Official State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition

QMJS

Zed Hunter
So, on my way to a mission I see a bunch of people running down the street, and thought I had found something new and exciting...

Jumping out of the car and chasing them down to see what was up, I then realized that they were all my survivors, half a mile or so away from base. They were headed towards the base, but what were they doing out there in the first place?

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
Don't forget if you knock one down next to an NPC and press Y, you talk to the NPC.
That's damn right !!! Every time I go a mission with NPC and they don't just block your way, the controller setting will make you angry:mad:
And as my experience, the Y key finisher response slower than RT+X, that's why I don't need single Y to finisher, just give back the sod 1's LB+Y, because this is the best set.
I just can't believe that Brant always has this problem when he play by himself in the stream, why the hack don't they notice this thing:unsure:
Especially when they first time introduce the heavy weapons, they already show us that the wrong key bindings, why they don't feel any thing about it? And when I go to discard to ask this thing, can't believe that there're many people jump to cover their setting said that you can set your won key or they use no problem ...etc. ....damn ...

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
I think UL's idea to make finishers only the Y button was a mistake, because EVERY interaction is prioritized instead of killing the zed in front of you.
  • You knock a zed down in a doorway and press Y — you close the door
  • You knock a zed down next to a refrigerator and press Y — you search the fridge
  • You knock a zed down behind your vehicle and press Y — you open the trunk
I think I'm going to revert to the old control scheme.
By the way, I really want to post your words to the sod 2's dicard help channel :ROFLMAO:

phil

Alamo Rookie
So, on my way to a mission I see a bunch of people running down the street, and thought I had found something new and exciting...

View attachment 2980

Jumping out of the car and chasing them down to see what was up, I then realized that they were all my survivors, half a mile or so away from base. They were headed towards the base, but what were they doing out there in the first place?
Yep, that has happened to me

phil

Alamo Rookie
I think UL's idea to make finishers only the Y button was a mistake, because EVERY interaction is prioritized instead of killing the zed in front of you.
  • You knock a zed down in a doorway and press Y — you close the door
  • You knock a zed down next to a refrigerator and press Y — you search the fridge
  • You knock a zed down behind your vehicle and press Y — you open the trunk
I think I'm going to revert to the old control scheme.
Been there and I did swear at the screen

borobomb

Alamo Rookie

View attachment 2980

I booted a couple of useless survivors from my group to "trim the fat" and a few minutes later found one of them pretty much running in big circles out behind my base.

phil

Alamo Rookie
I booted a couple of useless survivors from my group to "trim the fat" and a few minutes later found one of them pretty much running in big circles out behind my base.
Perhaps that person was trying to screw themselves into the ground, or, someone said, 'we are all going around in circles if we don't do something soon'

Rossafur

Rescued Ally
About the non-stop healing hostile survivors: well, to be fair, at least for me, pre-update it wasn't all that uncommon for the last member of a hostile enclave to become invincible by just standing up again after every time they got knocked down into the struggle/panic animation, haha. Seemed to possibly be connected to the mysterious murder events/missions (if that didn't just get triggered by only 1 survivor remaining), because I'd often, if not always, have one pop up for that enclave after I'd give up trying to kill them and left the area. Does that bug still exist? Haha

Alan Gunderson

Rescued Ally
Spawned hostile enclaves are often stacked with good combat traits by the game in order to up their challenge (and determine that they have good starting weapons). NPCs can sometimes have traits like "immortal" and other really good ones.

It is likely that those cases where you fight near-invincible survivors that they actually have high endurance and merits that reduce the effect of injuries.

In dread zone, there was an enclave that turned hostile. I had the chance to "Learn about survivor" prior to their status change. One survivor had maxed out endurance and a higher health pool by comparison. Needless to say, while everyone else went down in 1-2 headshots from my rifle, I had to unload an entire magazine into this man after burning him.

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
Spawned hostile enclaves are often stacked with good combat traits by the game in order to up their challenge (and determine that they have good starting weapons). NPCs can sometimes have traits like "immortal" and other really good ones.

