Mod State of Decay 2 Mod Tool [Official Version 1.1]

jedijosh920

Missing Survivor
The State of Decay 2 Mod Tool has been released and is now on Version 1.0, thanks to all who contributed and helped out!

The first ever State of Decay 2 mods have started. With the State of Decay 2 Mod Tool, you can customize/modify your game to whatever you want. Want to play as Sasquatch from SOD1 Lifeline? Want to play as a group of U.S. Army Soldiers, or Red Talon, or a group of survivors wearing cool hoodies? All of that is possible with the State of Decay 2 Mod Tool. You can create/customize your own survivors, give them desired traits/skills and names, set the community's names and resources, etc. Much more to come in later updates, stay tuned, this is just the beginning.

Version 1.0 (Character Customization Mods)
By: jedijosh920

Features:
  • Set Community Name
  • Modify Community Resources (Ammo, Food, Fuel, Influence, Materials, Medicine, Parts)
  • Character Creation/Customization, Modify All Survivors in World, essentially making your own character (First Name, Last Name, Nick Name, Character Model, Voice, Gender, Community Standing, Hero Bonus, Leader Type, Traits, Skills)
  • Set Time of Day
  • Reveal All Map Icons
Download Link:
<DELETED>

Discord (for updates and more):
https://www.discord.gg/Q3q63Np

Video:

Version 1.1 (Inventory Mods)

The new update lets you do even more things such as editing your inventories to give you any weapon, item, vehicle, or facility. Such as the Durability Test Gun, which is an internal developer testing gun that insta kills.

CHANGELOG: 1.1 (THICC UPDATE)
  • Added readme.txt for changelogs and frequent questions/problems
  • Tool window size is now bigger
  • Some things were not being picked up by the tool, such as in resources or survivors, but all are found now
  • New Inventory (Items/Weapons), Vehicle, StackCount (Item Amounts), Facility Editors
  • Fixed "Days Surviving" value, would show previous value if new save had 0
  • Added "Existing Only" label warning to Resource Editor
  • Added "ECharacterStanding::Recruit" to Survivor Editor's Community Standing
  • Added "DEAD" if Survivor is dead in the list, and a saving restriction for them to avoid issues
  • Added Pronoun (He/She), Age, IsMale (gender swap) properties to Survivor Editor
  • Added Equipment Editor for Survivors
  • Added Voice Preview for Survivors
  • Added more to lists such as models, etc
  • Completed character model list (for now) and all portaits (now HD)
  • Misc bug fixes, performance, etc
Download Link:
<DELETED>

Video:

ModEdit: Download links have been deleted pending an update to the tool so that it is compatible with the latest version of SoD2 J.E. - YojimBeau

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyan Griffonclaw

Rescued Ally
Yes! Nice work, jedijosh920...been waiting for this! :D

Hmmm...this brings up a very interesting question; what happens to Xbox one game saves if you mod a PC game save with a Play Anywhere title? :unsure:
Avoid Console Peasants? I know I sound terrible, but the truth is: Let's not get into trouble with MS. PC Master Race needs to keep it on the "down low" with other PC Master Race for now. I feel bad for console owners because the XBOX is basically a PC made by Microsoft... More flexibility MS and you'll win the console race. Derp.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Yes! Nice work, jedijosh920...been waiting for this! :D

Hmmm...this brings up a very interesting question; what happens to Xbox one game saves if you mod a PC game save with a Play Anywhere title? :unsure:
Mod on PC, save >>goes to cloud. Open on Xbox, profit.
Avoid Console Peasants? I know I sound terrible, but the truth is: Let's not get into trouble with MS. PC Master Race needs to keep it on the "down low" with other PC Master Race for now. I feel bad for console owners because the XBOX is basically a PC made by Microsoft... More flexibility MS and you'll win the console race. Derp.
The original community never went down this road and I don't think we're going to start now with the Alamo.

