SoD2 Q & A

They've reused some of the building models from SoD1 which is fine. I'm happy to see some of the bigger building models like the fire department return too. I've been keeping my eye out for the building models used for The Courthouse, and Blaine/s Grocery. Has anyone seen these building models/interiors????
I haven't.

Final mission. Give us your base.
Is this true? I've never gone past the first mission with those types as their demands are offensive. One time I even made the trip to tell them in person that I wasn't going to be giving them the ammo they wanted. To which they responded, "We'll let it go this time, but next time we want something you better deliver or else." This group was so out of touch with reality, I couldn't help but laugh at the silliness of it all.
2013 till 2018... and all we got was a half baked burning brown bag on our porch.
It's not quite as bad as you claim, but it does feel as if the game is more an upgrade than a new experience. I realize that the Halo and Call of Duty franchises have inured us to this sort of thing but it somehow feels cheaper here. Likely due to the overall lack of polish compared to those games.

Yet some of us think it actually is.
Everyone's mileage is going to vary to some degree. For me the game is a disappointment; not a good follow up to SoD but as I'll likely get a hundred or so hours of entertainment out of it, I'd hesitate to call it crap. Underwhelming and unrefined? Certainly, but if I've the want to kill some zeds it'll work well enough. Not exactly a ringing endorsement mind, but I'm not calling for it to be dragged into the depths of hell either.

If I were to give it a score it be 5/10 wholly average and unremarkable but serviceable enough.

I've noticed a couple of things re: Red Talon missions.

First, they are organized into multiple Units. Different RT operatives have different Unit Names.

And second, every so often one of the operatives will mention that Red Talon's been "watching" me, and that I'm looking more and more like the kind of person they seek to "recruit."

What do you guys' think? Is any of this foreshadowing for future DLC? Or is it merely fleeting, meaningless prattle that will end in the same narrative Nothing-Burger as the vanilla game?

What do you guys' think? Is any of this foreshadowing for future DLC? Or is it merely fleeting, meaningless prattle that will end in the same narrative Nothing-Burger as the vanilla game?
It sounds like it could be leading into future content but hasn't UL gone on record stating that there won't be any expansions of the base game? At best, we might get some DLC that features Red Talon or the Network more prominently but unless I'm remembering wrong - which I could be, in fairness - we won't be seeing any story content featuring our communities.

IF THERE'S NO BREAKDOWN I RIOT
I've put well over a thousand (separate from the main game) hours into Breakdown and, from where I'm standing, SoD 2 pretty much IS that game . . . sans an escalating difficulty level per each home-site relocation. So perhaps they'll add that.

It sounds like it could be leading into future content but hasn't UL gone on record stating that there won't be any expansions of the base game? At best, we might get some DLC that features Red Talon or the Network more prominently but unless I'm remembering wrong - which I could be, in fairness - we won't be seeing any story content featuring our communities.
Wow. How fucking lazy. But I ain't a bit surprised.

Still, in the spirit of mocking UL's shoddy, half-assed efforts, let's imagine . . .

Imagine . . . being able to join Red Talon. I mean, hell, throughout our SoD 2 playthroughs, we're (repeatedly) told by Red Talon operatives that they're "watching" us; and they further imply that our often selfless and gutsy actions prove we have the right stuff to join their organization. Which, naturally, leads any sensible and even semi-engaged player to infer that, in due course, they'll be able to select a survivor to join Red Talon (and thus receive that org's trademark black uniform, special backpack, and unique RT weapon).

Imagine . . . how cool it would be to see a survivor that's been with you from the beginning (as a civilian) now wearing the Red Talon uniform. Now imagine being able to select (after a LOT of time and effort) ALL your survivors for Red Talon recruitment (which would effectively make your community a full-fledged Red Talon Unit).

Imagine. Oh just Imagine.

Imagine . . . the sweet possibilities, if UL's dev team had actually given a fuck.

Last edited:
BIG question for you guys.

I consulted You Tube and Google for shits & giggles; and, as usual, there's no overall consensus amongst the enraged and bellowing herds. Chaos and contradiction reign supreme.

Of course, I don't trust any of those fucks. But I DO trust many of the voices here. And so . . .

After more than three months (and nearly 20 actual days played), Daddy Kelso is completing his FINAL mission. I suffered only a single death in all that time (not that UL cares, since there's no Longevity Achievement; but hey, I DID "kill" nearly 20,000 zeds, and we all know how IMPORTANT that is now), which was kinda bullshit, since it happened to some cheesedick I exiled from my group . . . he ran off and got immediately swamped by a Jug and two Ferals. The dumbfuck's tombstone never appeared in my Survivor screen, either, which is how I know the "death" wasn't legit. Oh well. At least I got an achievement out of it.

But that's all ancient history. Like I said . . . daddy's moving on.

So, my question . . . can I load up my characters' inventories with stuff (a la Breakdown) and then access it upon starting a new game?

Or do you begin COMPLETELY from scratch?

Thanks in advance, guys!