State of Decay 2 Megathread Discussion

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/02/13/world-state-decay-2/

A new screenshot from the official SoD website!

It's... a porch... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
And a new model for a chair!
I'm going to be bitterly disappointed if we can't use that jungle gym in the background to do Jackie Chan style zombie takedowns :p

The HHHHHHYYYYYYPPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

But as for the question asked. Door or Window?

Pipe bomb the window. Then use the door. The more zed, the merrier.

Morak

Rescued Ally
Eeeehhhh, I think that is from the game trailer. At least that is what it looks like to me.
Caption states that it is from in game.

Take a look at this great shot from inside the world that is State of Decay 2. We’ve all spent a fair amount of time sneaking onto a porch very similar to this one. What’s your preferred method of entry? Window, or Door?

Blackthorne

Rescued Ally
I for one will be going down to visit a buddy down at the local EB Games store; I took note this morning that they've updated their SOD2 (XBone only) page where one is now required to put down a $10 deposit for a pre-order... which normally doesn't happen unless they're expecting an imminent (4-6 weeks) release, to my knowledge???

So, I'll head down and thoroughly interrogate the store owner ask him very politely for any information he can share...

EDIT: sorted spelling - don't try to multitask proofing workplace doco and posting on a forum at the same time; it doesn't end well :p

Last edited:

BobCrees

Alamo Family
I for one will be going down to visit a buddy down at the local EB Games store; I took note this morning that they've updated there SOD2 for XBone page where one is now required to put down a $10 deposit for a pre-order... which normally doesn't happen unless they're expecting an imminent (4-6 weeks) release, to my knowledge???

So, I'll head down and thoroughly interrogate the store owner ask him very politely for any information he can share...
If it is a 4 - 6 week release date, I would have thought we would have seen lots of 'new' news from MS by now?

Blackthorne

Rescued Ally
If it is a 4 - 6 week release date, I would have thought we would have seen lots of 'new' news from MS by now?
That's what's vexing me and enforcing my decision to go and join the 20 minute long waiting queue at the store so I can ask what the deal is :)

Not looking to get anyone's hopes up here, mind - I'm just finding it to be extremely odd that they've done that update out of the blue like that; no fanfare, no announcements, just a little ninja change :cautious:

I am expecting the answer to be along the lines of "Oh don't worry about that/we're just doing our monthly online updates/these are not the droids you are looking for; move along/etc"... but if it's NOT... you folks will be the first I'll let know :D