SoD2 Q & A

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
Sooooo . . . . no livestream from UL in nearly a month. Or has it been OVER a month now? Do any "insiders" here have any plausible rumors or speculations or heresays they'd care to drop?

UL is clearly hard at work on something.
Stream's returning on Monday, possibly with the announcement of their next big community requested update/patch. Update will most likely release next week as well since that's how things have pretty much been done with them. I just hope there's some bug fixes in the one.

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
Question regarding Heartland: in order to unlock the 'Playing Doctor' achievement (use plague cure 100 times on another survivor), do all 100 uses have to be in a single game?

I'm pretty sure I've used more than 100 cures on NPC survivors.

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
Question regarding Heartland: in order to unlock the 'Playing Doctor' achievement (use plague cure 100 times on another survivor), do all 100 uses have to be in a single game?

I'm pretty sure I've used more than 100 cures on NPC survivors.
It counts for multiple playthroughs. Helped a friend get her last 40 just a couple weeks ago.

phil

Alamo Rookie
Just a quick question to you kind people out there.

What facility for the medical facility that will heal survivors over time. They will be at home drinking flat beer or whatever inactive survivors do

CaptainAssassin

Zed Hunter
What facility for the medical facility that will heal survivors over time. They will be at home drinking flat beer or whatever inactive survivors do
If you're talking about healing trauma (injuries) of inactive survivors, you need the Infirmary-2 (or higher) for passive recovery to occur.
You can also attach the "Cast-Making Kit" ...which boosts injury recovery by another +25%

If you're talking about healing vitality (health) of inactive survivors, there's no mod for that. But there is a "Stabilizing Foam" mod that will allow for instant health recovery of your current survivor.

Last edited:

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
Inactive survivors sit around eating beans when not using the facilities. You could always build 2 infirmaries to have both mods (cast & foam) to heal injuries more quickly then instaheal life.

I usually find it most convenient to keep the foam installed all the time unless I'll be crafting something. Go home, heal plague percentage, use foam, and go back out. If someone is actually injured, swap to another character & keep going.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
The field hospital has options to heal all injuries or plague sickness at once. Expensive in meds, but cheaper than using them individually if you have more than 2 or maybe 3 affected characters.

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
Regarding the 'survive 100 days' achievement:

Does this have to be done all in one map or can you switch maps?

CaptainAssassin

Zed Hunter
Regarding the 'survive 100 days' achievement:

Does this have to be done all in one map or can you switch maps?
You may swap maps. Nothing says on the achievement description otherwise
I had issues with mine completing, @Kelso and @Cejao too. The achievement tracker was being weird, and there were several in-game days that didn't seem to tally.

But no, bugginess aside, you do NOT have to stay on the same map. Just stay in the same difficulty.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
If you play on PC can you mod items into your inventory and/or locker? I'm wondering if a PC player would be willing to donate some red talon facilities to me. I'm short on prestiege and it takes way to long to ear enough to buy them myself. I'd try and mod them myself but my computer isn't good enough to run SOD2

QMJS

Zed Hunter
If you play on PC can you mod items into your inventory and/or locker? I'm wondering if a PC player would be willing to donate some red talon facilities to me. I'm short on prestiege and it takes way to long to ear enough to buy them myself. I'd try and mod them myself but my computer isn't good enough to run SOD2
If nobody gets back to you, go to the state of decay 2 modding discord (see link in https://www.draakdorei.com/forums/threads/state-of-decay-2-mod-tool-official-version-1-1.567/page-7#post-46279). Look for the channel called "Item Requests". The people there are generally ready to join you and hand over the loot.