It is likely that those cases where you fight near-invincible survivors that they actually have high endurance and merits that reduce the effect of injuries.

In dread zone, there was an enclave that turned hostile. I had the chance to "Learn about survivor" prior to their status change. One survivor had maxed out endurance and a higher health pool by comparison. Needless to say, while everyone else went down in 1-2 headshots from my rifle, I had to unload an entire magazine into this man after burning him.
Well I stand near by the hostile enemy and I heard at least over 5 times use bandages sound in just 1.5 sec. That's ultimate healing.

Rossafur

Rescued Ally

Eh, several times I tried for a LONG time to kill them, magazine after magazine, multiple explosives/bloater grenades/zombait....training plague hordes onto them.... run back to outpost across the street for more ammo... Haha. Yeah, just kept getting back up over and over, despite going down with just a few headshots after the first time. Meanwhile I'd long since stopped bringing followers with me in Dread mode after losing several maxed heroes who kept getting themselves surrounded and torn apart before ever even bothering to shoot... "Lol, you telling me you're shooting at a plague juggernaut right behind me? You kidder, you're not gonna trick me!" CRUNCH

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
Eh, several times I tried for a LONG time to kill them, magazine after magazine, multiple explosives/bloater grenades/zombait....training plague hordes onto them.... run back to outpost across the street for more ammo... Haha. Yeah, just kept getting back up over and over, despite going down with just a few headshots after the first time. Meanwhile I'd long since stopped bringing followers with me in Dread mode after losing several maxed heroes who kept getting themselves surrounded and torn apart before ever even bothering to shoot... "Lol, you telling me you're shooting at a plague juggernaut right behind me? You kidder, you're not gonna trick me!" CRUNCH
Yeah, those bullets all in my back :LOL:
And they just block your shooting line, they won't help you to kill, they actually spy in your community, once you go out , they 'll doing what they want to do with you.:p

CaptainAssassin

Zed Hunter
Been there and I did swear at the screen
I've already reverted to the original scheme. That shit got old real quick.

For those who haven't done it yet, it's a 2-step process. You have to unmap the quick finisher button (one menu), AND disable the quick finisher prompt (different menu). Otherwise zeds will all have giant red Xs hovering over them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ehrmagerdden

Rescued Ally
I'm sure this has been mentioned by now in this thread, but my friends and I are STILL encountering invisible zombies in each other's games. My dudes. Come ON with this. This has been a problem since release. I'm getting really sick of my friends not wanting to play with me because their survivors could suffer perma-death at any moment through no fault of their own.

TrustNo1

Missing Survivor

View attachment 2980

Lol, getting some cardio in maybe? Yeah my game is riddled with bugs as well. May I ask how you got your survivor to have max health and stamina? I had no idea you could max them out like that!

TrustNo1

Missing Survivor
That group is heavily modded (PC). I also have one that is slightly modded, and one that is purely default.
Oh I see, the mods would explain that lol. Too bad you cant max out health and stamina like that without mods. I remember in YOSE getting some survivors that high in health/stamina on a playthrough that went on forever, good times.

Also, I for the most part play on standard difficulty but also have a game save on dread mode and I love the increased zombie presence but hate the cost of influence or resources to do certain things. So in my standard save game I just finished clearing all plague hearts on a map since the Jug Edition patch. I swear the streets were almost completely void of any zombies, it was like I killed them all on the map lol. Has this happened to anyone else? Once I moved to my new map, there were the standard amount of zombies again with an awesome 12 plague hearts(didn't know they changed that). Since the game is very easy on standard, they should up the horde sizes and amount of zeds that hit your base during a siege. Some sieges on my previous container fort base had a max of 10-12 zeds, pretty boring lol.

I guess I like the plentiful amount of resources and vehicles standard mode offers but I just love the increased zed presence in dread mode. Haven't tried nightmare mode yet though, that will be interesting. Sorry, maybe I'll just shut up now and play dread mode, lol. :)