SoD2 Q & A

Just unlocked (and purchased) the "CLEO CORE" facility mod (wheeew!), and I'm wondering if anyone here knows the following:

1) does it occupy an indoor or outdoor slot?

2) is it a large or small facility?

Thanks!

So I started my BUILDER playthrough . . . and just hit a wall.

The sub-mission is part of the USEFUL FACILITIES main mission. It has instructed me to "Build a facility that will provide water." Uh, the only facility I know of that provides water is the sill. I'm securely hunkered down at the Barricaded Strip Mall in Drucker County; the last thing I wanna do is move. What facility--if any--can I build to satisfy this mission requirement?

Edit:

Oh wait. The fucking Water Collector.

Yeah. It's late.

Last edited:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
So I started my BUILDER playthrough . . . and just hit a wall.

The sub-mission is part of the USEFUL FACILITIES main mission. It has instructed me to "Build a facility that will provide water." Uh, the only facility I know of that provides water is the sill. I'm securely hunkered down at the Barricaded Strip Mall in Drucker County; the last thing I wanna do is move. What facility--if any--can I build to satisfy this mission requirement?

Edit:

Oh wait. The fucking Water Collector.

Yeah. It's late.

At this point, does anyone know how-- if at all--I can obtain the pre-order "Survivor's Pack" (which contains the Vagabond "Gambler" jeep)? I KNEW I should have pre-ordered this one from Amazon, as the Vagabond is my favorite vehicle (in terms of looks and handling) in the game.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
At this point, does anyone know how-- if at all--I can obtain the pre-order "Survivor's Pack" (which contains the Vagabond "Gambler" jeep)? I KNEW I should have pre-ordered this one from Amazon, as the Vagabond is my favorite vehicle (in terms of looks and handling) in the game.
What's wrong with all the other Vagabonds? IMO, it wasn't worth the preorder just to get an orange jeep.

I'm honestly surprised they just don't make all dlc content available after a certain point.

What's wrong with all the other Vagabonds? IMO, it wasn't worth the preorder just to get an orange jeep.
I don't think any of the "vendor exclusive" vehicles can be upgraded either...

I don't think any of the "vendor exclusive" vehicles can be upgraded either...
Well, here's the deal, guys. I dive deep into the role-playing aspect of any RPG I play. As such, like many who role-play, I create elaborate backgrounds for my characters and I tend to get attached to specific objects I associate with said characters.

Enter Becca, a random survivor I recruited within two hours of firing up SoD 2 (on May 18). Not only has she become my favorite; she's also the only one, after three playthroughs, that I haven't left behind (even though her only perk is "Driving").

Now enter the jeep vehicle. It happened to be just outside the house Becca was occupying when I recruited her. So I had her go back for it after she was officially a member of the community, and, well, it's belonged to her ever since. Problem is, whenever I pack up and move on (via a new game or a map change), I'm at the mercy of pure luck re: whether or not the jeep spawns (and even if it does, it may not be the exact color . . . or be sporting the State of Decay logo on the driver's-side door). And I hate being in thrall to chance. Hate it.

And so now, I'm slapping myself silly for not pre-ordering it from Amazon when I had the chance. Becca needs her fucking jeep!

Thus, my inquiries. If UL made those erstwhile pre-order vehicles available as a DLC, I'd buy that Jeep in a heartbeat. Failing that, I don't know what to do.

Nevertheless, I have a nagging suspicion that there most certainly IS a way to get it; I simply lack the knowledge. And I figured if my suspicion was correct--if there is a way--SOMEBODY on this forum would know it. And help me.

Addendum: I'm not interested in modifying the jeep. I'll take it as is.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Well, here's the deal, guys. I dive deep into the role-playing aspect of any RPG I play. As such, like many who role-play, I create elaborate backgrounds for my characters and I tend to get attached to specific objects I associate with said characters.

Enter Becca, a random survivor I recruited within two hours of firing up SoD 2 (on May 18). Not only has she become my favorite; she's also the only one, after three playthroughs, that I haven't left behind (even though her only perk is "Driving").

Now enter the jeep vehicle. It happened to be just outside the house Becca was occupying when I recruited her. So I had her go back for it after she was officially a member of the community, and, well, it's belonged to her ever since. Problem is, whenever I pack up and move on (via a new game or a map change), I'm at the mercy of pure luck re: whether or not the jeep spawns (and even if it does, it may not be the exact color . . . or be sporting the State of Decay logo on the driver's-side door). And I hate being in thrall to chance. Hate it.

And so now, I'm slapping myself silly for not pre-ordering it from Amazon when I had the chance. Becca needs her fucking jeep!

Thus, my inquiries. If UL made those erstwhile pre-order vehicles available as a DLC, I'd buy that Jeep in a heartbeat. Failing that, I don't know what to do.

Nevertheless, I have a nagging suspicion that there most certainly IS a way to get it; I simply lack the knowledge. And I figured if my suspicion was correct--if there is a way--SOMEBODY on this forum would know it. And help me.

Do you have the auto mechanic enclave? They give you a radio option similar to Ray Santos from SoD that gives you a car on demand. Beyond that, I don't know how you would go about getting the pre order dlc at this time.

Do you have the auto mechanic enclave? They give you a radio option similar to Ray Santos from SoD that gives you a car on demand. Beyond that, I don't know how you would go about getting the pre order dlc at this time.
Not sure about the automechanic enclave (which sounds practical), but at least one forum member explained I could retain a specific vehicle of choice by using said vehicle when transitioning to a new map. The fact that I didn't know this (especially after five months immersed in the game) is a little embarrassing. But now I know. And my SoD 2 experience has thus been enrichened.

Not sure how many survivors' looks in SoD 2 were the result of the scanned faces of friends' and family members of UL's staff; but I sincerely hope any future survivors added to the game are created from whole cloth. And that they're, uh . . . how does one phrase this delicately . . . a little bit easier on the eyes? I'm a big proponent of loyalty; but in the realm of creativity, all things . . . including family and friends . . . must be subordinate to the Art. And if your face doesn't hum, it don't make the cut. Enough with the homely wallflowers.

Bring back characters (if only in appearance) like Maya Torres and Amelia Crasman and Mickey Wilkerson and Rebecca Collins and Royell Vincent and Alicia Hawkes. In other words, yeah, bring back good-looking survivors who are actually pleasant to look at.

This Mass Effect Andromeda-like decision to (largely) jettison handsome character models in favor of their distinctly non-pulchritudinous counterparts is . . . well, it's obnoxious.

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally

I only played co-op for like 2 days back when it first came out but do you know if guest players can radio in stuff? I have the Survivor's pack and would just call in the jeep for you in your game but I don't remember if it works that way.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
I only played co-op for like 2 days back when it first came out but do you know if guest players can radio in stuff? I have the Survivor's pack and would just call in the jeep for you in your game but I don't remember if it works that way.
I believe you cannot call any DLC vehicles in the game, it's locked to the Host's server/game and also locked behind a paywall whereas the person who does not own any DLC cannot get the vehicle in their game, nor pickup any weapons that are DLC related. but he can drive the jeep in your game with his benefited perks. (I believe)