SoD2 Q & A

I've had to use the radio option to locate the last one or two hearts. It's ~350i, but worth it imo by that point in the game.
I've found Drone Recon to be a good option too, if you use it every time it's available while driving around the map doing other stuff chances are you'll find all the hearts long before you need to worry about killing the last one.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
I've spent most of the map driving around with the survey car.

I think I've killed 6 hearts and there are 3 left on my map.

Rediculous that there isn't some kind of counter to show you've killed x amount. This is end game after all, there should be numbers.

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
How many plague hearts are there per map?

I haven't cleared a map yet. I took 5 down last night, and I've done one or two previously this map.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
How many plague hearts are there per map?

I haven't cleared a map yet. I took 5 down last night, and I've done one or two previously this map.
The normal count is 10 but it can reach as high as 12.....there are 2 missions that will spawn hearts of there own in some cases. I've drove up to the last heart "Are we sure this is the last one" so I thought cool as I drove to my nearest outpost then a mission for a group wanting to take out a heart. Cool I even got help so I pick them up and the heart they want to take out was in a building I just looted 10 minutes earlier lol

The normal count is 10 but it can reach as high as 12.....there are 2 missions that will spawn hearts of there own in some cases. I've drove up to the last heart "Are we sure this is the last one" so I thought cool as I drove to my nearest outpost then a mission for a group wanting to take out a heart. Cool I even got help so I pick them up and the heart they want to take out was in a building I just looted 10 minutes earlier lol
Wow, I assumed those missions were simply pointing me towards preexisting one. Bit of a shock, that. Good catch.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Wow, I assumed those missions were simply pointing me towards preexisting one. Bit of a shock, that. Good catch.
For the most part they do but in rare cases they'll spawn their own. It's something to do with missions spawns....if you have one heart left and someone at your base wants to take it out it becomes mission marked. Then the game spawns a outside your group heart mission since the last heart is already a mission it makes a new heart. Makes me think the game doesn't have a true set number of hearts but I've never had to take out more than 12 on any given map

@SailorWolf
Okay, that makes sense. Personally, counting the plague hearts isn't something I do. Considering how infrequent my playtime has become in the last few months, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn there had been twelve or more per map.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
@SailorWolf
Okay, that makes sense. Personally, counting the plague hearts isn't something I do. Considering how infrequent my playtime has become in the last few months, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn there had been twelve or more per map.
I keep a rough count in most runs but playing 3 groups causes me to lose track at times. It's always sweet to find the survey car early on and just hunt them all down right at the start :)

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
I still have redzeds roaming the streets, but I cannot find any red misty buildings. I'll need to use the 'find heart' command. It's been around 10 game days, and I've had no missions to find them and the 'kill hearts' is still active.

Also no incrementing my trader missions in a while...

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
Did a quick map lap after moving to Drucker. 11 Plague Heart buildings on map, no calls yet to eliminate. Maybe another group will spawn more. Yep, survey car is awesome.