State of Decay 2: Daybreak Released

IguanaC64

Missing Survivor
Seriously...I've had two issues that have been solved on their techsupport Discord channel. Last Tuesday night, I got on and had one Daybreak match (with one other person). After that, I couldn't get ANY matches. I got on their Discord channel, and their support guy had me join their game directly. Found out I needed to patch (the version error only seems to come up if you join someone's game...doesn't come up when trying to find rando matches). I guess the first guy hadn't patched, either.

The second issue was a longer time ago when the game would start, but then crash to desktop after the initial screen. They were less helpful then, but it did get me pointed in the direction of having to do a complete reinstall.

Sadly, it only seems to be one guy, but seems better than trying to get ahold of the random MS support employee. I'm curious what your experiences have been on the Discord channel.

do hope they balance things up with some Network related dlc
Heartland: the eternal search for Lily's medication! coming this March. :cool:
I'm curious what your experiences have been on the Discord channel.
A lot of voices talking over each other in a cacophonous mess that left me confused and irritated. Discord seems to discourage thoughtful discourse and buries replies too quickly for my liking. Though Kudos to whomever is giving technical support there. (y)

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Yeah, I've opted to stop playing for a bit because of this issue. Hopefully they either fix it or find a way to keep one's unlocks without having to start over.
I'm done as well. Between the headless zeds, the running after a target that you've 'locked on' and the 'executing dead zeds' on the wall issues I don't think I can take the stress.

My normal multiplayer games are now also failing after a few minutes with the same error message. Error 3 or something.

Banadages on tech guy, firat aid kits on yourself.

Now as for tye other failures the camera sucks in DB but is fine in SoD2 otherwise. Never feel my character blocks out the entire left side of the screen in SoD2. But DB i feel I impair myself. The Kodiac is my go to for fighting in DB as I have just 1 bullet 1 kill there with relative ease vs any other weapon I am worried I will end up wasting precious ammo on.

The Blue print guns are only Cleo guns... I mean the drum roll Kodiac would be nice, the EGIR 151 round Ak is better than the RT rifle. Weapon mods and attachements... hell would cut down on recoil...

Still feel so...

Dissapointed by this that I fear to even bother with what ever comes next.

I supported UL by buying 3 versions of OG (BD, and LL x 2) Yose, and the UEPO SoD2.

And I don't want to buy another.

Lack of servers in a multiplayer game leave me with spending my limited time fighting to connect (45 minutes to 1 hour wasted everytime)

And then all the wave 7 disconnects... I have suffered... close to 15 of those by now. Losing out on multiple achievements.

No deaths, no breaches, cleo drops, and others.

Going to get DB mods and mod my game. Cause my argument in old forum.

What happens if this "multiplayer experience fails and single player is the only way?" "I will then want my mods in my game"

I sadly don't feel the it is too easy.

If I can not get every single achievement in one playthrough the. It is not easy.

If I have to survive 4 rounds without using a gun myself and the AI use theirs and cost me a cheevo, it is not easy.

If I have to constantly run around like a headless chicken for "bonus 50 prestige" cause the game refuses to award me the unlocks due to me only being able to play single player. It is not too easy.

If i spend 1/2 of my time playing just to get to wave 7 and get a disconnect to ONLY get the prestige. Then the game is NOT TOO EASY.

If I have to carry many waves on my own cause the host is not that good of a player, hogs all the ammo, and does not share. If I have to get unlocks to be able to get wave 6 (mind you not getting any cause of being disconnected the entire time) it is not too easy.

So guys that say this is too easy in your near perfect experiences every time. Happy for you.

But in my experience this game is a GRIND that is not enjoying, not rewarding and NOT SOMETHING THAT I AM HAPPY WITH. I want choice of a proper loadout, 2? Smart mines? After having spent days and weeks and months of playing SoD2. Building up a proper base with better weapons than the crap we get. No. This game is not too easy.

The AI suck ass.
The connections suck ass.
And worst of all. The crap we get forced to accept as "bleeding edge tech" is actually a cosmetic load of shit. The RTX blade is still better ffs. Stamina, weight, everything is about the ability to survive.

