gets pretty high, so you may need to manually clear them every now and then. Once you use it, it creates a backups directory where the editor is installed. You can manually restore them or just select 'Restore Backup' from the menu.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
So I just downloaded the latest version and while it works, it's like reeeaallllly hard to read...the lettering is a pale white instead of an easy to read black. is there any way to change this?

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Not currently... the settings area has dark/light views, but I think it is currently disabled. Eventually he'll get it back to working, but he had to start over with one of the recent updates.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Is there a way to add items right into the storage locker? And is there an easy way to find a particular item then scrolling through the drop down menu?

I saw you can change the durability number of weapons. Can you make a weapon indestructible? I noticed on ranged weapons that never jam/break the number was 500 (bolt scout) but it was higher on other ranged weapons.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
No, the way it is set up you have to change one thing into another. If you don't have a whole stack of things you want to change, just drop something on the ground in your base one at a time, or put them into a trunk so they are easier to find. Then you can just find the stack with 1.

I'm not sure about durability after the change in the last update. It was possible to set the number very high (1e9, which is 1000000000 is close to the maximum) , but if you recycled the weapon it would clog your inventory with (potentially) hundreds of thousands of parts. Also, any changes made will be reset if you have a red talon workshop.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Is there a way to add items right into the storage locker? And is there an easy way to find a particular item then scrolling through the drop down menu?

I saw you can change the durability number of weapons. Can you make a weapon indestructible? I noticed on ranged weapons that never jam/break the number was 500 (bolt scout) but it was higher on other ranged weapons.
If you want unbreakable weapons it's much easier to just use the cheat engine table, it has several options for unlimited durability including one that only affects equipped weapons. That lets you avoid accidentally scrapping something and having your inventory overflowing with parts.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Can you edit your survivors inventory or only the supply locker? Can you add red talon ammo packs to the locker?

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Yes, but it is kind of hard to tell the difference between locker, ground, vehicle, and individual inventories.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Can you edit your survivors inventory or only the supply locker? Can you add red talon ammo packs to the locker?
CE is your best bet once again, as long as you have at least 1 of a stackable item you can duplicate as many as you want. You just activate the switch and choose which item in game and it turns the stack into 999, then you can turn off CE.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
CE is your best bet once again, as long as you have at least 1 of a stackable item you can duplicate as many as you want. You just activate the switch and choose which item in game and it turns the stack into 999, then you can turn off CE.
so the editor will work while the game is running?

phil

Alamo Rookie
When I am editing a community/Inventory and I try to delete the last digit in durability. I get the delightful windows 10 busy mouse pointer and then it quits this also happens in ranged weapons. No error message

EDIT: A workaround, move the curser ro the front of the first number, enter the number you want and the delete the rest

Last edited:

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
When I am editing a community/Inventory and I try to delete the last digit in durability. I get the delightful windows 10 busy mouse pointer and then it quits this also happens in ranged weapons. No error message

EDIT: A workaround, move the curser ro the front of the first number, enter the number you want and the delete the rest
What is considered a good number for durability? I would figure higher is better but when I was checking out ranged weapons weapons I know won't break (according to game) have a lower durability score then other weapons I know can/will break. I haven't changed any durability numbers because I wasn't sure if I should go higher or lower

phil

Alamo Rookie
What is considered a good number for durability? I would figure higher is better but when I was checking out ranged weapons weapons I know won't break (according to game) have a lower durability score then other weapons I know can/will break. I haven't changed any durability numbers because I wasn't sure if I should go higher or lower

What I have found is that if you go to high the system will adjust itself. What I would suggest is that pick a number, not to low, and you can always changed it later.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
So I really dove in to modding my community last night. I have a few questions.

Is the durability number listed a counter for ho much durability it has left or is it a representation of the overall durability? So if I have a low durability weapon and I raise the number will the bar for durability in the weapons stats change or is that set. Is there a way to make guns that won't jam/break.

Does anyone know which one of the RT/daybreak traits works in the base game? There are 2 listed in the skills drop down box. I had one on my character and it seemed like the aim snap and special fighting skills weren't working. (I'm assuming because they're disable in daybreak that the daybreak version of the skill excludes them)

I went and added both versions to my character to see what would happen. It seems like it doubles up. So I has 7 star fighting and 2 7 star warfighting skills. My character had a pretty large heath bar. Same thing for cardio.

If you edit the survivors heath or stamina number does that set the maximum number or just the current amount?

QMJS

Zed Hunter
The top skill (of the two identical ones) is the one you should choose.

Changing the health and stamina values in Survivor stats has no effect... they are for information only. However, the fatigue, trauma, and infection can be changed.

To add health or stamina, you need to add traits. Next to the 'Available Traits' list, check the box 'Strings?' and then look for traits that start with Health_ and Stamina_ (some are bad/penalties). A few other traits add/remove them as well. Take a look here to get more trit info (complex, but useful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14od_fo4XmRCwMNZ844eKt2R1jtT94Pw_vjL0XR8vA8Q/edit#gid=1282585868

For durability, a higher number used to be the goal, and could be up to 1e9 (1000000000) but that was changed in the previous patch, and I still don't have a straight answer for it. When they adjusted the durabilities, they made changes to that, and I am no quite sure whether the scrip that did it is active still or not. A red talon workshop resets them to default as part of the automatic repair. Best answer there is increase them, and try to see if it actually has an effect.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
The top skill (of the two identical ones) is the one you should choose.

Changing the health and stamina values in Survivor stats has no effect... they are for information only. However, the fatigue, trauma, and infection can be changed.

To add health or stamina, you need to add traits. Next to the 'Available Traits' list, check the box 'Strings?' and then look for traits that start with Health_ and Stamina_ (some are bad/penalties). A few other traits add/remove them as well. Take a look here to get more trit info (complex, but useful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14od_fo4XmRCwMNZ844eKt2R1jtT94Pw_vjL0XR8vA8Q/edit#gid=1282585868

For durability, a higher number used to be the goal, and could be up to 1e9 (1000000000) but that was changed in the previous patch, and I still don't have a straight answer for it. When they adjusted the durabilities, they made changes to that, and I am no quite sure whether the scrip that did it is active still or not. A red talon workshop resets them to default as part of the automatic repair. Best answer there is increase them, and try to see if it actually has an effect.
so I've experimented with traits. and hard as nails, high pain threshold and high lung capacity seem to work well. It gets them up to 300ish health 250ish stanima with max fighting. Although I did add the red talon fighting skill so that may have something to do with those numbers. Could you possibly add multiple fighting skills to increase it? (ex: fighting/warfighting/endurance)

As for durability I started with 999 and changed all the weapons to that. The game reset them all back to normal. And some were equipped on survivors so the red talon workshop can't account for all of the changes.

Is there a limit on how many skills you can add to a survivor? I'm going to try and add a secondary specialization from the tree and see what happens. (ex gardening/agriculture/herbalisim)

Do any of the heartland facilities work in the base game? They show up in the drop down list I haven't tried adding on yet. BTW adding a passive effect to a facility is a game changer. You add a built in barracks/8 beds to one and you are almost set for beds.