SoD2 Q & A

I've had to use the radio option to locate the last one or two hearts. It's ~350i, but worth it imo by that point in the game.
I've found Drone Recon to be a good option too, if you use it every time it's available while driving around the map doing other stuff chances are you'll find all the hearts long before you need to worry about killing the last one.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
I've spent most of the map driving around with the survey car.

I think I've killed 6 hearts and there are 3 left on my map.

Rediculous that there isn't some kind of counter to show you've killed x amount. This is end game after all, there should be numbers.

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
How many plague hearts are there per map?

I haven't cleared a map yet. I took 5 down last night, and I've done one or two previously this map.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
How many plague hearts are there per map?

I haven't cleared a map yet. I took 5 down last night, and I've done one or two previously this map.
The normal count is 10 but it can reach as high as 12.....there are 2 missions that will spawn hearts of there own in some cases. I've drove up to the last heart "Are we sure this is the last one" so I thought cool as I drove to my nearest outpost then a mission for a group wanting to take out a heart. Cool I even got help so I pick them up and the heart they want to take out was in a building I just looted 10 minutes earlier lol

The normal count is 10 but it can reach as high as 12.....there are 2 missions that will spawn hearts of there own in some cases. I've drove up to the last heart "Are we sure this is the last one" so I thought cool as I drove to my nearest outpost then a mission for a group wanting to take out a heart. Cool I even got help so I pick them up and the heart they want to take out was in a building I just looted 10 minutes earlier lol
Wow, I assumed those missions were simply pointing me towards preexisting one. Bit of a shock, that. Good catch.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Wow, I assumed those missions were simply pointing me towards preexisting one. Bit of a shock, that. Good catch.
For the most part they do but in rare cases they'll spawn their own. It's something to do with missions spawns....if you have one heart left and someone at your base wants to take it out it becomes mission marked. Then the game spawns a outside your group heart mission since the last heart is already a mission it makes a new heart. Makes me think the game doesn't have a true set number of hearts but I've never had to take out more than 12 on any given map

@SailorWolf
Okay, that makes sense. Personally, counting the plague hearts isn't something I do. Considering how infrequent my playtime has become in the last few months, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn there had been twelve or more per map.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
@SailorWolf
Okay, that makes sense. Personally, counting the plague hearts isn't something I do. Considering how infrequent my playtime has become in the last few months, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn there had been twelve or more per map.
I keep a rough count in most runs but playing 3 groups causes me to lose track at times. It's always sweet to find the survey car early on and just hunt them all down right at the start :)

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
I still have redzeds roaming the streets, but I cannot find any red misty buildings. I'll need to use the 'find heart' command. It's been around 10 game days, and I've had no missions to find them and the 'kill hearts' is still active.

Also no incrementing my trader missions in a while...

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
Did a quick map lap after moving to Drucker. 11 Plague Heart buildings on map, no calls yet to eliminate. Maybe another group will spawn more. Yep, survey car is awesome.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
I've got a question about starting a new game: Is there any way to start a new game or over write the current community that you have without deleting that save slot?

Also, if I have to delete a save in order to start over, will deleting that save also delete any previous communities and saved survivors and legacy boons?

I'm only 10 days into my newest game and my jolly little group of dipshits has irked me enough that I'm thinking about restarting. I don't want to delete the save in order to start over if it means loosing my previous 2 communities of survivors and the unlocked legacy boons.

Also, if anybody is going to be on Xbawx One this weekend, I'd like to try getting a couple of the Daybreak achievements knocked out. I'd be looking at doing this on Sunday.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
I've got a question about starting a new game: Is there any way to start a new game or over write the current community that you have without deleting that save slot?

Also, if I have to delete a save in order to start over, will deleting that save also delete any previous communities and saved survivors and legacy boons?

I'm only 10 days into my newest game and my jolly little group of dipshits has irked me enough that I'm thinking about restarting. I don't want to delete the save in order to start over if it means loosing my previous 2 communities of survivors and the unlocked legacy boons.

Also, if anybody is going to be on Xbawx One this weekend, I'd like to try getting a couple of the Daybreak achievements knocked out. I'd be looking at doing this on Sunday.
If you are using all three slots, then the only option is to delete a community to start a new one. With the latest patch, legacy characters aren't deleted, but non-legacy will go bye-bye.

Deleting one save doesn't have any impact on the others and certainly doesn't nuke any unlocked legacy boons.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
If you are using all three slots, then the only option is to delete a community to start a new one. With the latest patch, legacy characters aren't deleted, but non-legacy will go bye-bye.

Deleting one save doesn't have any impact on the others and certainly doesn't nuke any unlocked legacy boons.
Thank you.

I will be deleting this shit stain community and starting from scratch tomorrow.

TyAT101

Missing Survivor
OK so, survivor cap is 9 still? or is it 10 now i thought I read somewhere. Anyways I had my first survivor die since launch yesterday because you cannot roll near juggernauts in melee range or you are stumbled like a drunken sailor and he ripped me apart at full health. Rookie move. So I had 12 total in my community. I got rid of the 3 civilians because they didn't have any skills anyways. leaving me to 8, I got rid of another civi so I could recruit 2 more red talon. I am at 7 total in my community right now. But I cannot recruit anyone. The game says i'm full. What's the deal? I heard about the game thinking you still had the max amount even if you lost some to death or exiled others or w/e. Should be fixed by now. Any workarounds/ fixes?

OK so, survivor cap is 9 still? or is it 10 now i thought I read somewhere.
IME you can break the 9 mold in a couple of different ways:

9 + 1 RT recruit
9 + 3 (a specific mission where you have the opportunity to recruit a totally helpless, cannon-fodder enclave)

As for the ghost member bug, I dunno if there's any solution yet.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
IME you can break the 9 mold in a couple of different ways:

9 + 1 RT recruit
9 + 3 (a specific mission where you have the opportunity to recruit a totally helpless, cannon-fodder enclave)

As for the ghost member bug, I dunno if there's any solution yet.
Or, if you are not planning on finishing a legacy, but are going to move to a new map, use a builder leader. Once you clear the hearts, you will get several missions that allow you to recruit up to 12. Once done, just don't start the final mission, and move on with your 12 people.

TyAT101

Missing Survivor
Thank you both for the reply. Looks like I just wasted a lot of time grinding out RT operators for a 9 + 3 community if I can't find a way past 7 now. Back to Google it seems.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Thank you both for the reply. Looks like I just wasted a lot of time grinding out RT operators for a 9 + 3 community if I can't find a way past 7 now. Back to Google it seems.
I missed that part of the question. You do need to have one of the bigger bases to be able to recruit all the way to the limit. I think you may also need to have enough beds, but I am not completely sure about that.