State of Decay 2: Daybreak Released

Using the Cleo Blasting Rifle aka. The Cleo .50 cal.

And 200+ Cleo rounds. I cover the right and middle and in some cases far left when I take a step or two backward.

Had "a" good wave 7 complete and unlocked the 32 round machine pistol...

Can not imagine how awesome that Cleo .50 cal will be once it is the bigger meaner cousin.

Hopefully not bolt action and fires faster. Or at least faster bolt action.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
The Cleo Heavy Sniper is a Anti-Material Rifle, it's bolt action, releasing smoke upon firing, decapitates just about anything. carries 8 in the magazine, one in the chamber, reload is about 5 seconds I believe. it also penetrates through targets like any other anti-material would.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Is anyone else having problems leveling up their RT recruit's skills in the base game? I've leveled up a few skills but it seems like they have stopped. I've been using the lounge "watch training videos" to level up my other survivors so I'm wondering if that doesn't work on RT. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but it seems to improve before.

e5futter

Rescued Ally
carries 8 in the magazine, one in the chamber, reload is about 5 seconds I believe. .
It will only have 8, no one in chamber business with it since it uses two ammo per shot (and will not fire with one round left, thank you feral for letting me figure that one out). And reload can range between 1- 3 seconds depending on what the game wants. I've had the character instantly just put the magazine in and that was that, to taking the magazine out, putting new one in, pulling back, and done. (I only use Cleo heavy in Daybreak and use it a lot in base game)

It will only have 8, no one in chamber business with it since it uses two ammo per shot (and will not fire with one round left, thank you feral for letting me figure that one out). And reload can range between 1- 3 seconds depending on what the game wants. I've had the character instantly just put the magazine in and that was that, to taking the magazine out, putting new one in, pulling back, and done. (I only use Cleo heavy in Daybreak and use it a lot in base game)
Totally dead jealous now. I have only the first one unlocked in DB... second level is my goal with that cheevo for getting a screamer in base game.

Thinking might need someone to just join my story game. Let me get a shot off and return the rifle.

I have gotten the cheevos for no deaths, no breaches (and i was wall repair and solid reinforcer)

Daybreak is fun now, but ONLY when i do not suffer from disconnections and lose out on the rewards.

The double bullet rifle is awesome sauce but wish it had a larger cap than 8 bullets. I ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO cause of the ammo whores. They always load up on ammo and then use melee the entire time... while I am blasting away at frigging bloaters with expensive wastes of Cleo ammo.

There needs to be a quick swap function for the inventory... too many times I get nom nom on cause I am busy swapping over and a shoulder jumper comes from off screen and takes a bite.

Maltriagon

Rescued Ally
I have gotten the cheevos for no deaths, no breaches (and i was wall repair and solid reinforcer)

Daybreak is fun now, but ONLY when i do not suffer from disconnections and lose out on the rewards.

The double bullet rifle is awesome sauce but wish it had a larger cap than 8 bullets. I ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO cause of the ammo whores. They always load up on ammo and then use melee the entire time... while I am blasting away at frigging bloaters with expensive wastes of Cleo ammo.

There needs to be a quick swap function for the inventory... too many times I get nom nom on cause I am busy swapping over and a shoulder jumper comes from off screen and takes a bite.
I've been wanting a quick swap button since the first state of decay.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
The lag is horrendous. I played a few rounds today and the most recent game was terrible. I lost 3/4 health getting whopped by an invisible zed. Nothing on the mini map so I had no idea where it was coming from. Then I died during a jug knife kill animation on what I think was a surprise bloater that incapacitated me then I was finished off by the zeds. It was 6-7 seconds and I was dead, not even any chance to recover. The while I was re spawning the other 3 looted all my stuff (except for the gun and weapon) I ended up dying again after 4 of 5 walls came down and I got hammered by double plague jugs at once. We ended up failing not long after.

I'll be playing more in a few if anyone wants to invite me or join a game. So far I've just be jumping in random games and hoping for the best. Gamertag is borobomb91

e5futter

Rescued Ally
Typically, when a gun is totally empty, the reload anim takes longer.
Not the case with the CLEO heavy. I've had it reload while empty and the animation was just as if it wasn't empty and vice versa. It's a right pain in the ass when on the ground trying to take out the juggernauts because of how random the animations are.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Haven't used much of the Heavy because of the stupid lag.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Some people don't have any idea of how to use strategy. Its amazing how many of the games I played today was people shooting everything in the early round wasting ammo. Then at the end when they really need it they have none. I hoard ammo until wave 5 when the games throws multiple jugs at you.