Oh yes... WHO THE FUCK GIVES THE AI SHOTGUNS THE ENTIRE FUCKING TIME!!!! If It is going to give the AI weapons let me fucking well choose which guns we all get. Cause for fuckity fuck sake. 870's vs armored zeds the entire time while ignoring ALL THE OTHER ZEDS...

The fuck is this shit?

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
I sadly don't feel the it is too easy.

If I can not get every single achievement in one playthrough the. It is not easy.

If I have to survive 4 rounds without using a gun myself and the AI use theirs and cost me a cheevo, it is not easy.

If I have to constantly run around like a headless chicken for "bonus 50 prestige" cause the game refuses to award me the unlocks due to me only being able to play single player. It is not too easy.

If i spend 1/2 of my time playing just to get to wave 7 and get a disconnect to ONLY get the prestige. Then the game is NOT TOO EASY.

If I have to carry many waves on my own cause the host is not that good of a player, hogs all the ammo, and does not share. If I have to get unlocks to be able to get wave 6 (mind you not getting any cause of being disconnected the entire time) it is not too easy.

So guys that say this is too easy in your near perfect experiences every time. Happy for you.

But in my experience this game is a GRIND that is not enjoying, not rewarding and NOT SOMETHING THAT I AM HAPPY WITH. I want choice of a proper loadout, 2? Smart mines? After having spent days and weeks and months of playing SoD2. Building up a proper base with better weapons than the crap we get. No. This game is not too easy.

The AI suck ass.
The connections suck ass.
And worst of all. The crap we get forced to accept as "bleeding edge tech" is actually a cosmetic load of shit. The RTX blade is still better ffs. Stamina, weight, everything is about the ability to survive.

Oh yes... WHO THE FUCK GIVES THE AI SHOTGUNS THE ENTIRE FUCKING TIME!!!! If It is going to give the AI weapons let me fucking well choose which guns we all get. Cause for fuckity fuck sake. 870's vs armored zeds the entire time while ignoring ALL THE OTHER ZEDS...

The fuck is this shit?
On the topic of Daybreak's difficulty level, at the moment I'm inclined to say that Daybreak needs a complete rework.

Single player with bots is way too difficult, and multiplayer is just stupid fucking easy.

In single player, they would:
1) Need to reduce the number of bloaters and armored zeds
2) Increase the quantity and drop rate of explosive ordnance
3) Nerf the holy fuck out of armored zeds (at least let rifle bullets defeat their armor)
4) Increase the time between rounds
5) Add a fourth AI NPC (seriously, why the fuck does coop get 4 players, while single player only gets 3!?)

Multiplayer tweaks to make it harder:
1) Reduced time between rounds
2) More waves
3) Less wall repair kits (you shouldn't start with one)
4) Reduced inventory inside the 3 storage lockers (I've gone an entire game on just what was inside one box)
5) Less CLEO ammo and weapons and more bandages & FAKs
6) Make melee weapons actually break, otherwise, what is the point of dropping new ones?
7) Make guns jam!

Viperho

Rescued Ally
On the topic of Daybreak's difficulty level, at the moment I'm inclined to say that Daybreak needs a complete rework.

Single player with bots is way too difficult, and multiplayer is just stupid fucking easy.

In single player, they would:
1) Need to reduce the number of bloaters and armored zeds
2) Increase the quantity and drop rate of explosive ordnance
3) Nerf the holy fuck out of armored zeds (at least let rifle bullets defeat their armor)
4) Increase the time between rounds
5) Add a fourth AI NPC (seriously, why the fuck does coop get 4 players, while single player only gets 3!?)

Multiplayer tweaks to make it harder:
1) Reduced time between rounds
2) More waves
3) Less wall repair kits (you shouldn't start with one)
4) Reduced inventory inside the 3 storage lockers (I've gone an entire game on just what was inside one box)
5) Less CLEO ammo and weapons and more bandages & FAKs
6) Make melee weapons actually break, otherwise, what is the point of dropping new ones?
7) Make guns jam!

Amen, brother. Its almost like UL was trolling single players with their decisions for Daybreak, lol.