SoD2 Q & A

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Not sure how many survivors' looks in SoD 2 were the result of the scanned faces of friends' and family members of UL's staff; but I sincerely hope any future survivors added to the game are created from whole cloth. And that they're, uh . . . how does one phrase this delicately . . . a little bit easier on the eyes? I'm a big proponent of loyalty; but in the realm of creativity, all things . . . including family and friends . . . must be subordinate to the Art. And if your face doesn't hum, it don't make the cut. Enough with the homely wallflowers.

Bring back characters (if only in appearance) like Maya Torres and Amelia Crasman and Mickey Wilkerson and Rebecca Collins and Royell Vincent and Alicia Hawkes. In other words, yeah, bring back good-looking survivors who are actually pleasant to look at.

This Mass Effect Andromeda-like decision to (largely) jettison handsome character models in favor of their distinctly non-pulchritudinous counterparts is . . . well, it's obnoxious.
Yeah, I noticed that pretty much ALL of my current survivors are 35+ year old looking cancer survivors, pro fishermen and political science professors.
:cautious:

So yeah... Bring back the young blood.

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
Yeah, I noticed that pretty much ALL of my current survivors are 35+ year old looking cancer survivors, pro fishermen and political science professors.
:cautious:

So yeah... Bring back the young blood.
I always get the guy with the vacant expression with his mouth open. It seems to be used a lot more than the other male faces in my games. You'd know the face I'm talking about if you saw it. The one where he looks either really stoned or like he just had a stroke.

Just this second found a note on a dead Network agent that reads thus: "I saw a feral today that I swear was all red and bloody. But freaks don't carry blood plague, right?"

Uh, is this a newly added note? And (*gulp) might it mean . . .

Soooo . . . do any of you think UL is gonna add special Halloween DLC (or somesuch goodies) for the month of October?

What kind of Halloween-oriented content would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see a "Dead Reckoning"-like zombie-proof vehicle added to the game. The reference, of course, is from Romero's fourth Dead film, "Land of the Dead." The Dead Reckoning (or whatever UL names it) could be a fully upgradable RV (like it is in the movie) or perhaps a modified military truck, one that, at its peak level of enhanced modification/optimization, is impossible for the zeds to either damage or destroy (which means no more torn-away doors or survivors' being yanked outside). Hell, they might even be able to equip the thing with an Advanced Defense Mobile Weapons System (ADMWS) by way of C.L.E.O. That, and the option to "paint" the vehicle with a palette of assorted (i.e., themed) skins.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Personally, I'd like to see a "Dead Reckoning"-like zombie-proof vehicle added to the game. The reference, of course, is from Romero's fourth Dead film, "Land of the Dead." The Dead Reckoning (or whatever UL names it) could be a fully upgradable RV (like it is in the movie) or perhaps a modified military truck, one that, at its peak level of enhanced modification/optimization, is impossible for the zeds to either damage or destroy (which means no more torn-away doors or survivors' being yanked outside). Hell, they might even be able to equip the thing with an Advanced Defense Mobile Weapons System (ADMWS) by way of C.L.E.O. That, and the option to "paint" the vehicle with a palette of assorted (i.e., themed) skins.
If it functioned like a mobile supply locker, that'd be good enough for me.
:cool:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Anybody know if you can move into a home base that is occupied by an enclave? I had an enclave move there, but was thinking about moving there myself.

Also, what are the specializations for chemists and computers? I don't want to off these people because two of them are chemists and one is a computer nerd.

Also, what base would be the best choice for a trader on Drucker County?

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
You have 2 choices you can kill them or just recruit one of them :)
Is it possible to recruit more than one person from an enclave? I ended up recruiting a random survivor that I bailed out who had computers and near max wits, who also happened to be a trader type leader.

Also, does anybody know if we have a SoD2 home base guide yet? I was looking around earlier and didn't see one.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Is it possible to recruit more than one person from an enclave? I ended up recruiting a random survivor that I bailed out who had computers and near max wits, who also happened to be a trader type leader.

Also, does anybody know if we have a SoD2 home base guide yet? I was looking around earlier and didn't see one.
As far as I know you can only recruit one cause the of two will run off. In some rare cases (and if you have room) if a npc from a enclave dies while on a mission with you the others from the enclave will want to join your group. I've only had happen twice so it's really hit or miss.

As for a base guide I us this one https://www.primagames.com/games/state-of-decay-2/tips/state-decay-2-all-home-base-locations

Soooo . . .

Does anyone know if UL has confirmed that there will (or that there will NOT) be any Hallowwen specific DLC?

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a hypothetical Q&A between some UL devs and myself went thus:

ME: So, are you guys doing anything special with SoD 2 for Halloween?

UL: Huh?

ME: Halloween's around the corner. Are you guys planning any special DLC for the game?

UL: Uh, women work here, too, thanks very much. This isn't a male-centric workspace environment.

ME: Oh, I know. Sorry. I meant "guys" in the common, gender-neutral sense.

UL: Please. We don't need your pathetic mansplaining. It's time you checked your privilege.

ME: Uh . . . right. Anyway, about that Halloween question I asked.

UL: Huh?

ME: Will there be any Halloween-themed DLC for SoD 2?

UL: Now why in the Godess's name would we do that?

ME: Uh . . . er . . . umm . . . Well, it is Halloween. I mean, this time of year does lend itself to scary stuff and all that. And you did do the Independence Day-themed pack, so I just figured . . .

UL: The Independence Day pack allowed players to confront zeds that were dressed like the so-called "Forefathers," but who were actually nothing BUT privileged white tyrants. And so we wanted to give players the ultimate power fantasy of speaking Truth to power, and let them shoot, burn, explode, and mow down thousands of those Red, White, and Blue fascist bastards.

ME: So there's not gonna be any--

UL: Besides, there are two people on the UL team who find Halloween offensive.

ME: So that's a "no."

UL: You must be a genius.

The only time I know of is when you have the former soldier enclave pop up - one of the quests let's you recruit a member (Out of three options, others are convince him to go back or leave).

This doesn't make the remaining two hostile, and when they hit allied status you can recruit another. The enclave then disbands as normal.

I'm not sure if you can do the same with the mechanics, I've never finished their quests.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Remind me again - to get the legacy mission final to pop, I have to clear out all hearts first ? IS there a counter, or is it just how many visual hearts are on the screen. (I have survey car and have crawled the map already)

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Remind me again - to get the legacy mission final to pop, I have to clear out all hearts first ? IS there a counter, or is it just how many visual hearts are on the screen. (I have survey car and have crawled the map already)
I've had to use the radio option to locate the last one or two hearts. It's ~350i, but worth it imo by that point in the game.