I think some people don't realize that zeds don't de spawn after the wave ends. I saw a few people run off after the wave was over to get the cleo drops and leave zeds there to tear the walls down. Or leaves the feral inside the walls beating on the tech.

Also no one seems to know about teamwork. I can't count how many times I've gone to execute an armored zed from behind only for some jackass to attack it and knock it from my grapple then proceed to beat it with their weapon. I had an issue one round where I lured a plague jug away from the wall. Somehow I attracted the attention of a second. I'm out in the field fighting 2 plague jugs and my team mates run right past me and take everything from the cleo drops.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Some people don't have any idea of how to use strategy. Its amazing how many of the games I played today was people shooting everything in the early round wasting ammo. Then at the end when they really need it they have none. I hoard ammo until wave 5 when the games throws multiple jugs at you.

I think some people don't realize that zeds don't de spawn after the wave ends. I saw a few people run off after the wave was over to get the cleo drops and leave zeds there to tear the walls down. Or leaves the feral inside the walls beating on the tech.

Also no one seems to know about teamwork. I can't count how many times I've gone to execute an armored zed from behind only for some jackass to attack it and knock it from my grapple then proceed to beat it with their weapon. I had an issue one round where I lured a plague jug away from the wall. Somehow I attracted the attention of a second. I'm out in the field fighting 2 plague jugs and my team mates run right past me and take everything from the cleo drops.
If you have played the game Metal GEAR:Survive then you'll know there's more people doing this think you said. I don't know why but actually daybreak is very like metal gear survive, many be just a simple version. Yes,they're both strategy games, and if you don't have strategy, your resources can't enough to use.I'm not a guy who can play well in stratus, but ...leave zeds to hit the wall ? leave feral in the wall to beat tech? Don't they know that will cause game over?

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
If you have played the game Metal GEAR:Survive then you'll know there's more people doing this think you said. I don't know why but actually daybreak is very like metal gear survive, many be just a simple version. Yes,they're both strategy games, and if you don't have strategy, your resources can't enough to use.I'm not a guy who can play well in stratus, but ...leave zeds to hit the wall ? leave feral in the wall to beat tech? Don't they know that will cause game over?
BUT SUPPLIES! CLEO DROPS!

who cares if we lose as long as they get to that drop first and get the good items and ammo (so they can waste is shooting at armored zeds)

e5futter

Rescued Ally

I kinda look at Daybreak like this: Horde mode with the item/ammo management of a survival horror game. I don't use my rifle unless there's a juggernaut or a bloater is getting too close. Other than that I just melee since it's almost always 1-2 hit kills with the battle-axe.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I kinda look at Daybreak like this: Horde mode with the item/ammo management of a survival horror game. I don't use my rifle unless there's a juggernaut or a bloater is getting too close. Other than that I just melee since it's almost always 1-2 hit kills with the battle-axe.
Yeah I'm the same way. It just sucks using melee on something that teleports somewhere else. Happens when I go to grapple and execute from behind too. They usually teleport 180 so the grapple misses then I get hammer because the miss delay is so long.

But I'll give them credit there is no shortage of excitement. The team was out of wall repair kits on wave 7 and 3 walls were down. 3 plague jugs had gotten in. I lured one out in to the field. But then there were 2 ferals waiting for me. So I'm fighting off a plague jug 2 ferals plus some random zeds who chased me outside. I managed to kill everything and there were 45 seconds left and the other 2 plague jugs were smashing the rest of the team around. From out in the field I incapacitated 1 of them and the bell saved us from the last one.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie

I'm amazed that UL didn't have the forethought to lock and color code the drops the same way that coop is handled.

:cautious:

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
I'm amazed that UL didn't have the forethought to lock and color code the drops the same way that coop is handled.

:cautious:
That would be nice. And color code the equipment boxes inside the walls. Even better if they coded them and filled the drops with ammo for the equipped weapon. And stopped including unless melee weapons (I've never seen anyone take one from a drop)

Hahahah.

Reading these comments is hilarious!

Happy to see the awesomeness going on.

Side note.

It is hells hard to get more than 2 remote mines a stack... so i go cheevo hunting when paired with someone that hass the 999 remote mine mod/hack.

Last 5 cheevos to go... of which... don't use explosives is one of them... but then again...

Mod again... unlimited supply of ammo... and 128 round Cleo SMG.