No platform wars, folks. Rule #1.

G

Guest338

Tested it quite intensively never found any issues yet
Great piece of work much admiration
I am running it on Windows 10 have had no corruptions or any issues
Simple to use very flexible everything I wanted and more.
Thank you very much for this editor makes the game re playable
Being able to change every aspect of the characters including all traits and skills rocks

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
If I try to edit any of the community skills that only have one star (fishing, music, sexting, etc) and change it for one skill you can level up (medicine, utilites, computers, etc)...it removes the original skill but doesn't add the new skill.

Could anyone check if it's just a "me-issue" or it's just not working?

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
OK, so I tried it out...works great, changed clothes, name, skills, traits and even gender in one case and everything works fine, just one small thing; if I change my original three, no problem. However, if I change any survivor I recruit, they don't appear on the character screen with the original three. They're still in the game, and I can recruit them still by talking to them, and they still count as part of the community, but looking at the character screen, I only have three members. :unsure:

QMJS

Zed Hunter
If I try to edit any of the community skills that only have one star (fishing, music, sexting, etc) and change it for one skill you can level up (medicine, utilites, computers, etc)...it removes the original skill but doesn't add the new skill.

Put the base skill (like chemistry) in slot 9, then add the specialization in slot 10. You have to hit the 'save survivor' button after each of those changes.

Last edited:

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
Mod on PC, save >>goes to cloud. Open on Xbox, profit.

The original community never went down this road and I don't think we're going to start now with the Alamo.

No platform wars, folks. Rule #1.
Won't MS detect changes eventually and consider it cheating? With the risk of banning accounts and such?

Cyan Griffonclaw

Rescued Ally
Won't MS detect changes eventually and consider it cheating? With the risk of banning accounts and such?
I don't know for sure. All I do know is that my friends are PC Master Race and when they join me it's one of my two communities which are raw and modded. My modded friends join the modded CO-OP team. When I play with my raw team (boring...) I usually do it to experiment with traps and ambushes.
Also, this is co-op. Competitive PvP is not involved. So, we're not tripping any issues from my perspective. If I get banned from the MS store, I won't consider it a loss either. If UL banned me, why would I care again? No forums. To tell you the truth: I'll respect people of authority (like our moderators) and respect their rules because I'm a guest in their house. SoD2 is in my house. I'm the authority after spending the money. I'm modding this as long as the modding community puts out stuff to try.

G

Guest338

ALWAYS USE SAVE CHARACTER BUTTON AFTER EVERY EDIT AND THEN SAVE THE GAME SAVE LAST
It does work it may just need you to use a skill to get options in a drop down box
For example to add to minor skills (as you can only have one main skill like medicine) like sexting chose your original one but dont edit it just choose another from the examples in the drop down box
Now if you go back in there will be a whole list of all the skills to choose from
In first edit you only see a few but dont save edit sexting add from the others on first edit display
Go into the game you should have sexting plus what you added
Now quit go back to edit there should be every skill in the game available for you to add remove
Sorry it is easier to do than explain plus English is my 4th language so sorry
ALWAYS USE SAVE CHARACTER BUTTON AFTER EVERY EDIT AND THEN SAVE THE GAME SAVE LAST

G

Guest338

If used offline and it should always be then its not a Microsoft / Undead Labs issue
Online PVP then of course its cheating and sad actually but Microsoft generally DGAF about online game cheating I still think using this in PVP would be pathetic as its not what jedijosh920 intended

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
This is awesome. Any plans to modify zombie/freak spawns? Examples:

World full of just Ferals? This was a popular mod in SoD1.

Romero Mod? Another popular mod in SoD1 that removed all freaks and left only the classic style zombies. A world full of Blood Plague zeds would be cool too.

Increase the zed population? Maybe increase the size of hordes? Or maybe sprinting zombies only?

I know these are difficult suggestions as they would require changes to the code. They might even be impossible too. One can dream though lol.