SoD2 Q & A

to each their own I suppose.
And then I murdered them all. It was beautiful. Watching some hipster type run into a horde and meet a Feral, Bloater and a Juggy and "try" and fight them off. But die a horrible meaningful death. That then gets idiot 1 and two to try and "avenge" the first guys's death but also get dead too.

It is just beautiful. And they sometimes have cool stuff too.

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Or
Just remember to uninstall your facility mods and load them onto your favorite survivors before anything else, especially the network signal booster and compost bin if you have them.
join my game and get free stuff.

I give away 3,000 rounds of ammo every few play hours. Last kid to join me got level 5 rewards. As I have +300% influence earned all 10 members have +30% influence gained.

Mad Dog Kelso

Alamo Rookie
Wednesday should be fine. I am GMT+8 Beijing time. Should be free when you are available. Just need to double check with the boss.

She will argue that it late and I must go sleep.
Lol. Yep, I remember those halcyon days!

Okay, so according to the website I'm looking at, it's currently 7:12 p.m. in Beijing.

And it's 7:12 a.m. in FLorida.

So, if we begin playing around 8 a.m. MY time Wednesday, it'll be around 8 p.m. YOUR time.

Does that timeframe work for you?

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Lol. Yep, I remember those halcyon days!

Okay, so according to the website I'm looking at, it's currently 7:12 p.m. in Beijing.

And it's 7:12 a.m. in FLorida.

So, if we begin playing around 8 a.m. MY time Wednesday, it'll be around 8 p.m. YOUR time.

Does that timeframe work for you?
Would work. Just have have double my schedule.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Just wanted to clear something up. Someone posted wiping all the hearts before picking a leader = Fail.....That is untrue and is one of the better way of playing the game. Mainly because you'll end up with more leaders to pick from and it works with any Legacy. I know first hand as I tested it on all of them :)

Sad that "Daybreak" drops very soon and none of us are talking about it. (Or perhaps people are talking . . . on a thread I'm not aware of.) If the former (no thread; no enthusiastic posts about DB), it goes to show how lukewarm the community has become toward SoD 2. It's understandable. A pure "horde" mode is something few of us asked for, and even fewer expected. But since these days I'm wearing my Optimism Hat vis-a-vis SoD 2, I'll just say that I'm at least interested in how challenging DB will truly be. Especially in light of the fact that the devs pretty much all but openly stated that levels 6 and 7 are next to impossible. So there's that.

Have fun with it, kids!

Sad that "Daybreak" drops very soon and none of us are talking about it.
I think that's a symptom of there being little to talk about. It's wave based gameplay and although we've not been shown every wave, it's easy to extrapolate what we're going to be doing in the DLC. Basically, if you've seen one wave, you've seen them all.
It's understandable. A pure "horde" mode is something few of us asked for, and even fewer expected.
One also should consider that horde game modes hit their peak earlier in the decade. Gears 2 and 3 Call of Duty's zombie mode; even Mass Effect 3 got in the trend. It's a bit played out, if you'll pardon the pun, at this point. Unless UL was doing something really new with the concept - and that does not appear to be the case - then I'm not surprised Daybreak isn't garnering much buzz.
Especially in light of the fact that the devs pretty much all but openly stated that levels 6 and 7 are next to impossible. So there's that.
Some group will beat it no doubt, but I'll likely not be numbered among them. Back in the day, I'd take on Gears 2 and 3 horde mode by myself and see how many waves I could get, but that sort of experience doesn't interest me anymore. Not to say I won't play. Owning the Ultimate edition means Daybreak is already paid for so I might as well give it a whirl.

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
From what I've seen in gameplay videos late waves might be impossible not because it's hard on the player but because how dumb and useless the AI seems to be, should be fairly easy to complete those waves for anyone playing in co-op and having working brain cells

Shady Allie

Rescued Ally
From what I've seen in gameplay videos late waves might be impossible not because it's hard on the player but because how dumb and useless the AI seems to be, should be fairly easy to complete those waves for anyone playing in co-op and having working brain cells
play it like an mmo raid. everyone has a job, and everyone knows their job.
"wall repair" guy, "protect the ai" gal, "zombie destroyer" friend, random "I am not listening to anyone and will do whatever I want" drop in/dropout unknown player (might be awesome might be troll)
Everyone has a mic, and everyone communicates (except random unknown player, who will continue to do whatever they want)

You're likely correct. Unfortunately, as I can't play Co-op this may prove an insurmountable challenge. Also, it's a little annoying Daybreak's designed around four player Co-op but if you're alone they only give one AI companion.

I'm going to see how far I can get solo, but do want to complete it for completions sake (as I doubt there will be any hints to story) so will have to find some people to co-op with!