State of Decay 2: Daybreak Released

Damn. A teacher's symposium and I am 2 hours away by 200/mph speed train...

So my computer will be waiting for me when I get back home... and then it is weekend... fudge sticks... waiting till Monday next week to play properly...

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
How? I was stuck on way five before I had to get offline
CLEO land mines...lots and lots of CLEO land mines... the worst one "We got a whole horde of freaks incoming" from Sasquatch. That was wave 7 and it started with 3 blood juggernauts, two ferals, 4 bloaters and a dozen or so of the armored zeds. I laid land mines galore all across the front and back of the gates...so I detonated everything to save my walls.

I'll also note, CLEO drops spawn between 3 times at Wave 1 and 2's end and up to 6 times by Wave 4-6

e5futter

Rescued Ally
CLEO land mines...lots and lots of CLEO land mines... the worst one "We got a whole horde of freaks incoming" from Sasquatch. That was wave 7 and it started with 3 blood juggernauts, two ferals, 4 bloaters and a dozen or so of the armored zeds. I laid land mines galore all across the front and back of the gates...so I detonated everything to save my walls.
Haven't got the mines yet, just those damned grenades. I also go unarmed so I can insta kill the downed armored Zed's. I rock the wolverine for clearing ferals and zeds. Sormbringer for juggernauts.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Haven't got the mines yet, just those damned grenades. I also go unarmed so I can insta kill the downed armored Zed's. I rock the wolverine for clearing ferals and zeds. Sormbringer for juggernauts.
I think Wave 3's CLEO beacons had the remote minefields in that game. I know by Wave 4,5,6 that I had at least 12 packs of them. The firebombs were basically useless when thrown from above so I kept jumping down into the fray and running back and forth as a strafing fighter.

The NPCs will also replace walls on their own randomly, so that was a bonus.

@SailorWolf I was able to download it through the Xbox game menu, but not from the store. Only a 10MB file so no waiting!

As for the game, almost through wave four in first sitting, but didn't get anything "fun" from any CLEO drops, just firebombs, wall kits and shotgun ammo!

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
so you got 805 points for that clear if I add up all values?.....how much do stuff cost? just to min-max what's the minimum ammount of clears you'd need to unlock everything
It's 3,225 Prestige, I think, per Red Talon soldier...so I'd need to do at least 4 full clears to get 1 soldier. You can have up to 10 in your base community so 40 full clears + 1 partial clears to get a full base of Red Talon soldiers.

Weapons in the base game, not sure yet...I only unlocked 1 base game weapon with that.